Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stupid Study.com Tricks
(09-13-2017, 09:28 AM)quigongene Wrote: I've been using them to study for CLEP exams between tests.

My daughter used Study.com to prep for several Clep exams- English Literature, College Algebra, and Biology. These courses were very well aligned to the Clep exams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DIGI-212's post:
  • greencouch
Has anyone applied for the Guardian Scholarship recently? I applied on Sunday and haven't heard back yet (I religiously check my promotions and spam folders already since Gmail can never figure out where my emails belong) and I haven't seen anything yet. I've seen everywhere from same day to 3 weeks on here though as far as hearing back goes.
Also, I've seen some people say they might be getting more than 6 free exams on the scholarship. Is that true/possible?
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
Mine took a couple months....
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(09-22-2017, 02:00 PM)Doodlebabe Wrote: Has anyone applied for the Guardian Scholarship recently? I applied on Sunday and haven't heard back yet (I religiously check my promotions and spam folders already since Gmail can never figure out where my emails belong) and I haven't seen anything yet. I've seen everywhere from same day to 3 weeks on here though as far as hearing back goes.
Also, I've seen some people say they might be getting more than 6 free exams on the scholarship. Is that true/possible?
It took almost a month for mine. Hold tight!

I have one month left so I don’t know yet if I’ll get extra exams. I’m really enjoying study a lot so I’m going to keep working on the last three courses I need from them and pay for them if I don’t get them free.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
Keep Posting the Tricks! Hopefully -Study.com will not can make any harder to pass their courses!
Or better yet-maybe ACE will no longer approve their courses.
Yeah, this is not a cool thread.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes icampy's post:
  • greencouch
There’s nothing wrong with this thread. The only thing it does is encourage you that if you are taking a course where you have some prior knowledge, go ahead and click through the quizzes first, get 100s, and then take the final. If you don’t have prior knowledge you better just take the course. That’s what I did with Vietnam War. I had no prior knowledge, so I read every transcript and took detailed notes. There’s no way I would have passed that course by clicking through. However on Engl Comp and Religion I had prior knowledge so it was ok for me to move more quickly through it. How is this different than a CLEP? If you know the material you can go in cold. If not, you better study. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
[-] The following 4 users Like originalamyj's post:
  • bellbaby, High_Order1, inkleind, quigongene
(09-24-2017, 09:12 PM)icampy Wrote: Yeah, this is not a cool thread.

If you're not violating the rules, how is this not a cool thread?
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

No one on this thread appears to be doing anything dishonest with study.com but it would be a bummer if study.com gets some of their ACE courses revoked because of threads like this making their courses look too easy. That is probably unlikely though.
When I see Study.com, I instantly think their courses are "High School Easy".
Just like Straighterline is "Cheap/Easy/Fast" when I write about them...
There's nothing wrong with this thread, these "tricks" are study methods people use to get better grades.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 4 111 Yesterday, 03:20 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,457 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,628 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,208 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 761 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 369 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,040 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,914 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 315 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue