Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX classes
Sorry, I'm used to the BSBA CIS, I got that mixed up with the CS. Others here are much more knowledgeable about it, I was just throwing out all of the courses I have info on and then letting them take over on the advice of which ones will work for your degree.

You might want to look at the BA in CS to get more detailed info on which courses work there. That will have more guidance than the AA will give you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
All -

This is really helpful. Now I understand why the TEEX courses don't fit into CS AOS (except maybe the one Cyber Security for IT professionals - which is a CIS course).

Thanks!
Also interested in this degree.....one could take multiple, different, ace-approved programming courses, right? They don't have to be UL, just count towards computer science.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:Also interested in this degree.....one could take multiple, different, ace-approved programming courses, right? They don't have to be UL, just count towards computer science.

Yes and no. It really depends on what they come in as, since you're limited to 6cr of 100-level courses, and another 9cr of 200-level courses. And Intro to Computer Science (a requirement) is going to take up 3cr of that 100-level space. So if you're programming courses come in as 100-level and you take more than 3cr of it, then they won't count in the AOS. If they're 200-level, then you may be able to get them in.

BUT, I would also check - lord knows they don't put everything in there that you need to know, so there might be a limit on how many programming credits you can use.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm sorry, I'm still confused about these.

For a BSBA GM, where does Cybersecurity for Professionals fit, exactly? I know the other two are free electives.
inkleind Wrote:I'm sorry, I'm still confused about these.

For a BSBA GM, where does Cybersecurity for Professionals fit, exactly? I know the other two are free electives.

One of the reasons it's confusing is because TESU changes their equivalencies. So, what's true today may not be true tomorrow. Currently here's where they stand (and it could change 5 minutes after I post this):
Cybersecurity for Everyone - CAP-295 (Free Elective)
Cybersecurity for IT Professionals - CAP-385 (Free Elective AND CIS AOS)
Cybersecurity for Business Professionals - CIS-344/244 (Gen Ed AND CIS AOS)

If I was going to use these courses towards a degree at TESU, I would seriously just get them pre-planned into my degree. That way, there are no surprises later. For instance, the Business Professionals course has changed from CIS-344 to CIS-244, and then back again, in probably the last year. The Everyone course is a CAP prefix and WON'T work in the AOS, but the IT Prof course is a CAP prefix and WILL work there. So how in the world do they determine these??
What College is TCC?
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
mudball Wrote:What College is TCC?

TCC/Tor College Credit is not a college, it's a course provider (with NCCRS approval instead of ACE). They no longer exist as "TCC," they renamed themselves Davar Academy. Some of the courses they use to offer as TCC don't exist under their new structure, but they do have some good options.

Davar Academy - Home
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TEEX Courses at TESU BSLIONS 25 6,791 06-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  University of Potomac? anyone take classes there frank.f.franky 3 1,687 05-24-2018, 01:06 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Where do they Fall? Classes BSBRose21 1 1,107 05-21-2018, 08:52 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  COSC gen ed classes, from SL or credit by testing pluggingalong 10 2,615 05-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: randomatom
  Using TEEX Cybersecurity for Everyone as COSC Ethics credit? High_Order1 2 1,680 05-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Last Post: GoldieLux
  Anyone take classes at DMACC upper-level, for under $200 online frank.f.franky 5 1,986 03-21-2018, 11:23 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Where are all the UL 'Natural Science' classes? scout2family 11 2,944 01-31-2018, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TEEX courses equivalent to in TESU oldtown77 7 3,469 12-20-2017, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Zavala
  What three GE classes do I need for CIS mofutofu 9 2,278 11-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU - sequence of Math classes? triforce828 1 1,052 10-30-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: dfrecore