Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP Strategic Management - question about textbook
So I'm currently studying for the TECEP Strategic Management. I got the recommended textbook - the one without the case studies. I was comparing the chapters to the course outline from TESC, and I noticed the the outline only covers Part 1 of the book - the "core" text (chapters 1-12). Part 2 of the book is "Readings in Crafting and Executing Strategy", which is not outlined by TESC as being part of the TECEP.

Could anyone confirm that this TECEP is on the core 12 chapters of the reccomended textbook?
I haven't taken the exam yet, but if you read through the older threads others have confirmed that.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

ajs1976 Wrote:I haven't taken the exam yet, but if you read through the older threads others have confirmed that.

I looked at a few threads from the past that noted the case studies weren't necessary, but never saw anything about the Part 2 readings. Mind posting a link to a thread where people discuss this?
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...-help.html

Post No. 2
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

I took (and passed) it - Part 2 is case studies that are not on the TECEP. If you're a geek like me, enjoy them at a later time. Only Part 1 is on the TECEP.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
passit1 Wrote:I took (and passed) it - Part 2 is case studies that are not on the TECEP. If you're a geek like me, enjoy them at a later time. Only Part 1 is on the TECEP.

Awesome, thanks. And good job by the way. Would you think if I were to do one run through the book plus take the companion site chapter quizzes, then review using the online key point, core concepts, powerpoints, and the chapter quizzes a second time, I should be good to go???
mpie18 Wrote:Awesome, thanks. And good job by the way. Would you think if I were to do one run through the book plus take the companion site chapter quizzes, then review using the online key point, core concepts, powerpoints, and the chapter quizzes a second time, I should be good to go???

BUMP! Anyone know if the powerpoints and online summaries are good to go? Or if the powerpoints are a bit excessive (they're incredibly detailed, like the textbook) and the summaries are enough after reading the book once or twice?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,400 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,620 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,720 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,960 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,756 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,997 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,971 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,812 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic