Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP and transfer limit
Will be contacting TECU personally about some questions, but figured would see if y’all had any feedback too.

I’m racing to max out the transfer policy at TESU and transfer in 90 ACE approved credits (CLEP, DSST, SDC, and SL) and graduate by Dec 2019. But my question is about TECEPs relationship with the transfer limit? Do they fall under the 90 credit limit or could I take TECEPs for some of the 30 credits to complete at TESU?

Here’s to hoping the latter!

Thanks in advance, y’all!

Andrew

CLEP: Psychology, Sociology, Western Civ I, College Comp Modular, Social Science & History, Intro to Computers, American Lit, AIL
DSST: Environment and Humanity
SDC: Management, Interpersonal Communication, Macroeconomics, US History II, Civil War, Managerial Accounting, American Government, Organizational Behaviour
I am not sure exactly how TECEPs play into the transfer limit relationship, but I believe you are misunderstanding the limit a little bit. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong, but I think they allow up to 90 credits per credit source. Basically, you can bring up to 90 credits from SL then bring more from SDC. I believe that only classes that you can not transfer into TESU are the cornerstone and capstone classes so the max number of transfers for many degrees would be 114.
ztkerls is correct, it's 90cr per source. You can have 90 cr from one college, 90 credit from another, 90 from study.com, 90 from straighterline, etc and they would all transfer (well, they could... except there are no degree programs where you would actually need that much credit so most of it would go to waste Wink ).

Additionally, TECEPs are not considered transfer credit.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Yeah, I think you're confused about the 90cr limit, which doesn't exist for all of ACE - it's 90cr per source. So once you take 90cr from somewhere (like Study.com or Straighterline, as the 2 places people bring in the most number of credits from and have this problem), the remaining courses need to be from a different ACE-approved provider.

Also, there is an 80cr limit on total credits coming from CC's (so all CC credit put together, unlike ACE).

So feel free to take 114+ credits from ACE/NCCRS providers, as long as 90 only come from a specific provider.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Also, the 90 credits from a single-provider rule does not apply to CLEP or DSST. You can do as many of those as you wish.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Thanks for the help y’all!
(12-29-2018, 09:45 PM)jsd Wrote: ztkerls is correct, it's 90cr per source. You can have 90 cr from one college, 90 credit from another, 90 from study.com, 90 from straighterline, etc and they would all transfer (well, they could... except there are no degree programs where you would actually need that much credit so most of it would go to waste Wink ).

For TESU, do TECEPs meet residency requirements?  I know it's not mandatory for most degrees to take courses in residence at TESU.  I'm curious for my own personal knowledge.  

Thanks!
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
They only meet the residency requirement to avoid the residency waiver if you're in the military.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(01-09-2019, 10:30 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: They only meet the residency requirement to avoid the residency waiver if you're in the military.

Thank you mysonx3.  That's good know.
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
(01-09-2019, 10:10 AM)rvm Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 09:45 PM)jsd Wrote: ztkerls is correct, it's 90cr per source. You can have 90 cr from one college, 90 credit from another, 90 from study.com, 90 from straighterline, etc and they would all transfer (well, they could... except there are no degree programs where you would actually need that much credit so most of it would go to waste Wink ).

For TESU, do TECEPs meet residency requirements?  I know it's not mandatory for most degrees to take courses in residence at TESU.  I'm curious for my own personal knowledge.  

Thanks!

This is what the Residency Waiver is for.  You're paying $2200/2500 for not taking any courses at TESU (except the capstone and cornerstone).

BTW, in previous catalogs (2015 and prior I think), TECEP's did count for residency - so if you've looked at some older posts, this is what they're referring to.  It is no longer available.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,714 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 626 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 467 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 714 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 576 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP midnite123 7 717 08-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore