Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU “instant graduate” & 2019 UL CIS electives?
I actually have a friend who has done her capstone at a 4yr state school, and dropped out with 3 classes to go. I advised her to switch to TESU, she still hasn't done it, but if this was an option, it would be awesome.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
About a week ago I requested waiving of the capstone. I received a BA in Psychology in 2004 from TESU and an MBA from Georgia Tech in 2007. This is for a second bachelor's degree in CS. I addressed the learning outcomes line by line for the Capstone and how my education and work experience covered all of them and also showed that I would be an "instant grad".

Denied with no explanation.

I provided more information and asked for them to reconsider.

Denied again, still with no explanation.

So don't waste your time.
(03-01-2019, 01:11 AM)cookderosa Wrote: I'd love to see this challenged.  TESU is certainly transparent enough in their credit requirements that most people could plan their degree this way.

(03-01-2019, 11:57 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: 99.9% sure they are not going to waive the capstone requirement for anyone.  As mentioned, this policy has been around for a few years now and from my understanding, it was geared towards people who had already completed a capstone elsewhere before TESU made the capstone requirement mandatory.

They aren't even allowing people to take the 1 cr cornerstone anymore, replacing it with the 3 credit version, which is also not possible to waive since it cannot be obtained elsewhere.

Even as a SDC affiliate? They waive 1 CH cornerstone, but not the 3 CH?
(03-03-2019, 12:43 AM)ahowa Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 01:11 AM)cookderosa Wrote: I'd love to see this challenged.  TESU is certainly transparent enough in their credit requirements that most people could plan their degree this way.

(03-01-2019, 11:57 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: 99.9% sure they are not going to waive the capstone requirement for anyone.  As mentioned, this policy has been around for a few years now and from my understanding, it was geared towards people who had already completed a capstone elsewhere before TESU made the capstone requirement mandatory.

They aren't even allowing people to take the 1 cr cornerstone anymore, replacing it with the 3 credit version, which is also not possible to waive since it cannot be obtained elsewhere.

Even as a SDC affiliate? They waive 1 CH cornerstone, but not the 3 CH?

Taking classes at SDC doesn't waive anything anymore. The 1 cr cornerstone was replaced with a 3 cr 12 month course.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(03-01-2019, 07:55 PM)jonesy20 Wrote: About a week ago I requested waiving of the capstone. I received a BA in Psychology in 2004 from TESU and an MBA from Georgia Tech in 2007. This is for a second bachelor's degree in CS. I addressed the learning outcomes line by line for the Capstone and how my education and work experience covered all of them and also showed that I would be an "instant grad".

I had brought up someone who had already taken the capstone at another school for the degree she wanted (so not a different capstone for a prior degree earned, but a CJ capstone for someone wanting a CJ degree).  Different situation than yours, and still worth pursuing.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-03-2019, 01:34 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 07:55 PM)jonesy20 Wrote: About a week ago I requested waiving of the capstone. I received a BA in Psychology in 2004 from TESU and an MBA from Georgia Tech in 2007. This is for a second bachelor's degree in CS. I addressed the learning outcomes line by line for the Capstone and how my education and work experience covered all of them and also showed that I would be an "instant grad".

I had brought up someone who had already taken the capstone at another school for the degree she wanted (so not a different capstone for a prior degree earned, but a CJ capstone for someone wanting a CJ degree).  Different situation than yours, and still worth pursuing.
Wouldn't the BA Psychology and the BA Computer Science degrees have the same capstone course (LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone), or was the capstone requirement different in 2004?

• LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone
(03-03-2019, 09:46 AM)shadowgem Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 01:34 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Wouldn't the BA Psychology and the BA Computer Science degrees have the same capstone course (LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone), or was the capstone requirement different in 2004?
  • LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone

TESU didn't require a capstone back is 2004 it was simpler times...
You could actually transfer in all 120 credits for a degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • cookderosa

That's disappointing. Is there an appeals process?
(03-04-2019, 06:26 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

That's disappointing.  Is there an appeals process?

My initial request and second request to reconsider was with the Tara Kent, the Associate Dean of Heavin School or Arts and Sciences. 

As pointed out that line on the website may be for students who took a capstone elsewhere.
The response I received:

In regards to your capstone course appeal, the Business Administration Capstone course is required and cannot be waived. This course is an overview of the key elements necessary to execute a strategic business plan, incorporating all of the business subject areas learned in the business degree program, not just the area of study. Once you complete all of the business core courses and the area of study, you will be prepared to take this course.

We wish you well as you move forward to degree completion.

Regards,

Alicia Malone
Assistant Dean
School of Business and Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 682 Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 176 Yesterday, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,587 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 623 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 556 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 281 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,331 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 414 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 314 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az