Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer 2021 Session 1 Updates
Art History 1 is done!! Meaning I don't have to take Eng 151, THANK GOD! that class is horrendous. This also means I'm 1 class down for UMPI!! 7 more classes to go!
I'm also half done with intro to ethics on sophia! Totally beats writing an essay.
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
[-] The following 2 users Like adegree4me's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
I'm working on my last milestone. I'll probably submit it by 1am tonight and work on my essay tomorrow. I worked in bits and pieces of it as the entire first class, Data-Driven Decision-Making and Planning did a fantastic job of walking you through your final. Each milestone was a part of it, like one source or paragraph at a time so it gave me a nice head start.

I have an 8-hour train ride tomorrow. I will be going to San Francisco to celebrate my birthday (safely) with my boyfriend. We're going to celebrate my graduation, his birthday as well. Together we will have a lot of fun. During this train ride, since the train has WiFi I'll use it to start my essay.

5000 words wish me luck! I have a meeting with the Professor on Monday, she's super nice so far! I really like her! Dr Amanda Wickramasinghe seems to be very talented and cares deeply about our success, she didn't hesitate to hop on zoom with me Monday. I'll be at the Tea Garden around this time so meeting up with her would be perfect, she found a great time and will be offering video transcripts via zoom for myself.

We're going to discuss Wikipedia in depth, and whether or not it is a viable source to vet another source.
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • adegree4me, Novo, ss20ts
(05-16-2021, 12:03 AM)ashkir Wrote: I'm working on my last milestone. I'll probably submit it by 1am tonight and work on my essay tomorrow. I worked in bits and pieces of it as the entire first class, Data-Driven Decision-Making and Planning did a fantastic job of walking you through your final. Each milestone was a part of it, like one source or paragraph at a time so it gave me a nice head start.

I have an 8-hour train ride tomorrow. I will be going to San Francisco to celebrate my birthday (safely) with my boyfriend. We're going to celebrate my graduation, his birthday as well. Together we will have a lot of fun. During this train ride, since the train has WiFi I'll use it to start my essay.

5000 words wish me luck! I have a meeting with the Professor on Monday, she's super nice so far! I really like her! Dr Amanda Wickramasinghe seems to be very talented and cares deeply about our success, she didn't hesitate to hop on zoom with me Monday. I'll be at the Tea Garden around this time so meeting up with her would be perfect, she found a great time and will be offering video transcripts via zoom for myself.

We're going to discuss Wikipedia in depth, and whether or not it is a viable source to vet another source.
This sounds absolutely fantastic! You're a super dedicated so this will be smooth sailing for you. So far, how do you like the MAOL so far? How was this class? I'm doing my MBA with WGU but I did consider the MAOL from UMPI as well. 

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! I've only ever been on a 40 min train ride from a small town in NJ to Atlantic City and it was kinda bumpy lol! And doing your essay is a very good use of time.
@adegree4me - just wondering what your required courses at UMPI are for the BAS with Management Minor?  My cousin is interested in getting the BAS with a MIS minor, but may add the management minor as well or the project management minor - depending on how fast they can finish a course.  I did a quick check and see a few overlapping courses in each minor.  I'm emailing UMPI to get more details on how the BAS works for the YourPace program, requirements should be very similar if not the same as the BLS.  I think there may be a possibility to do a couple minors with UMPI just taking the minimum with them...

Management Minor Core Requirements
-BUS 141: Introduction to Project Management with Microsoft Projects
-BUS 240: Change Management
BUS 260: Leadership
BUS 321: Human Resource Management
-BUS 415: Operations Management
PCJ 215: Business Communication

Management Information Systems Minor Core Requirements
BUS 200: Intermediate Business Computing
BUS 244: Management Information Systems
BUS 245: Programming for Managers
BUS 345: Database Management Systems
BUS 440: Business Analytics

Project Management Minor Core Requirements
BUS 343: Project Risk & Cost Management
BUS 400: Project Management Applications
BUS 401: Advanced Project Management Applications II
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-16-2021, 07:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @adegree4me - just wondering what your required courses at UMPI are for the BAS with Management Minor?  My cousin is interested in getting the BAS with a MIS minor, but may add the management minor as well or the project management minor - depending on how fast they can finish a course.  I did a quick check and see a few overlapping courses in each minor.  I'm emailing UMPI to get more details on how the BAS works for the YourPace program, requirements should be very similar if not the same as the BLS.  I think there may be a possibility to do a couple minors with UMPI just taking the minimum with them...

Management Minor Core Requirements
BUS 260: Leadership
BUS 321: Human Resource Management
PCJ 215: Business Communication

Management Information Systems Minor Core Requirements
BUS 200: Intermediate Business Computing
BUS 244: Management Information Systems
BUS 245: Programming for Managers
BUS 345: Database Management Systems
BUS 440: Business Analytics

Project Management Minor Core Requirements
BUS 343: Project Risk & Cost Management
BUS 400: Project Management Applications
BUS 401: Advanced Project Management Applications II
When I started the process I was originally going to do the BLS with a management minor because I had no idea about there being the BAS alternative IF you have an associates of applied science, OR will have one before you are finished with your BAS, at least that's what Jessica told me. Do you need her email? I can PM it to you.
I'm needing to pick 3 electives. Does anyone have any recommendations on what they took and are they easy?! I'm looking for ones that are easy sailing so I can get them done quick!

I think I'm overthinking the spanish 101 class. I have been utilizing babbel, spanish dictionary and youtube videos and the feedback I got from my milestone today was I'm using words NOT gone over in the class and that I should stick to what is being taught. which sucks because I'm 90% done with my final. I'm upset! I dunno what to do. I hope I dont need to trash it. I did email the instructor, I'm waiting for feedback.
(05-17-2021, 03:04 PM)adegree4me Wrote: I'm needing to pick 3 electives. Does anyone have any recommendations on what they took and are they easy?! I'm looking for ones that are easy sailing so I can get them done quick!

I think I'm overthinking the spanish 101 class. I have been utilizing babbel, spanish dictionary and youtube videos and the feedback I got from my milestone today was I'm using words NOT gone over in the class and that I should stick to what is being taught. which sucks because I'm 90% done with my final. I'm upset! I dunno what to do. I hope I dont need to trash it. I did email the instructor, I'm waiting for feedback.

What have you already completed? There's a list of classes available you can get from Jessica. Every class isn't available every term. Do they need to be UL? If they don't need to be UL, have you looked at completing some Sophia classes to fill the electives?

For Spanish, yeah don't use a lot of words you haven't learned. I found this to be VERY tricky with the Final Assessment. Something like the word can isn't taught in Spanish 1 so that tripped me up. Try to use the list of words provided on the sites she shared in the class. There's a list of verbs you have to use also. Make sure you use them all some how. You need to meet the word count. She's strict on that. Use the sources she gives you for the class. Don't go off on your own. Free advice there because I got in trouble and had an issue because I used an outside Spanish dictionary. It all ended up fine and I got an A in the class.
(05-17-2021, 03:12 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 03:04 PM)adegree4me Wrote: I'm needing to pick 3 electives. Does anyone have any recommendations on what they took and are they easy?! I'm looking for ones that are easy sailing so I can get them done quick!

What have you already completed? There's a list of classes available you can get from Jessica. Every class isn't available every term. Do they need to be UL? If they don't need to be UL, have you looked at completing some Sophia classes to fill the electives?

For Spanish, yeah don't use a lot of words you haven't learned. I found this to be VERY tricky with the Final Assessment. Something like the word can isn't taught in Spanish 1 so that tripped me up. Try to use the list of words provided on the sites she shared in the class. There's a list of verbs you have to use also. Make sure you use them all some how. You need to meet the word count. She's strict on that. Use the sources she gives you for the class. Don't go off on your own. Free advice there because I got in trouble and had an issue because I used an outside Spanish dictionary. It all ended up fine and I got an A in the class.

I'm sorry I should have specified that they need to be 300/400 level classes for the electives. I have spa 101, bus 415, bus 260, and then 3 UL electives left.
Well, here goes to rewriting my entire final autobiography ::thumbsdown::
This is terrible because I was wanting to be done with this class today, and get on with the rest of the classes.
(05-17-2021, 03:23 PM)adegree4me Wrote: I'm sorry I should have specified that they need to be 300/400 level classes for the electives. I have spa 101, bus 415, bus 260, and then 3 UL electives left.
This is terrible because I was wanting to be done with this class today, and get on with the rest of the classes.

What UL classes have you taken at UMPI? What UL classes transferred in? 

It's probably best to ask Jessica for the list of available courses and see what is UL, what the Final Assessment is, and if it fits into your degree plan. Every course isn't available every term so that's why it's important to check with Jessica. She will also have advice on what works best for your degree. You're doing the BAS, right? You definitely want to make sure you get every course needed for the degree requirements and she knows them inside and out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • adegree4me
(05-17-2021, 03:40 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 03:23 PM)adegree4me Wrote: I'm sorry I should have specified that they need to be 300/400 level classes for the electives. I have spa 101, bus 415, bus 260, and then 3 UL electives left.

What UL classes have you taken at UMPI? What UL classes transferred in? 

It's probably best to ask Jessica for the list of available courses and see what is UL, what the Final Assessment is, and if it fits into your degree plan. Every course isn't available every term so that's why it's important to check with Jessica. She will also have advice on what works best for your degree. You're doing the BAS, right? You definitely want to make sure you get every course needed for the degree requirements and she knows them inside and out.

Jessica messaged me like 10 min ago asking which electives I wanted! she suggested bus 330 and bus 335 they both sound great. Now I just gotta pick one more.
I had no ULs transferred in, which is fine. I've done them all so far with UMPI and tbh, theyre easier than a few of the 100 level classes I've taken.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,653 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 918 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace Catalog Summer 2023 grogers14 20 7,030 01-17-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer II waiting for conferral Mcroberson 15 926 09-24-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Mcroberson
  Will all the courses be offered every session? sdw1243 2 437 08-29-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,039 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Upcoming Session wj123 3 483 08-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: wj123
  Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 140 14,661 08-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: thestudyguy
  Dean's List for Summer Session? klone 2 435 07-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  2023 SUMMER 1 COHORT - CHAT LakeMomNY 42 3,569 07-06-2023, 09:22 AM
Last Post: lumina