Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC course assignments
Hi all,

I have several out-of-town commitments the next few months and am trying to decide when to begin my TESC courses. Unfortunately, I don't know much beyond some basic vaguaries as to how the assignment deadlines work. Can anyone give me any clue? Would I be able to go out of town for a week?

I have been told by an advisor that the courses are broken into two-week modules, but I wondered if any of you had some personal experience as to what that means in terms of practical deadlines. Do they want something from you every two days or do they just give you a list of assignments that you have to complete sometime within the 2 weeks?
The mentors are usually pretty open to the fact that we have other commitments that sometimes have to come first. The online classes I have taken so far are broken down into either one week or two week modules. I am currently enrolled in an online class where the first two modules were one week, the next three are two week modules and then the last three are back to the one week schedule.

Most mentors will look for online discussion at least twice per week, but if you advise them ahead of time that you will be unavailable, they will most likely let you post in the discussion threads once you return and count it towards your discussion grade. Once you enroll at TESC, you can preview the online class and its calendar before actually registering for the class. That will better help you gauge what class might actually work best for your current life schedule.

Good luck deciding!

Wendy
WendyR Wrote:The mentors are usually pretty open to the fact that we have other commitments that sometimes have to come first. The online classes I have taken so far are broken down into either one week or two week modules. I am currently enrolled in an online class where the first two modules were one week, the next three are two week modules and then the last three are back to the one week schedule.

Most mentors will look for online discussion at least twice per week, but if you advise them ahead of time that you will be unavailable, they will most likely let you post in the discussion threads once you return and count it towards your discussion grade. Once you enroll at TESC, you can preview the online class and its calendar before actually registering for the class. That will better help you gauge what class might actually work best for your current life schedule.

Good luck deciding!

Wendy

Thanks for the feedback....I have enrolled but I'm not sure where to access the course calendar. Where do I find that?
Do you have access to Blackboard?
WendyR Wrote:Do you have access to Blackboard?

I don't know--what's that?
Go in to MyEdison and log on. Then you can use the section for your class and BlackBoard.
I'm done!
B.A. English, TESC, completed December 2008

Tests passed: A/I Lit-73, Mgmt-71, Amer Lit-73, Tech Writing-64, Criminal Justice-56, Here's to Your Health-65, Law Enforcement-60

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,583 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,419 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,157 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,955 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,293 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,743 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,699 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,146 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,774 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,944 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77