Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is testing out of BSBA courses hard if you've never taken business classes before?
You can waste precious time on this site.
Testing out of business classes is not a problem. Start reading the REA book for marketing, then management, micro and macro and take those 4 tests. Once I had done that, I knew I could finish my BSBA through testing out.
Use straighterline for accounting I&II and biz comm.
Get started and try to make yourself stay off the site for a week. Forum addiction is a real problem. Its not just degreeforum, it happens on other forums as well.
It only becomes a problem when it blocks you from achieving your goal.
Mine is to help others with completing a degree and I feel like I am doing that when I come to the forum so my time is not wasted.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:You can waste precious time on this site.
Testing out of business classes is not a problem. Start reading the REA book for marketing, then management, micro and macro and take those 4 tests. Once I had done that, I knew I could finish my BSBA through testing out.
Get started and try to make yourself stay off the site for a week. Forum addiction is a real problem. Its not just degreeforum, it happens on other forums as well.
Mine is to help others with completing a degree and I feel like I am doing that when I come to the forum so my time is not wasted.
Thanks ryoder. You're right. I always seem to find a new addiction. I'm a little crazy. I'm going to look into what that REA book is. If I secure a perm job in the next 3 months, then I'll just go for the BSBA instead of the BA since I'll be able to take my time.
CollegeStudent7 Wrote:I know there are a bunch of you completing your BSBA. The vast majority seem to be testing out as much as possible. I wanted to ask those of you who don't have much experience with business courses, was it terribly hard?
I know burbuja completed nearly 100 credits in 9 months, but she's a little bit of a freak of nature (in a terribly fantastic way of course) hehe. I just wanted to get feedback from everyone. I have some friends who are on the same page as me and they are also curious about TESC.

LOL too funny. Smile

Yes, testing out of biz classes is hard, for me Finance and M&B were the absolute worst tests of all.

Keep in mind that when I dropped out of college years ago, I fell into the sales and business world and have been there for years. Most companies I've worked at have provided training either at the onset of the job and/or during my course of employment there. I have even worked for one company that required all of its employees to do quarterly ethics training. Also, being in B2B sales, I've spent months negotiating contracts for my larger deals. Bus Law II is supposed to be very tough, but I didn't find it all that hard because it was familiar to me.

Based on this, I don't think that me doing business tests quickly is an indicator of how another person would fare. There are probably people here with more experience in finance and accounting that would blow through some of the finance and accounting tests much quicker than I could ever dream of. However, for someone who's young or has never worked in business, even the basic terms can be confusing. I find business unnecessarily jargon-heavy and slightly boring. (ha ha yes you read that right - business terms and theory can be very boring! It's when you actually put them into action that they become interesting) I don't like the jargon at all, but I'm used to it and use it in my day-to-day work, so I didn't need to learn a lot of new terms.

I always say that YOUR easiest test will be what interests you the most or what you have the most experience in. It won't be the same for everyone. However, even for the tests that were very difficult or completely new to me, I still kept on the same pace and I think that's really the trick to finishing quickly. You just have to force yourself to pick a testing date and stick to it, whether that be one, two or three weeks away. I have always thought that if you need to take more than three-four weeks to study for a test, that you should just take the class instead.... but that's my opinion and I'm sure many people here would disagree.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
ryoder Wrote:You can waste precious time on this site.

:iagree:

I wasted quite a bit of time on this site when I was studying, but I did have a method to my madness. (and I'm sure that I've posted this before) I'm pretty sure I have adult ADHD because I can't do the same thing for more than 10-15 minutes at a time, including studying. I would study for 10-15 minutes and then allow myself a certain amount of break time, usually 5-10 minutes, depending on how much time I had. I would break on Facebook, checking emails, or this site. Then, no matter how much I didn't want to go back to studying, I made myself do it. I probably could have been more productive if I could have sat down and studied for hours without interruption, but my brain just doesn't work that way.

It's really important to maintain a balance. What I did would absolutely not work for many people here, but worked very well for me. I will probably have to change it up when I enter my masters program because writing papers requires uninterrupted time.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,492 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,703 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,796 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,056 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,116 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,112 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,703 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,299 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,061 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,517 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman