Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP - how is it posted on transcript? as a class or exam?
Hello.... I completed my BA with TESU and this fabulous board many years ago but never took any TECEP. College daughter now needs to rush and get Eng 101 and Eng 102 done this summer. A bit nervous waiting for a CLEP test center to open up so looking at options.  TECEP exams -- how are they posted on the transcripts?  Will it be posted as if the class was completed -- Eng 101 with a passing credit?  Or will it show as an exam? 

This is a much better option it seems than the whole ACE / Sophia route .......

Can anyone tell me what their transcript shows when TESU posts the grade. Thanks !!!!!
PS - I did write to TESU but this board is faster in responding!
It shows as a "CR" on the transcript (so ungraded), although it does not say that it was an exam. But if the school you're going to accepts CLEP exams, then I can't imagine they wouldn't take the TECEP exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I checked at different colleges near me and they accept TECEP. Really it shows up like college credit from another University (which pretty much all colleges accept). The problem is that is not with a letter grade so SOME colleges might not accept it because of that issue.

Use Transferology.com and see how the TECEP credits come in. Hopefully, the school you want to transfer to is in the database.
(04-27-2020, 12:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It shows as a "CR" on the transcript (so ungraded), although it does not say that it was an exam.  But if the school you're going to accepts CLEP exams, then I can't imagine they wouldn't take the TECEP exams.

Thanks for the info but will the course show up as ENG 101 (as an example) just as if the course were taken .. with CR as the grade. Given all that is going on in the "regular" colleges right now with loads just giving CR for classes, this is the time to slip that in unnoticed.  The university does take CLEP's and publishes the CLEP to Course equivalent .

The university it not too helpful ahead of time with confirming will xxxx transfer over as xxxx  so I cannot get much help from them...but I feel like I am getting close with the info on this board.
(04-27-2020, 12:54 PM)yokopilar Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 12:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It shows as a "CR" on the transcript (so ungraded), although it does not say that it was an exam.  But if the school you're going to accepts CLEP exams, then I can't imagine they wouldn't take the TECEP exams.

Thanks for the info but will the course show up as ENG 101 (as an example) just as if the course were taken .. with CR as the grade. Given all that is going on in the "regular" colleges right now with loads just giving CR for classes, this is the time to slip that in unnoticed.  The university does take CLEP's and publishes the CLEP to Course equivalent .

The university it not too helpful ahead of time with confirming will xxxx transfer over as xxxx  so I cannot get much help from them...but I feel like I am getting close with the info on this board.

There is no difference on the transcript.  I just looked at my TESU transcript to check.
(04-27-2020, 12:54 PM)yokopilar Wrote:

Yes, it shows the course with no differentiation between the TECEP or course in the numbering - so it says ENC-102  English Composition II   CR   3.00 (semester hours).  It just looks like you took the course for CR/NC option rather than a grade.  And the exam requires a 70% to pass.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 444 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 257 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Which class to take? ACI 6 220 03-27-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 456 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  CIS-1070 TECEP legenwait4itdary 6 311 02-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 614 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,023 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 720 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 472 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 833 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM