Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Graduation Day! Any Graduates on Here?
I just wanted to give a quick thanks to this forum. I found this forum about a year ago and decided to apply to COSC in March. Today my AA Degree has been conferred!

*Sob Story* - I pretty much failed out of art school 10 years ago. Although I strived to do well in college, I suffer from severe depression and anxiety and couldn't always make myself go to class. After years of wasting my life working pointless jobs, I decided to go back to school. I was nervous to start the COSC Cornerstone because I usually don't meet deadlines very well, but I did pretty well and passed with a B. I've attached a redacted copy of my unofficial transcript for anyone who's curious about what COSC's looks like. 

Congrats to all COSC graduates!

Attached Files
.pdf   350rab523dlgm0hjso20gdyf11_08_08_AM_UnofficialTranscript.pdf (Size: 81.77 KB / Downloads: 50)
In-progress/Upcoming:
South College - EDD - Higher Education
Southern Utah University - MM - Music Technology

Certs: ComptiaA+, SAS Data Scientist

Completed:
WGU - MS - Curriculum and Instruction, 2024
Thomas Edison State University - BA - Liberal Studies, 2023
Charter Oak State College - AA - General Studies, 2021

Certs: Google IT Support
[-] The following 1 user Likes WALLACEMC11's post:
  • Novo
Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment for you. Are you going to continue on to a Bachelor's degree now that you know you can do this? Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Novo
(08-31-2021, 11:14 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment for you. Are you going to continue on to a Bachelor's degree now that you know you can do this? Smile

Thanks! I'm definitely looking into getting a bachelor's now. I JUST realized I want to major in Computer Science. Not sure what schools I should be considering..
In-progress/Upcoming:

Completed:

[-] The following 1 user Likes WALLACEMC11's post:
  • Novo
For comp sci, there is WGU, Purdue Global (IT), and TESU. Based on what you've said, I'm not sure you'd do well in the competency-based programs of WGU or Purdue Global. But that's for you to decide. It looks like you've definitely got enough RA credit for a TESU degree.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(08-31-2021, 11:25 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For comp sci, there is WGU, Purdue Global (IT), and TESU. Based on what you've said, I'm not sure you'd  do well in the competency-based programs of WGU or Purdue Global. But that's for you to decide. It looks like you've definitely got enough RA credit for a TESU degree.

Thanks for the info! I was actually considering TESU. I applied and got an unofficial evaluation. I'm just not sure which classes I should/need to take.
In-progress/Upcoming:

Completed:

The wiki can help you there. You should have all the gen ed requirements met, but here are some suggestions if they aren't: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

For computer science requirements specifically, check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • WALLACEMC11
Another option is, just like Steve and his sons, continue on with COSC with an ISS concentration for the Bachelors. Ladder that up to a Masters and you're done, I would finish at least a Bachelors and then decide what your Masters would be in, you can continue with UMASS Global/WGU/Purdue UG, etc...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • WALLACEMC11

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any cosc graduates adegree4me 10 2,884 07-20-2021, 04:06 AM
Last Post: cannacollege
  Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC ReyMysterioso 12 2,817 01-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Johmford