Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com or Coopersmith for UL Psychology Classes
(11-02-2020, 07:29 AM)ctcarl Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 09:26 PM)Seagull Wrote: ProctorU is free if scheduled far enough in advance.

If you didn't pay a fee to ProctorFU, I'm happy for you, but that does not mean it was free.  It means the cost was subsidized by your school.
This is confusing, it has always been free if scheduled 3 days in advance no matter what platform the exam was for. Or is ProctorU different from ProctorFU??? Huh
They're being punny and I love it! ProctorFU is a great name for a service that royally gouges students!
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(11-02-2020, 08:52 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 09:26 PM)Seagull Wrote: ProctorU is free if scheduled far enough in advance.

If you didn't pay a fee to ProctorFU, I'm happy for you, but that does not mean it was free.  It means the cost was subsidized by your school.
This is confusing, it has always been free if scheduled 3 days in advance no matter what platform the exam was for. Or is ProctorU different from ProctorFU??? Huh

as collegechick said, the U vs FU is supposed to be funny play on word with how the person feels about the service.  the F as in f bomb word with u.  ctcarl had really bad experiences with them Big Grin 
welcome to the forum inside culture.

back to paying...
In some (not all) learning platforms/colleges, the price of proctoring with Proctor U is included as part of the course price.  At Coopersmith, however, there is $18 proctoring fee through Proctor U unless you want a take it now surcharge fee added, then it is more.    It's been that way with coopersmith for most of this year.  I don't know about previous years.  and I'm not sure it matter if it was scheduled way in advanced to get that $18 waived.I scheduled a week in advance and there was a fee. I do know that if for some reason we failed at using proctor U to get the exam, that the staff at coopersmith had other options on stand by to help. I never needed those options so I don't know more.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • collegechick
(11-01-2020, 09:26 PM)Seagull Wrote: This is confusing, it has always been free if scheduled 3 days in advance no matter what platform the exam was for. Or is ProctorU different from ProctorFU??? Huh

It is definitely not free.  ProctorFU is all about the greenbacks.

Here's a breakdown of their fees, from online.illinois.edu.
(11-02-2020, 10:52 AM)P226mem Wrote:

as collegechick said, the U vs FU is supposed to be funny play on word with how the person feels about the service.  the F as in f bomb word with u.  ctcarl had really bad experiences with them Big Grin 
welcome to the forum inside culture.

back to paying...
In some (not all) learning platforms/colleges, the price of proctoring with Proctor U is included as part of the course price.  At Coopersmith, however, there is $18 proctoring fee through Proctor U unless you want a take it now surcharge fee added, then it is more.    It's been that way with coopersmith for most of this year.  I don't know about previous years.  and I'm not sure it matter if it was scheduled way in advanced to get that $18 waived.I scheduled a week in advance and there was a fee. I do know that if for some reason we failed at using proctor U to get the exam, that the staff at coopersmith had other options on stand by to help. I never needed those options so I don't know more.
I get it now. 

Confused as saw it referred that way by more than one person on this forum. 

But seriously guys, it confuses people.   Sad Huh
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seagull's post:
  • P226mem
.....and this is coopersmith's arrangement on prices with proctor U. scroll down to step 4 on this link. "The cost is minimal which is between $18 per exam, though they charge an additional nominal fee for exams on short notice ($12)."

https://www.coopersmithcc.net/about/
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(11-02-2020, 10:52 AM)P226mem Wrote: I do know that if for some reason we failed at using proctor U to get the exam, that the staff at coopersmith had other options on stand by to help. I never needed those options so I don't know more.

Coopersmith has other options besides ProctorU?! I would much rather use RPNow or something like that due to similar experiences as ctcarl has had. My internet can be iffy at best sometimes.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

ProctorU and ProctorFU are the same it's just a play on the name.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(11-02-2020, 02:07 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 10:52 AM)P226mem Wrote: I do know that if for some reason we failed at using proctor U to get the exam, that the staff at coopersmith had other options on stand by to help. I never needed those options so I don't know more.

Coopersmith has other options besides ProctorU?! I would much rather use RPNow or something like that due to similar experiences as ctcarl has had. My internet can be iffy at best sometimes.

If they do, that's news to me.  I specifically asked Stephen Haas at Coopersmith about alternatives on May 3 of this year, and he said there were none.
hmm. I asked coopersmith in June. I'm going to say it was specific to my situation that a one time solution was offered. And I didn't need it in any case. my apologies for confusion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,380 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,768 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 306 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 612 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,252 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle