Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU ASNSM Biology - Alternative Options or Exceptions for Lab?
Hello, I should be asking the TESU academic advising team but figured someone here might know before I call/email tomorrow
Anyways, I am shooting for the TESU ASNSM Biology and have two more courses left (will be taking both at Study.com)
Biology 102: Basic Genetics (TESU BIO 241-Human Genetics) + Biology 106: Pathophysiology (TESU BIO 316-Pathophysiology)

For the ASNSM Biology, I've taken the following Straighterline courses
1) Introduction to Biology: TESU BIO-101
2) Introduction to Nutrition: TESU BIO-208
3) Anatomy and Physiology I: TESU BIO-210
4) Anatomy and Physiology II: TESU BIO-213
5) Microbiology: TESU BIO-351
6) Medical Terminology: TESU HEA-230

Two questions: First, there's a requirement for science credits and AOS credits
1. Understanding the Physical and Natural World 8 credits required
Can I use my SL Chemistry, SL Environmental Science and the SL BIO 101 or SL C++ here for 9 credits?

2. Area of Study: Biology 16 credits required
If I complete the two Study.com course, I should have 18 credits
Do I need to take the lab courses too, or can I ask for an alternative/exception?

1) Introduction to Nutrition: TESU BIO-208
2) Anatomy and Physiology I: TESU BIO-210
3) Anatomy and Physiology II: TESU BIO-213
4) Microbiology: TESU BIO-351
5) Study.com Biology 102: Basic Genetics (TESU BIO 241-Human Genetics)
6) Study.com Biology 106: Pathophysiology (TESU BIO 316-Pathophysiology)

Just for kicks, and for personal reasons (I'm going to try and keep fit while I study, and this may help me in the future anyways)
I will be taking their CPR/First Aid, Personal Fitness & Wellness, Pharmacology I & II, - I know they won't go into the degree...
Your feedback is appreciated, especially for those who have completed the ASNSM Biology already or have had exceptions...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Does anyone know did Aleks get renewed yet?
suzettew Wrote:Does anyone know did Aleks get renewed yet?

BTW, you may be best served if you post into a related thread as this thread is in relation to ASNSM Biology.

Unfortunately, on the ACE Credit Registry webpage, it still indicates the courses will expire today!
I would just continue doing your work as that shouldn't cause issues and will be updated in a couple days.

It's been like this for 6-7 months, they "extend" it for a month until the renewal date is determined.
As again, the last few months, they've been extending it on a monthly basis... no need to worry!

I was on a different catalog. These were the requirements for me.

Biology I was required, but was in gen ed. The lab was not required. Biology II with lab was required in the AOS. Medical terminology did not count as a biology course and it shouldn't.

Biology II with lab, A&P I and II, Science of Nutrition, and Microbiology are all that's needed to complete the AOS.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Medical Terminology is considered a HEA course, so will go into Free Electives - not Gen Ed or AOS for sure.

Nothing on the website says you need a lab, so if you don't have one, you should be fine. And Computer Science courses will count in the Gen Ed Science area.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Medical Terminology is considered a HEA course, so will go into Free Electives - not Gen Ed or AOS for sure.

Nothing on the website says you need a lab, so if you don't have one, you should be fine. And Computer Science courses will count in the Gen Ed Science area.

What's on the website is different from what is in OSS. When I was completing the degree, there was nothing on the website then saying that there was a required lab. I still had to complete it. Advising told me that what matters is what's in OSS. Additionally, biology I had to be completed in gen ed.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I just checked OSS with the 2016-2017 catalog. The biology I requirement is no longer there, but you still need four credits for Biology II in the AOS.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:I just checked OSS with the 2016-2017 catalog. The biology I requirement is no longer there, but you still need four credits for Biology II in the AOS.

What would it take for them to update it so that it was the same in OSS and on the web? Seriously, could they not assign someone to do research, and spend like 2 days fixing this (for all degrees)??? I will never understand how this school operates.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I complained that the catalog, website, and OSS didn't match over a year ago. I don't know why they won't update the website. I don't know why the catalog doesn't list detailed requirements. This is the only degree that I know of that doesn't have its details published.

To let BJcheung know, I was offered a waiver for the lab for having extra intro to biology credits, but I was already halfway through the Biology II with lab course at NMJC because they previously told me that there was no alternative. I was offered it randomly after asking an unrelated question. I don't think waiving the lab is something they normally do, but you can ask.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
*gasp* Ouch! I forgot one detail, I might have forgotten, does TESU only allow up to 45 credits from one source for the Associates?
I recall for the Bachelors degree, it's up to 90 credits for one source. Let met check again, as the majority of my "gen ed" is from SL!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,637 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,588 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore