Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC distance learning options
Has anyone out there completed TESC's BS in Applied Science and Technology? I have an airframe and powerplant license and they will give my 67 credits plus the others I already have I should be down to 10 classes give or take. I was just reading the online degrees available and it was not listed. I figured you could take anything as a distance learner since they do not really require you to attend actual classes. Thanks for any info you may have.
You could take anything listed but you would have to meet the prereqs. I would take the Guided Study classes instead of the online ones. Something about posting feedback to everyone's answers and doing "group" projects really turn me off to that idea. Aren't there any CLEPs/DSSTs/TECEPs you can take to minimize the amount of classes you have to take?
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
Out of the 10 I figure I need, I can lep about half. I need 2 physics classes and one other science plus another math ontop of intermediate algebra I have already taken. I dont think I can take college math once I have taken a class and I know I could never clep calc. I will look into the guided study thing some more. Can you finish those faster? I am trying to get them to let me take classes at the military per hour rate. I am waiting to hear back.
I looked up the guided study, I can probably do it that way. My biggest problem is I took Int Algebra 22 years ago, I dont think I would have a lcue in College Algebra. Anyone know of a good refresher book or site for college algebra?
dc67 Wrote:I looked up the guided study, I can probably do it that way. My biggest problem is I took Int Algebra 22 years ago, I dont think I would have a lcue in College Algebra. Anyone know of a good refresher book or site for college algebra?

Here's the best one I've found so far:

Practical Algebra Lessons
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
You could also do TECEP's if you want to go through that route. Trying looking at LSU's independent learning courses. They allow you to finish within 9 months or sooner i.e. you can submit 4 assignments in a week to finish faster. Guided Study is cool but it's still self-taught, or the majority is tough.
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50

Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
Are the LSU classes self taught? Can you start any time or just with regular semesters? That might be a good way to go get some classes out of the way fater and cheaper. With TESC, if you transfer in all the credits you need or are only a handful of classes short, do you have to pay that $2300 tuition just to get the degree? That tuition system is still perplexing me and I can't get anyone there to return my emails.

Thanks for the idea, I will look into it.
You can start whenever you wish and have alot of course options. Pretty starightforeword classes. I'm currently taking the English since I failed the CLEP and when the time comes, I plan to retake the CLEP and pass, and of course pass this course. I'm pretty sure you would have to pay the same amount of tuition regardless of the amount of credits you would like to be evaluated. I agree that the tuition system is perplexing and maybe give them a call. Call at least 5 times you get the answer you want.
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50

Calculus II - B[/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,883 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 1,974 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,790 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,583 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Options for TESU BSBA Gen.Mgt Finance & Business/Society Excellente 5 1,869 06-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  URGENT HELP NEEDED! Survey on Online Digital Learning due by 23 June for Capstone! Nightmoves5 6 1,779 06-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Last Post: fork
  Individual learning account? Mab81 2 1,039 06-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Print Options TRUTEX79 2 1,173 04-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Johmford