Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP rules to follow?
From what I've read on TECEP, there are a few things to watch out for. 

On TESU's policy page for TECEP, it is written:

TESU Wrote:- You must test by the last day of the 12-week term in which you register. There are no extensions for TECEP exams.
[...]

Retests
- If you do not pass a TECEP exam the first time, you can take it one more time in a different term.
- To test a second time you must register in a new term and pay the registration fee.

I'm not sure about the following:
  • If you have only a 12-week term left for your degree, if you fail it means you can't retest, correct?
  • Is there a limit for the number of TECEP you can take during the 12-week term, or during a month?
  • Are there any other important rules for TECEP that you need to watch out for?
No retest available, as in you test once; if you fail, you have to re-register for the test in another term.

No limit that I've heard of. Not that I would suggest that route, as I think practically everything else is a better alternative (SL, Study.com, CLEP, etc.). TECEP's aren't the easiest tests out there for sure.

Make sure that you have a ProctorU account, and that you register for your exam sooner rather than later. You don't want to wait until 2 days before the end of the term, and then find there are no times left for you to take the exam. Also, it's based on their time zone, so you have until midnight Eastern time on the last day - not midnight your own time zone. I found this out the hard way once (I live in CA).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • pws
(01-26-2019, 01:09 PM)pws Wrote: I'm not sure about the following:
  • If you have only a 12-week term left for your degree, if you fail it means you can't retest, correct?

Not exactly. Let's say you were trying to graduate in June, so signed up for your TECEP in the February term. Let's say you actually took the TECEP early in March and failed it. You could then immediately sign up for the TECEP again in the April or May term and take it again. If you succeeded, you might still be able to graduate in June.

Normally, Feb is the last term you can take a course in and still graduate in June, but in the case of a TECEP, once you pass it, you're done, so it's possible to take it in a term closer to graduation day and still have it count.

All that said, if you fail a TECEP, I'd be looking for some other alternative credit to take that spot rather than bang my head against the wall a second time.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • pws
(01-26-2019, 07:15 PM)davewill Wrote: All that said, if you fail a TECEP, I'd be looking for some other alternative credit to take that spot rather than bang my head against the wall a second time.

There are way too many other options out there to limit yourself to TECEP exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • pws

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Writing TECEP - My Experience PreLawCoastie 2 701 03-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Public Speaking TECEP PreLawCoastie 0 211 02-27-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TECEP FIN-3210 Security Analysis & Portfolio Management fmsoa 2 480 01-18-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: CFPhopeful
  TECEP Admissions/Rate my sanity PreLawCoastie 10 994 01-11-2024, 06:05 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 291 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Managerial Comm TECEP saraholson 7 1,680 12-15-2023, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  TECEP Federal Income Taxation Kones 9 905 12-13-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Help - how to register for TECEP exam? Carnation 4 365 11-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Carnation
  Learning in the Digital Age TECEP Avidreader 0 239 11-22-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Marketing Communications Avidreader 2 394 11-14-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Avidreader