Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA equivelant courses in Study?
Hi,

I am hoping to confirm if the following courses from TESU match up in equivalency from study.com.

TESU-                                                                               Study.com

MAN-372 International Management                                 Business 308: Globalization & International Management?[url=http://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=MAN-372&sem=][/url]
FIN-301 Principles of Finance                                            Study Finance 104: Financial Management

And for the General Management Studies- Marketing Subject-

MAR-441 Marketing with Digital and Social Media                Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising

I really appreciate your help in advance.

Thank you
Ideally, you should talk to a TESU advisor and get these preplanned onto your academic evaluation. This will tell you exactly what they should come in as and whether they'll be applied towards your degree requirements.

The Study.com <-> TESU course equivalency & transfer guide should be accurate, but it's ultimately up to TESU what recommendations they accept. I've personally transferred 5+ courses from SDC to TESU and they all came in exactly as the transfer guide stated.

Here's what those courses are listed as on the transfer guide:
  • Business 308: Globalization & International Management = MAN-372 International Management, 3 upper
  • Finance 104: Financial Management = FIN-200 Intro to Finance, 3 lower
  • Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising = MAR-441 Marketing with Digital and Social Media, 3 upper
[-] The following 1 user Likes scorpion's post:
  • sarahrahul
(06-10-2020, 07:10 PM)scorpion Wrote: Ideally, you should talk to a TESU advisor and get these preplanned onto your academic evaluation. This will tell you exactly what they should come in as and whether they'll be applied towards your degree requirements.

The Study.com <-> TESU course equivalency & transfer guide should be accurate, but it's ultimately up to TESU what recommendations they accept. I've personally transferred 5+ courses from SDC to TESU and they all came in exactly as the transfer guide stated.

Here's what those courses are listed as on the transfer guide:
  • Business 308: Globalization & International Management = MAN-372 International Management, 3 upper
  • Finance 104: Financial Management = FIN-200 Intro to Finance, 3 lower
  • Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising = MAR-441 Marketing with Digital and Social Media, 3 upper

Thank you for the reply!

So Study.com Finance 104: Financial Management i not the equivalent of TESU- FIN-301 Principles of Finance?

Ah i thought that they were! Bummer!
(06-10-2020, 07:18 PM)sarahrahul Wrote: Thank you for the reply!

So Study.com Finance 104: Financial Management i not the equivalent of TESU- FIN-301 Principles of Finance?

Ah i thought that they were! Bummer!

Study.com is a lower level course and is rarely accepted as an upper level which is what TESU is. I think there's an upper finance course on Study.com.
(06-10-2020, 07:00 PM)sarahrahul Wrote: Hi,

I am hoping to confirm if the following courses from TESU match up in equivalency from study.com.

TESU-                                                                               Study.com

MAN-372 International Management                                  Business 308: Globalization & International Management?[url=http://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=MAN-372&sem=][/url]
FIN-301 Principles of Finance                                            Study Finance 104: Financial Management

MAR-441 Marketing with Digital and Social Media                Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising

Thank you

It's not a matter of matching up exactly, as you don't always have to.  Some of it depends on what concentration you're going for. So, the question is, where do you want to use these credits?  Core, or AOS.  Here's how they would come in:

BUS 308: Globalization and International Management comes in as MAN-372 - I would use this in the AOS if you're taking General Management, otherwise I wouldn't take it at all.
BUS 120: International Business comes in as MAN-271, and fulfills the core International Management requirement, so this is what you want to take there.

FIN 101: Principles of Finance and FIN 104: Financial Management both come in as FIN-200, and will fulfill the core Prin of Finance requirement, do either one

BUS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising comes in as MAR-441, and will work in the GM MAR area, or the Marketing concentration.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-10-2020, 11:49 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 07:00 PM)sarahrahul Wrote: Hi,

MAN-372 International Management                                  Business 308: Globalization & International Management?[/url]

Thank you

It's not a matter of matching up exactly, as you don't always have to.  Some of it depends on what concentration you're going for. So, the question is, where do you want to use these credits?  Core, or AOS.  Here's how they would come in:

BUS 308: Globalization and International Management comes in as MAN-372 - I would use this in the AOS if you're taking General Management, otherwise I wouldn't take it at all.
BUS 120: International Business comes in as MAN-271, and fulfills the core International Management requirement, so this is what you want to take there.

FIN 101: Principles of Finance and FIN 104: Financial Management both come in as FIN-200, and will fulfill the core Prin of Finance requirement, do either one

BUS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising comes in as MAR-441, and will work in the GM MAR area, or the Marketing concentration.

Thanks for the reply!

I confirmed that the following courses fall under the Core"
G: Business/Society 3SH (Not started) Topics can include: International Management, Business in Society,International Marketing, and International Business.
For TESU course options, go to
MAN-372 International Management
OR BUS-311 Business in Society "

[url=http://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=BUS-311]
If i do take Business 308: Globalization & International Management from study.com, will it suffice MAN 372 International Management of TESU?

Thank you
sarahrahul, I answered your original post. With 100% certainty, you do NOT have to bring in UL core courses at TESU. The LL courses will work to fulfill the requirements in the core. 100%. Has been this way for many years.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • sarahrahul

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 375 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,308 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,475 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,646 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 276 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,790 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,391 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM