Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESC Overhauling Gen Ed Reqs. Not enrolled, watch out!
Thanks! I guess I will just wait and see. I'm just happy I finally got off my butt and got the application done!
embitca Wrote:I just sent my application today so I could get accepted before the deadline, but I'm already second guessing it and wondering if the new requirements would suit me better. Would those accepted before July 1st, but not enrolled yet have the option of which set of requirements they fulfill? That's the way it used to work at my old university. You would be grandfathered for old requirements, but allowed to swap over to the new set.

TESC has already said that anyone under the current requirements will be able to switch to the new requirements if they wish.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
I have already been accepted to TESC but I have not enrolled yet. If I want to be under the old requirements do I just need to have been accepted or I do I need to officially enroll and pay my tuition?
Thanks!
Danny Mac Wrote:I have already been accepted to TESC but I have not enrolled yet. If I want to be under the old requirements do I just need to have been accepted or I do I need to officially enroll and pay my tuition?
Thanks!

It sounded like several others were told they could wait. With TESC my best advice for anyone is to get their own response in writing. I'd contact them to double check and that way you'll have proof of their answer to you. The other response I'd give is the sooner you enroll the sooner you can finish if you channel the deadline into motivation :coolgleam:.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
I just noticed that you have "6 credits from ALEKS" in your signature twice. There is a 1,000 character limit. Just in case you need some more room in the future, you now know where to subtract. Big Grin
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I just noticed that you have "6 credits from ALEKS" in your signature twice. There is a 1,000 character limit. Just in case you need some more room in the future, you now know where to subtract. Big Grin

Well math is difficult for me, I guess I'm just really thrilled about those credits! I'll fix it.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
cooperalex2004 Wrote:It sounded like several others were told they could wait. With TESC my best advice for anyone is to get their own response in writing. I'd contact them to double check and that way you'll have proof of their answer to you. The other response I'd give is the sooner you enroll the sooner you can finish if you channel the deadline into motivation :coolgleam:.

After you have been officially accepted you have 6 months to enroll before you are put into the new catalog. I'd give sometime for enrollment fee processing just so you don't run into any problems with the deadline.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question TESU - current status "Applicant" - how to change to "Enrolled?" Kelly Green 3 2,020 09-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,581 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,901 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Excelsior Math Reqs Iamtehking 1 1,163 05-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Kima
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,417 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,157 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,954 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,291 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,743 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  So i enrolled into the lib 495 capstone Chef945 6 1,817 10-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Chef945