Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC No Longer accepting CSU-Global for Strategic Management Capstone
This may be old news to some and unfortunate news for others. I wanted to alert anyone who might not be aware of this change so that they will not accidentally register for the CSU-Global CBE with the hopes of using it as the Strategic management capstone at TESU. This does not apply to previous catalogs. Here's an excerpt from my conversation with academic advising.

"Thank you for the attachments. MGT350, Business Policy and Strategy, would technically transfer over as BUS-421, Strategic Management. However, per rules set forth by the Provost's Office, students must complete BUS-421 via TESU course formats. You should not attempt to transfer this option."

Hope this helps.
Yeah, this past summer TESU stopped accepting any transfer in for Strategic Management towards the capstone requirement. No Penn Foster either. It has to be the TECEP, and it looks like they're taking that option away soon too, so I'd register quickly if possible. It's likely to be a required, more traditional online course in the near future.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Yep. It looks like everyone is gonna have a capstone of some kind moving forward. Sad
ah, man, it's curtains for the Strat Man Capstone TECEP....Sad
TESU Commencement - Saturday, September 23, 2017!

Goal: TESU, BSBA General Management by September 2017
68/120 credits completed
In Progress This Month
Prin of Mgmt, Org Behavior, Bus Law, Prin of Fin (DSST)

November 2016
TESU Info Session (waived app fee + free breakfast)
Previous B&M - 45 cr. transferred
March 2017
Aleks - Intermediate Alg, College Alg, Intro to Stats
Institutes - Ethics
Guardian Scholarship Awarded 3/23/17
April 2017
Study.com - Personal Finance, Digital Marketing & Advertising
May 2017
World Religions, Pr. of Marketing
There is nothing that says that the Strategic Management capstone is going away, so I wouldn't panic and spread the rumor. I would sign up now though if you wanted to take it via TECEP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:There is nothing that says that the Strategic Management capstone is going away, so I wouldn't panic and spread the rumor. I would sign up now though if you wanted to take it via TECEP.

There was someone who spoke to a TESU staff member who said that it was in fact going away (maybe two weeks ago?), but of course, we all how reliable TESU people have been in the past. So yes, it is all speculative rumor at this point.

Edit: found the post I was referring to, over a month old. Wow, can't keep track of time anymore. Anyway, like dfrecore stated, this isn't confirmation just yet. The left hand often doesn't know what the right hand is doing at TESU:

Rachel.Excels Wrote:Ok so I just got off the phone with someone who deals with PLA's. He told me about testing out options. I mentioned that I am fully aware of the CLEP's and TECEP's.... and that I had just enrolled and will be taking the Strategic Management TECEP. He said that it's a good thing that I registered because they will be phasing it out[B][/B]. We got back on the subject of why I initially called. I totally forgot to inquire more about the Strategic Management change. So I emailed him...

Me: Since the Strategic Management TECEP is being phased out, will the actual course be the only business capstone option offered by TESU going forward?

Him: The name of BUS-421 will change to Business Capstone. If you pass the exam you won’t need the course – you’ll have that credit already!

That's the only info I was about to get from him. There were still 32 slots open out of 50 when I registered for the exam yesterday.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Having spoken with three academic advisors who have all stated that the Strategic Management TECEP will soon be phased out, a coordinated planned elimination of this TECEP certainly FEELS like more than mere speculation at this point. That said, Jsd and dfrecore are still technically correct that this cannot be considered definite until an official announcement appears on the TESU website or perhaps when students are no longer allowed to register for the Strategic Management TECEP.

For the time being it's definitely advisable to make it a priority to take this exam before the opportunity to do so vanishes. According to the most recent information, it appears that students are still able to register for this exam now. http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...-7.html#64
cypster Wrote:Having spoken with three academic advisors who have all stated that the Strategic Management TECEP will soon be phased out, a coordinated planned elimination of this TECEP certainly FEELS like more than mere speculation at this point. That said, Jsd and dfrecore are still technically correct that this cannot be considered definite until an official announcement appears on the TESU website or perhaps when students are no longer allowed to register for the Strategic Management TECEP.

For the time being it's definitely advisable to make it a priority to take this exam before the opportunity to do so vanishes. According to the most recent information, it appears that students are still able to register for this exam now. http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...-7.html#64

That's good to know. On the website, it does show that you can take it through the June term: Thomas Edison State University | Courses & Schedules

I'm glad to know that you're not hearing it from just one person, although I'm not glad to hear that it's going away. That's a bummer. It will certainly make the degree more expensive. And add 3 months to it.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I stated this in the other post about this, but I believe COSC will now be the cheapest BSBA if/when this change goes into effect

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

jsd Wrote:I stated this in the other post about this, but I believe COSC will now be the cheapest BSBA if/when this change goes into effect

But COSC still has two major downsides: 1) a 3-month cornerstone course where TESU's is self-paced and able to be waived under a couple of different circumstances; and 2) requiring 30cr of UL throughout the degree, where TESU still only requires 12cr in the AOS (not to mention that TESU brings in many more courses as UL than COSC does, so it's even easier to meet that requirement).

But I'd imagine COSC will beat TESU on price alone. Bummer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,301 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,736 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,502 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  TESU LIB-495 Capstone Ideas JanuarySunshine 1 1,669 07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: davewill
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,633 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,976 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,798 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Capstone TESU d.cononge 16 4,806 06-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JayUsher
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,543 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr