Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Study.com Statistics?
(05-06-2023, 06:25 PM)oh.golly.molly Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 02:21 PM)gremlinbrawler Wrote: I know this post is late but maybe it can still help someone. I took statistics through study.com and I'll let you in on a little secret. The actual test is about 10x easier than what you learn in the videos. The videos were so hard, at least for me. I spent so much time trying to understand them and sometimes I would just move forward even if I didn't think I had a solid understanding. I nervously took the practice test and to my astonishement the questions are rediculously easy. Same with the real test. You'll feel like a 7th grader on the real test.
So that being said, the course itself seems super hard but the actualy exam is not. You can get a good idea of this by taking the final practice exam. I do not know how this course got ACE approval because the real test is so easy it feels borderline unethical. I definitely don't think that this is typical of the study.com courses and I have taken many of them but this one is different. I suppose they could change it in the future so I'll mention that I took it around march of 2017. For reference I got 74% on the practice exam and 77% on the proctored final.
If I were you I would just take the practice test to get a feel for it and then decide if you want to take statistics through study.com or somewhere else.

I'm hoping this is the case for me because I'm super nervous about taking the exam stats 101 exam with study.com. I too had to watch the videos multiple times to get some of the content.  IDK about the practice test though yet because the quick skim on it I did didn't look like the questions were super easy (to me that is) I'm giving myself a week to study and then fingers crossed this will all be over!

If anyone has any additional updates please let me know.
I will circle back after to let you know a more recent experience with the final.

This thread is 6+ years old, so you prob won't be getting any feedback.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-06-2023, 06:25 PM)oh.golly.mo lly Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 02:21 PM)gremlinbrawler Wrote: I know this post is late but maybe it can still help someone. I took statistics through study.com and I'll let you in on a little secret. The actual test is about 10x easier than what you learn in the videos. The videos were so hard, at least for me. I spent so much time trying to understand them and sometimes I would just move forward even if I didn't think I had a solid understanding. I nervously took the practice test and to my astonishement the questions are rediculously easy. Same with the real test. You'll feel like a 7th grader on the real test.
So that being said, the course itself seems super hard but the actualy exam is not. You can get a good idea of this by taking the final practice exam. I do not know how this course got ACE approval because the real test is so easy it feels borderline unethical. I definitely don't think that this is typical of the study.com courses and I have taken many of them but this one is different. I suppose they could change it in the future so I'll mention that I took it around march of 2017. For reference I got 74% on the practice exam and 77% on the proctored final.
If I were you I would just take the practice test to get a feel for it and then decide if you want to take statistics through study.com or somewhere else.

I'm hoping this is the case for me because I'm super nervous about taking the exam stats 101 exam with study.com. I too had to watch the videos multiple times to get some of the content.  IDK about the practice test though yet because the quick skim on it I did didn't look like the questions were super easy (to me that is) I'm giving myself a week to study and then fingers crossed this will all be over!

I will circle back after to let you know a more recent experience with the final.

Hi Molly, 
Sooo glad you recently posted in this thread! I am finishing up chapter 10 of state right now (finally!!) and I was wondering how you made out with the final and any feedback or pointers you may have.  Hopefully it was as easy as others are saying.  I am super nervous, I found parts of this class really challenging and I'm concerned about needing to memorize the formulas for the proctored final.  Anything you could share would be helpful and appreciated  Smile Thank!
(05-06-2023, 06:25 PM)oh.golly.mo lly Wrote:

Hi Molly, 
Sooo glad you recently posted in this thread! I am finishing up chapter 10 of state right now (finally!!) and I was wondering how you made out with the final and any feedback or pointers you may have.  Hopefully it was as easy as others are saying.  I am super nervous, I found parts of this class really challenging and I'm concerned about needing to memorize the formulas for the proctored final.  Anything you could share would be helpful and appreciated  Smile Thank!
@KaitlynFa126, Welcome to the board... I suggest you spend some time searching for the answers you may want in regards to the Statistics course or even reviews. Some members don't log on each and every day to review a post update, thus, you don't really need to double post to bump up the thread.

My suggestion for you is that you continue with Study.com Statistics Practice exams until you get at least 85-90% on them, practice the chapter tests too. The more practice you get, the easier it becomes. When you're close to getting 85-90%, you're pretty much ready for the final exam. Don't sweat it, relax.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • KaitlynFa126
(06-20-2023, 07:45 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @KaitlynFa126, Welcome to the board...  I suggest you spend some time searching for the answers you may want in regards to the Statistics course or even reviews.  Some members don't log on each and every day to review a post update, thus, you don't really need to double post to bump up the thread.  

My suggestion for you is that you continue with Study.com Statistics Practice exams until you get at least 85-90% on them, practice the chapter tests too.  The more practice you get, the easier it becomes.  When you're close to getting 85-90%, you're pretty much ready for the final exam.  Don't sweat it, relax.

Hi! I haven't gotten less than an 80% on any of the chapter tests yet, but I am also reviewing my notes when I take the tests and I know you can't use notes for the final.  I will start practicing without reviewing my notes and see how I do.  Thank you so much for responding!
For SDC math tests, remember that you are allowed a blank sheet of paper. If there are any formulas that you think you'll need, spend 10-15 minutes before the exam trying to cram them into your brain as much as possible. When you start the exam, spend the first 3-5 minutes writing down as many formulas as you can remember. Don't even look at the questions until you've done this.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Adding my 2023 post final experience here for legacy info incase anyone need to reference moving forward.

The final exam was much easier than I expected but full transparency, I did a lot of studying and prep work by going back through all the chapters and re-taking the chapter exams to make sure I really understood the materials and to identify knowledge gaps. For what it is, I'm in my mid-30s and had not taken a math class in 15 years so I needed to do that for myself. Also with all SDC courses, make sure you get 100 on all the quizzes to maximize your class points as these can be taken more than once.

The final is 60 questions not 70 like some people in the forum stated. The 2 hours goes by quick so I would suggest you skip the question that really stump you and move froward because there are lots of easy ones (vocab term related) mixed in you can get through and the go back to the iffy ones at the end so you don't waste too much time.

I did not need to look up z/t in a table, the questions they had they gave them to you but DO know the z score percentages for 90(1.65), 95(1.69), 99(2.58) so just have them near by.

As noted above you can have blankpaper so take the time to write out your formulas first before starting the test.  The largest formula was the binomial experiment (no chapter 10 equations at all, just vocabulary from that section!) and I think there was at least 1 correlation coefficient but I was able to deduce the answer early on and not have to do that whole chart crap.  

Again, know the curve well so you can deduce questions with the percentages 68-95.6-99.7 and how they can be added up on either side of the curve. I feel like once I got this concept I could answer questions without always having to calculate bc the info for the curve is constant and the answers are multiple choice.

Goodluck to anyone taking this! You got it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes oh.golly.molly's post:
  • jg_nuy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 462,715 3 hours ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 522 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 307 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 941 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 66 38,886 02-01-2024, 03:56 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 532 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 263 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 666 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM
  Study scholarships Carnation 2 340 12-31-2023, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  Study.com - Optional quizzes? kylan11 4 451 12-31-2023, 06:34 PM