Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC transcripts
creditmonsoon Wrote:How do I enroll? I dont see any options

Enrolling is not the same thing as graduation. There are two steps:

1) There are two ways to get enrolled status. One way is to purchase the Comprehensive Tuition Plan. You will be enrolled immediately, but it's very expensive except that there is no residency fee to graduate. The other way is to register for a TECEP or actual TESU course to get on the per-credit plan. I believe you need to actually pass the TECEP/course or you will lose your enrolled status. You can also enroll in the cornerstone course, which looks like a guaranteed pass if you do the work. The per-credit plan requires a $2000 residency fee payment to graduate if you don't have 16 credits in actual TESU credits. Unlike the comprehensive plan, you won't be enrolled until (10?) days past the beginning of the TECEP/course semester. Once your status changes to enrolled, you can apply for graduation, but don't forget to pass that TECEP. Most people enroll in a TECEP on per-credit because it's the cheapest way even with the $2000 residency fee.

2) After you are enrolled, you can submit the graduation application and the required $323 grad fee. The application is in the student portal. Remember, you need to be enrolled (step 1) before you can apply for graduation. If you are on per-credit without the 16 TESU credits, be prepared to pay the $2000 residency waiver fee.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:Enrolling is not the same thing as graduation. There are two steps:

1) There are two ways to get enrolled status. One way is to purchase the Comprehensive Tuition Plan. You will be enrolled immediately, but it's very expensive except that there is no residency fee to graduate. The other way is to register for a TECEP or actual TESU course to get on the per-credit plan. I believe you need to actually pass the TECEP/course or you will lose your enrolled status. You can also enroll in the cornerstone course, which looks like a guaranteed pass if you do the work. The per-credit plan requires a $2000 residency fee payment to graduate if you don't have 16 credits in actual TESU credits. Unlike the comprehensive plan, you won't be enrolled until (10?) days past the beginning of the TECEP/course semester. Once your status changes to enrolled, you can apply for graduation, but don't forget to pass that TECEP. Most people enroll in a TECEP on per-credit because it's the cheapest way even with the $2000 residency fee.

2) After you are enrolled, you can submit the graduation application and the required $323 grad fee. The application is in the student portal. Remember, you need to be enrolled (step 1) before you can apply for graduation. If you are on per-credit without the 16 TESU credits, be prepared to pay the $2000 residency waiver fee.

Can I use financial aid to pay my comprehensive tuition plan? Great info!
creditmonsoon Wrote:Can I use financial aid to pay my comprehensive tuition plan? Great info!

Yes, financial aid can be used toward the comprehensive tuition plan. If you are eligible for the full award, that in conjunction with the NJ Tag grant is enough to cover the entire cost for NJ residents over the course of a year.
msd2012 Wrote:Yes, financial aid can be used toward the comprehensive tuition plan. If you are eligible for the full award, that in conjunction with the NJ Tag grant is enough to cover the entire cost for NJ residents over the course of a year.

Really? I read something like not being able to use some parts of financial aid if you're not going to be taking classes. I have all of my required credits, I only need to enroll, have them reviewed, and graduate...but I don't have the spare funds to pay the fees Sad
creditmonsoon Wrote:Really? I read something like not being able to use some parts of financial aid if you're not going to be taking classes. I have all of my required credits, I only need to enroll, have them reviewed, and graduate...but I don't have the spare funds to pay the fees Sad

I believe someone on here was in the same situation and they used a outside school loan to pay for graduation. Hopefully they will chime in and give you more details. But personal loans and those types of things are available to you if you qualify.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
creditmonsoon Wrote:Really? I read something like not being able to use some parts of financial aid if you're not going to be taking classes. I have all of my required credits, I only need to enroll, have them reviewed, and graduate...but I don't have the spare funds to pay the fees Sad

Ignore me in that case! It had a TL;DR moment and I thought you still needed classes :o

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,675 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  How to get TESU to answer my questions and look at my transcripts? (Discouraged) camjenks 5 1,632 04-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  TESU doesn't accept ACE transcripts of Study.com courses? jsh1138 35 8,124 03-29-2018, 08:06 AM
Last Post: tekplay99
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,460 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,207 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  COSC & Straighterline Transcripts MichiganMax 4 1,559 01-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,997 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,380 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,784 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,757 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone