Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU “instant graduate” & 2019 UL CIS electives?
While doing some further research on TESUs website, came across a policy that allows for petition to you department’s dean if you transfer in enough credits (exact policy below). Has anyone had experience with this?

“Students who transfer in sufficient credits to fulfill all degree requirements (i.e. “instant grads.”), may appeal the capstone requirement to the Dean of their school.” (https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...fer-policy)

Also, trying to find UL CIS electives that don’t require writing/additional assignments. There was an old thread from 2018 when MIS DSST was still classified as UL. Will DSST Cybersecurity and TECEP Network Technology satisfy? (Currently have slated to do: MIS @ Davar; DBM @ SDC; C++ @ SDC). 

Thanks y’all! 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ahowa's post:
  • DeanLewis
i've never seen anyone attempt the capstone appeal, but that language has been in there for a while now.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I suppose it wouldn't hurt someone to try it.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
it would certainly interest me to see. i wouldn't hold my breath, but the worst they could say is no.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(02-28-2019, 11:23 PM)jsd Wrote: it would certainly interest me to see. i wouldn't hold my breath, but the worst they could say is no.

Right? Going to definitely try it and will be sure to post results  regardless as they may offer helpful info why they decided on their decision.

(02-28-2019, 11:23 PM)jsd Wrote: it would certainly interest me to see. i wouldn't hold my breath, but the worst they could say is no.

Right? Going to definitely try it and will be sure to post results  regardless as they may offer helpful info why they decided on their decision.
[-] The following 2 users Like ahowa's post:
  • alab21, SweetSecret
(02-28-2019, 11:36 PM)ahowa Wrote:

I would think the only scenario in which the capstone would be waived by the dean is if you've completed a capstone at another school but didn't apply it to a degree and already took significant course work at TESU. And you happen to be an expert or have extensive work experience in the subject. But it would be helpful to know under what circumstances they were considering when they wrote that.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • Muldoon
I'd love to see this challenged. TESU is certainly transparent enough in their credit requirements that most people could plan their degree this way.
(02-28-2019, 10:06 PM)ahowa Wrote: While doing some further research on TESUs website, came across a policy that allows for petition to you department’s dean if you transfer in enough credits (exact policy below). Has anyone had experience with this?

“Students who transfer in sufficient credits to fulfill all degree requirements (i.e. “instant grads.”), may appeal the capstone requirement to the Dean of their school.” (https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...fer-policy)

Also, trying to find UL CIS electives that don’t require writing/additional assignments. There was an old thread from 2018 when MIS DSST was still classified as UL. Will DSST Cybersecurity and TECEP Network Technology satisfy? (Currently have slated to do: MIS @ Davar; DBM @ SDC; C++ @ SDC). 

Thanks y’all! 

Just jumping in to say I'm following with interest. And as an aside, if anyone knows how to subscribe to a thread without the need to comment, do let me know LOL
99.9% sure they are not going to waive the capstone requirement for anyone. As mentioned, this policy has been around for a few years now and from my understanding, it was geared towards people who had already completed a capstone elsewhere before TESU made the capstone requirement mandatory.

They aren't even allowing people to take the 1 cr cornerstone anymore, replacing it with the 3 credit version, which is also not possible to waive since it cannot be obtained elsewhere.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
I am going to contact the school on this to see if I can get more details. I know a few people who could really use this as they'll probably only be able to do cheap exams.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • DeanLewis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch