Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com scoring?
I read around the forum and see that the pass/fail for the course is the chapter quizzes + the final exam.
What about the chapter tests, do those count? Should I retake them to make a 100%, or only just the quizzes?
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
BingCherry Wrote:I read around the forum and see that the pass/fail for the course is the chapter quizzes + the final exam.
What about the chapter tests, do those count? Should I retake them to make a 100%, or only just the quizzes?

Chapter tests do not count towards your grade - just the quizzes and final (and any essays, projects, etc, the course may have). Also, your first 3 quiz attempts are the only ones that count, so it's important to get 100% on each of them within 3 tries.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Most of the courses are broken down to 1/3 points for quizzes and 2/3 points for final examine (except for courses with written assignment, always check syllabus). To pass you need a score of 70 or more. If you get 100% on quizzes, you just need 55 on the final examine. With the new updates, it tells you how much you need to score after you finish the quizzes.

Also a small tip, since they recently modified the quizzes so that you only get 3 attempts. To make sure you score 100% on your quizzes, when you do the quizzes (this only work with the website not the app) you can always double check your answers when you scroll down and click on the worksheet and print out the answer. It just pop up a tab, it doesn't actually print out anything.
CLEP - Introduction to Psychology, Introduction Sociology, Human Growth and Development, College Mathematics, Educational Psychology, Humanities
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Introduction to Statistic, TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Study.com - Intro to World Religion, Western Civilization 1, Western Civilization 2, Abnormal Psychology, Info Sys and Comp Apps, American Gov't, Social Psychology, Personal Finance,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 8 313 04-26-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: louise
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,579 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,666 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 470,261 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 777 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 380 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,064 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,949 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 608 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 323 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue