Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com vs. StraighterLine
Interesting, was reading the blogs on StraighterLine and they've got an article comparing them against Study.com, a major competitor of theirs.  I guess there are a few things that are misleading, one being the monthly fee/course fees... Read on and find out what other differences there are!  I wonder if they would compare themselves to Sophia.org later down the road...

Link: Study.com vs. StraighterLine | Straighterline
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
interesting blog. thanks for sharing

I also thought that the price comparison was misleading/incomplete comparison.
and I thought the mention about course categories were a little "incomplete" (misleading) in comparison. For example SDC has some of the same name of courses that SL places in a "health science" category even if SDC places it in "science". and depending on how one sees each companies offerings, both offer some "college prep" (not credit) category. But SL blog tries to leave the feeling that SDC doesn't offer courses in those categories. They don't say SDC doesn't offer them. Just says that SL has more "categories". gives me an eye roll.
and I don't see mention of UL vs LL, though I guess it's up to a college to take ACE recommendation on that.

both offer similar things and some people use both to reach goals. Glad to have options even if I didn't use SL to reach personal goals.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

I tried Straighterline and just didn't like the "this is just like REAL college but it's online!" format. Why have scans of college textbooks etc if you don't need them. Also they had some extremely questionable answers on a few of their tests and I just didn't think it was worth my time.

More power to anyone who likes it though, I just didn't think it was for me.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 521 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 174 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,323 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,589 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,341 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 730 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 328 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 358 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 311 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,030 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat