Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU AOS UL CLASSES NEEDED
(03-13-2020, 01:54 AM)terryd5150 Wrote: CSU Global has five Criminal Justice SSAs (Self-Study Assessments) that are all listed as UL.

They're $250 for each 3-credit course + a registration fee for each course (I think it's $25, but I'm not positive on that one).

TESU accepts CSU Global SSAs for other degree plans, it might be worth checking if they'll accept these towards the CJ degree.

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alte...ssessments

CSU-Global changed their policy on taking SSA's, you now have to be an enrolled student with at least 1 regular course taken in order to take any SSA's.  so unless you're willing to pay $1050 for a course in order to take SSA's, you're out of luck there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I think your best bet might to just take the remaining courses from TESU that you can't find from study.com. If you get up to 16 credits you don't have to pay the waiver fee.
TroopsterX, just wondering. Have you thought about Masters degrees? Another option is to do a BALS with a Social Science concentration and get a MSCJ from Walden instead or if you want to finish your BSCJ, they offer that too, and if you really want it from TESU, you can take a term from Walden to get all your UL done (I don't know if you can take them out of order or not).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-13-2020, 11:42 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 01:54 AM)terryd5150 Wrote: CSU Global has five Criminal Justice SSAs (Self-Study Assessments) that are all listed as UL.

They're $250 for each 3-credit course + a registration fee for each course (I think it's $25, but I'm not positive on that one).

TESU accepts CSU Global SSAs for other degree plans, it might be worth checking if they'll accept these towards the CJ degree.

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alte...ssessments

CSU-Global changed their policy on taking SSA's, you now have to be an enrolled student with at least 1 regular course taken in order to take any SSA's.  so unless you're willing to pay $1050 for a course in order to take SSA's, you're out of luck there.
I can't find anything on this when I go through CSU's site. Maybe I missed something...do you have a link?

EDIT: so i called enrollment, and apparently you're correct - there IS a residency requirement now to qualify for SSA enrollment.

Bummer.
(03-13-2020, 02:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TroopsterX, just wondering.  Have you thought about Masters degrees?  Another option is to do a BALS with a Social Science concentration and get a MSCJ from Walden instead or if you want to finish your BSCJ, they offer that too, and if you really want it from TESU, you can take a term from Walden to get all your UL done (I don't know if you can take them out of order or not).

These UL classes are real headache to find! I really want to finish TESU and then think about Masters degree. How does Walden term work?  I just went on their website and came across this - Tempo Competency-Based Learning program. Not really sure how long it takes to finish classes and how much would it be to take let's say 3 classes from them? 

Once again - thanks a lot for your effort!

(03-11-2020, 01:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 11:38 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Probably as a last resort for courses since its a bit more expensive than the other ace credits. Penn Foster college has a slew of CJ courses that'll probably fit.

Penn Foster and Propero both have CJ courses, but only 1 that's UL, and there's no guarantee that TESU will bring it in as UL (it's CJS400: Adminstration of Justice, and my guess is no).

The least expensive option I know for UL CJ courses is CSU Pueblo Independent Studies, but they're $615/course.  Not crazy expensive, but it does make the degree more expensive overall, as you'd probably need 4 more UL courses from there.  But that degree is just not able to be tested out of.

I have actually emailed TESU regarding CJS400: Adminstration of Justice and they said they will review it. ACE lists this course as UL and not really sure how TESU evaluates them. Just wondering, out of curiosity - what makes you think that they will not bring it in as UL? 

These CJ UL classes has been real headache to deal with! Do you have any experience with CSU Pueblo Independent Studies and how it works? I read their description and still have lots of questions. 

CSU Global SSA is also an option, but still - have no clue how it actually works :Smile  all I know is based on your comment - I have to be enrolled there to be eligible for SSA. Can you walk me through it? if you don't mind of course. 

And in terms of tuition what do you think the most affordable way would be for me finish these son of a gun UL classes? 

Tons of thanks for helping me out with this!
Hey TroopsterX, basically 1 term is 3 months, it's going to cost you just $2375/term.  You can try to complete as many courses as you want, but I suggest just taking the ones you require and transfer them to TESU.  I'm not sure if you want to complete it at Walden or TESU.  You might want to calculate the cost/energy/time required for both.

Walden Tempo BSCJ Link: https://www.waldenu.edu/online-bachelors...ition-fees
You should monitor their "Limited time savings" as the previous one was 50% off the term for the entire life of the program.
This time around it's $4500 grant.  If that grant can be applied all towards two terms, it's practically FREE! Contact them!

Update: You should also consider doing the CSU Global SSA option, take 1 course and two/three exams would come out to about the same cost as 1 term at Walden. Again, do a cost/energy/time required comparison for each and see which one would be better for you.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-15-2020, 12:04 AM)TroopsterX Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 02:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TroopsterX, just wondering.  Have you thought about Masters degrees?  Another option is to do a BALS with a Social Science concentration and get a MSCJ from Walden instead or if you want to finish your BSCJ, they offer that too, and if you really want it from TESU, you can take a term from Walden to get all your UL done (I don't know if you can take them out of order or not).

These UL classes are real headache to find! I really want to finish TESU and then think about Masters degree. How does Walden term work?  I just went on their website and came across this - Tempo Competency-Based Learning program. Not really sure how long it takes to finish classes and how much would it be to take let's say 3 classes from them? 

Once again - thanks a lot for your effort!

(03-11-2020, 01:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 11:38 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Probably as a last resort for courses since its a bit more expensive than the other ace credits. Penn Foster college has a slew of CJ courses that'll probably fit.

Penn Foster and Propero both have CJ courses, but only 1 that's UL, and there's no guarantee that TESU will bring it in as UL (it's CJS400: Adminstration of Justice, and my guess is no).

The least expensive option I know for UL CJ courses is CSU Pueblo Independent Studies, but they're $615/course.  Not crazy expensive, but it does make the degree more expensive overall, as you'd probably need 4 more UL courses from there.  But that degree is just not able to be tested out of.

I have actually emailed TESU regarding CJS400: Adminstration of Justice and they said they will review it. ACE lists this course as UL and not really sure how TESU evaluates them. Just wondering, out of curiosity - what makes you think that they will not bring it in as UL? 

These CJ UL classes has been real headache to deal with! Do you have any experience with CSU Pueblo Independent Studies and how it works? I read their description and still have lots of questions. 

CSU Global SSA is also an option, but still - have no clue how it actually works :Smile  all I know is based on your comment - I have to be enrolled there to be eligible for SSA. Can you walk me through it? if you don't mind of course. 

And in terms of tuition what do you think the most affordable way would be for me finish these son of a gun UL classes? 

Tons of thanks for helping me out with this!

TroopsterX - did you find out if the Penn Foster CJS400: Adminstration of Justice transferred to TESU as UL?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,555 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 607 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 504 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 528 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,324 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 249 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 400 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 285 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27