Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com order of classes for computer science
We're you able to take Strayer challenge exams and transfer them out? I thought I recalled issues with their setup that either prevented this or made it more expensive than it appeared
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
A course challenge means that you can test out, but you still have to pay for the credits. It would be cheaper to take the course at Exelsior if you're already enrolled.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Thanks, I knew there was something to it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
udi  - Your private messaging is turned off.

I actually surprised myself.  I completed six courses in one month and got 80's or 90's on all of them.  I completed Introduction to Operating Systems, Systems Analysis and Design, Calculus, Presentational Speaking, Database Management, and Management Information Systems.

Even studying as a full time student, that was one full month, and I already knew Calculus and just had to review.

The hardest projects were in the Management Information Systems course.  It requires three essays, 2 over 1000 words long and 1 over 1500 words. 

The easiest project was for Database Management.  I completed it in about three hours and got 100%.  One of those hours was trying to figure out how to set up and log onto the website they use for the project. Smile (I eventually switched browsers and it came right up.)

The Presentational Speaking course was easiest overall (and no projects).  I did the quizzes one morning, took the exam in the evening, and got 97% on the course (my highest score). 

I found that what I had learned in the 3 free TEEX cybersecurity courses helped me skim through the security sections of several of the Study.com courses.

Good Luck!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ConqueringCollege's post:
  • alab21
Okay, thanks. Will turn DM on. I think it will probably take me two months to get through six courses, but will shoot for one ...
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(04-14-2019, 09:54 AM)ConqueringCollege Wrote: ...
The easiest project was for Database Management.  I completed it in about three hours and got 100%.  One of those hours was trying to figure out how to set up and log onto the website they use for the project. Smile (I eventually switched browsers and it came right up.)

so you completed all quizzes and the assignment and the proctored exam and got them all graded in 2 hours ?

the assignment must have been a joke
(04-19-2019, 01:00 PM)bluebooger Wrote:

so you completed all quizzes and the assignment and the proctored exam and got them all graded in 2 hours ?

The assignment isn't that complicated if you know your way around SQL, so completing it in two hours isn't that unreasonable. For someone new to SQL it would probably be more difficult and time-consuming.

I think I wasted more time setting up the site (I had to use a different one because the recommended one wasn't accepting new users at the time) and figuring out how to document my results than I spent on the assignment itself. But then again, I came into the course with more than a decade of experience in SQL programming so I could have passed with my eyes closed.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • akr680
(04-19-2019, 01:00 PM)bluebooger Wrote:

It took me about two weeks to complete the quizzes (while working on other courses) and only 3 hours for the assignment.  In the assignment, the instructions give you the commands you need and even most of the syntax.  It took a day (I think) for the assignment to be graded.

(04-18-2019, 01:07 AM)udi Wrote: Okay, thanks. Will turn DM on. I think it will probably take me two months to get through six courses, but will shoot for one ...

Two months would be safer (and less stressful).  Just try not to leave only one course for the second month!

I have 2 - 3 more courses to do at Study.com another month, including Computer Architecture.  I think Computer Architecture will be harder than the CS courses I've already done, especially the assignment.
The database management assignment is a joke, It's not a UL assignment.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,275 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,468 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,577 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 299 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue