Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com updated PSY316 (Advanced Social Psychology) without any notification
I've finished the quizzes for this course and I was working on the assignment, a 2000-2500 word paper. Imagine my surprise when I logged in today and found out the course now has 4 assignments, several of which require 2000-2500 word papers.

This is one of my last courses for my BA psych, I need the UL credit, and this means I will either have to wait another 3 months to graduate, or give up on my BA psych entirely (I'm doing BA CS concurrently). I'm extremely disappointed and discouraged.
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
Advanced Social Psychology without any notification

that's a strange name for a course
(09-25-2019, 09:37 PM)bluebooger Wrote: Advanced Social Psychology without any notification

that's a strange name for a course

I've updated the topic title for clarity.
----
Since you started the course under an older syllabus, I imagine you can contact them and be able to complete the course under the older conditions. Worth asking.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • harrypotter
Remember that it's pass/fail. I would turn in that assignment that you're working on and turn in whatever the bare minimum you need to pass on the other ones. Remember that this doesn't have to be your thesis or whatever. you want a 70 on the course and nothing more. You can bang it out, believe in yourself.

I turned in one the other day with no bibliography and missing the requirements because I only needed like 5 more points to pass the course and I knew that was good enough. Don't be a perfectionist, just do what you got to do to beat your deadline. You can do it.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

It was not UL previously, so if you'd have finished it previously, TESU would have only given you LL credit for it. Now, you have a shot at getting it UL.

If you don't want to finish it on Study.com, you could take it as a UExcel exam.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-26-2019, 01:15 AM)dfrecore Wrote: It was not UL previously, so if you'd have finished it previously, TESU would have only given you LL credit for it.  Now, you have a shot at getting it UL.

If you don't want to finish it on Study.com, you could take it as a UExcel exam.

Totally my bad. I do need it as a LL and not UL. I just finished the TESU capstone and I never want to write again hah! So when I saw the giant assignments, I just had a feeling of panic. Is there any other LL for this course, or it's just the UL UExcel?
----
Man, Coopersmith is looking more and more appealing. LOL!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
I believe coopersmith has an advanced social psych course and I believe there course is just an exam.
(09-26-2019, 06:42 AM)natshar Wrote: I believe coopersmith has an advanced social psych course and I believe there course is just an exam.

Coopersmith just has Social Psychology and Social Psychology of Dress. Both are LL. With the former, there's a good chance it'll duplicate whatever NolaRice has already taken for Social Psych, and with the latter, it might not count for the requirement at all. You'll want to check with an advisor.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 8 277 2 hours ago
Last Post: louise
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,564 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,663 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 470,132 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 771 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 378 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,054 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,939 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 605 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 319 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue