Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAMUC Texas History?
My got transferred only because Dodd had taken a leave of absence.
---
In Progress:
Purdue Global - Masters in Cybersecurity Management

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

[-] The following 1 user Likes fromthedepths's post:
  • ltw900rr
Update.

Finished Texas Government and Politics, received an A. That was a long course, the reading material and videos up to the 1st post test were very time consuming. Also finished CID 338 Talent Leadership in HR with an A. Sent in for my 1st acceleration class, taking CID 342 Leading Innovation next, after I saw a previous post where someone recommenced the class.

Also, I have not had any luck with TAMUC accepting the 2 listed classes on the WIKI for the 040 requirement, Sophia Visual communications and US history: Learn from the past, prepare for the future.
In progress: Just Finished:

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
San Jacinto College A.A.S. Automotive Technology
(10-03-2023, 09:56 PM)ltw900rr Wrote: Update.

Finished Texas Government and Politics, received an A. That was a long course, the reading material and videos up to the 1st post test were very time consuming. Also finished CID 338 Talent Leadership in HR with an A. Sent in for my 1st acceleration class, taking CID 342 Leading Innovation next, after I saw a previous post where someone recommenced the class.

Also, I have not had any luck with TAMUC accepting the 2 listed classes on the WIKI for the 040 requirement, Sophia Visual communications and US history: Learn from the past, prepare for the future.
Congrats so far! Keep at it!
---
In Progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

• ltw900rr

Is there any Sophia class they will accept for this requirement? They also did not take my visual communications Sophia class. I was hoping they would take the US history class as I just finished it but haven’t transferred it over. I’m struggling getting them to answer what I can transfer over for this credit!

On the plus side, I have 79 credits they have already accepted from community college and Sophia.
That's strange. TAMUC accepted both US History I and II from Sophia. See attached.

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot_20231007-163450.png (Size: 231.66 KB / Downloads: 17)
---
In Progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

To be on the safe side, I would ask/query about why the Sophia.org classes didn't come through as intended or even mention that you were advised to take this from friends who have completed the requirement through Sophia.org and recommended to go that route. Ask to see if there is an option to appeal or revisit those two courses and hope for a favorable outcome, if it doesn't come as intended, ask to see if it can be escalated further...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-07-2023, 04:16 PM)HoustonGuy Wrote:

Is there any Sophia class they will accept for this requirement? They also did not take my visual communications Sophia class. I was hoping they would take the US history class as I just finished it but haven’t transferred it over. I’m struggling getting them to answer what I can transfer over for this credit!

On the plus side, I have 79 credits they have already accepted from community college and Sophia.
Houston guy. I'm on the north east side of Houston close to Lake Houston

TAMUC did not take any of my Sophia classes for the 040 requirement. Currently I am taking MMJ 1307 Mass communication in society for the 040 requirement through TAMUC. It seems to be going very good, I have finished 4 of the 6 exams, I only have 2 left and then the final paper. 

Do you have to take TX History from TAMUC?

(10-07-2023, 04:38 PM)fromthedepths Wrote: That's strange. TAMUC accepted both US History I and II from Sophia. See attached.

I think Houston guy was probably talking about the 2 Sophia classes listed on the wiki, visual communications and US history: Learn from the past, prepare for the future. They were both listed as Sophia classes that would count for 040 at TAMUC.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
That makes sense. I'll update the wiki with what was recently accepted and leave the others as 'maybe'.
---
In Progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Updated the degree plan as both Ancient Greek Philosophers and Introduction to Ethics both meet the requirement.
---
In Progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

• ltw900rr
(10-10-2023, 03:38 PM)fromthedepths Wrote: Updated the degree plan as both Ancient Greek Philosophers and Introduction to Ethics both meet the requirement.

Also, in the wiki under Government/political science, it lists Sophia U.S. Government (unconfirmed). TAMUC accepted Sophia U.S. Government, so you can remove the (unconfirmed) part.

The following Sophia classes were accepted by TAMUC:
click here and look at my list

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes ltw900rr's post:
  • fromthedepths

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS in OL is done. Next up, Masters! HoustonGuy 9 177 04-27-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 10 487 04-27-2024, 12:45 PM
Last Post: mohelena02
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 26 4,523 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 41 2,896 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 13,326 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,668 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 526 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,450 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go! mohelena02 47 6,298 01-11-2024, 11:50 AM
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 622 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77