Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone take study.com science 101
I needed a science to finish my gen. ed for TESU so I signed up for Science 101: Into to Natural Science on study.com. I'm three chapters in and the subject matter is as dry as dry can be. I've never been a "science guy". If you passed this class do you have any tips for pointers? I feel like the class is so boring I'm going to have a hard time retaining the information. Plus, there's so much of it (144 quizzes). Any info helps. 

Thanks,
Zebra Cow
Hmm, basically, I would skip this course in favor of the Biology 101L which is 4 credits and will satisfy a Science + Lab requirement for $40 extra virtual lab (everything is online!)

For the Big 3 and WGU, I recommend this course - Essentially, it's the only science course you need if you're taking a TESU degree or if you need a science + lab...

Generally this is the only lab course for cheap/easy/fast (well, not that fast, but still...) I recommend as everything is done entirely online without a need of physical kits...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Since you don't need a lab at TESU, I recommend ESCI 104: Intro to Meteorology (92 lessons) or something like NUTR 101: Science of Nutrition (120 lessons) but is more practical, and also has a placement test (meaning you may be able to test through a large chunk before you begin the course).

You can also opt for CompSci, so think about BUS 109: Intro to Computing (75 lessons + placement test).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The thing is now I have two people who have given me great advice thus far reccomend me two different courses of action. 

I know the decision is mine to make it comes down to one class plus a lab or two classes. I have been dreading the idea of taking a "hard science".

Can either of you speak on the difficulty on meteorology or nutrition?
(12-23-2019, 06:01 AM)zebra cow Wrote: The thing is now I have two people who have given me great advice thus far reccomend me two different courses of action. 

I know the decision is mine to make it comes down to one class plus a lab or two classes. I have been dreading the idea of taking a "hard science".

Can either of you speak on the difficulty on meteorology or nutrition?

So bjcheung77 said to take a science w/lab, you can get 4cr for that and not have to take 2 courses.  He's also saying that if you were to end up at COSC, you'd need a lab science; same with WGU.  So that course covers all your bases.

I personally wouldn't want to take Bio, so I recommended shorter courses.  It's totally up to you what you want to do.  Difficulty is impossible to predict for others, because you might be good at one thing and not at another (or find different things interesting, etc.).  My advice is to pick what you are most interested in and do that.

The main thing to remember is - choose your school/degree first, and then you can make better choices later for courses.  If you're trying to keep all of your options open, then you do things one way; once you narrow down your school, it may be different.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,369 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,752 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 608 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 540 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM