Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA Computer Science BSBA CIS Double Degree Plan
Here is a degree plan on how to get a BA in Computer Science and BSBA CIS at the same time:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

Once you have a computer science degree, you only need 4 more courses + the capstone BSBA CIS.

An alternative would be to pick up the associates in business admin for free without having to take extra courses.

If you find any errors, let me know.

Note:
The BA in Computer Science and BSBA CIS Double Degree Plan will only feature one suggested course. To see more options review the other degree plans for BA Computer Science and BSBA CIS

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...re_Roadmap

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan

Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 4 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • ClockworkHammer, denise99, MNomadic, schlocker
(04-06-2022, 09:30 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Here is a degree plan on how to get a BA in Computer Science and BSBA CIS at the same time:

Once you have a computer science degree, you only need 6 more courses + the capstone BSBA CIS.

An alternative would be to pick up the associates in business admin for free without having to take extra courses.

The other option is a BSBA/CIS and then an ASNSN in CompSci.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Done in reverse, the BSBA CIS to the BA in CompSci is only four courses, plus the BA capstone, as follows:

COS-240 Data Structures
COS-330 Computer Architecture
MAT-270 Discrete Math
MAT-231 Calculus 1
LIB-495 liberal arts capstone

Arguably those four courses demand more attention and can slow down someone's BS plan, so it might be better to segregate them to a single period where one can devote the requisite effort. One may also benefit from sequencing them together, as many of the concepts are interrelated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuadDib's post:
  • MrPanda
LevelUP Wrote:Here is a degree plan on how to get a BA in Computer Science and BSBA CIS at the same time:

Once you have a computer science degree, you only need 6 more courses + the capstone BSBA CIS.

Thanks for putting this up! Nicely done...

(04-07-2022, 05:46 PM)MuadDib Wrote: Done in reverse, the BSBA CIS to the BA in CompSci is only four courses, plus the BA capstone, as follows:

COS-240 Data Structures
MAT-270 Discrete Math
MAT-231 Calculus 1

Arguably those four courses demand more attention and can slow down someone's BS plan, so it might be better to segregate them to a single period where one can devote the requisite effort. One may also benefit from sequencing them together, as many of the concepts are interrelated.

That's interesting, I would have thought the number of courses would be the same going in the other direction. Are you doing both? If you were doing both, which would you do first?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-07-2022, 07:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
LevelUP Wrote:Here is a degree plan on how to get a BA in Computer Science and BSBA CIS at the same time:

Thanks for putting this up!  Nicely done...

(04-07-2022, 05:46 PM)MuadDib Wrote: Done in reverse, the BSBA CIS to the BA in CompSci is only four courses, plus the BA capstone, as follows:

COS-240 Data Structures
MAT-270 Discrete Math
MAT-231 Calculus 1

That's interesting, I would have thought the number of courses would be the same going in the other direction.  Are you doing both? If you were doing both, which would you do first?

You both are right.  It is 4 courses, I missed where I updated free electives and double-counted a couple of courses. 

It should be the same in both directions. 

The old TESU degree wouldn't allow business courses in the GE electives. Now that everything is free electives, it makes a double degree easier.

Updated degree plan:
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
This is right up my alley, it looks. like I have been moving towards this without knowing it. I was trying to do. BSIT and BSBA CIS and the sci classes with lab were my obstacle. this is much better. thank you!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blckbuster's post:
  • joshypauly
(04-08-2022, 03:30 AM)Blckbuster Wrote: This is right up my alley, it looks. like I have been moving towards this without knowing it. I was trying to do. BSIT and BSBA CIS and the sci classes with lab were my obstacle. this is much better. thank you!

Great, glad to know the plan helps visualize how things will fit together, as doing 2 degree plans at once can get complicated.
This is probably a dumb question, but what is the difference between receiving two degrees and getting a double major? Do you apply to graduate for the first one, then take the other classes for the second?
BOG AAS from Pierpont
Tracking my journey on https://holbrook.blog
In brief, Business and Liberal Arts/Studies are in different schools of subjects within the institution, what you're referring to is a double or dual degree, if they were in the same school then it would be a double major within one degree. If you want to do this degree in the title, it will be two different degree program plans you would need to follow.

Let me explain, as per the title, I'll use the BA CS + BSBA CIS as an example, they are in two different schools, it is two degrees (dual degree). Another example is, BACS + BS Data Analytics, this is a dual degree as again, they're two degrees in different schools of the institution. If you go for a BACS + BALS Social Science concentration, this can be one degree with a double major as they're in the same school but different subjects.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You would apply to graduate with all degrees at the same time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 70 Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 159 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 137 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 75 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 70 04-23-2024, 11:36 AM
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,726 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,551 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 122 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM