Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU "BA"? Computer Science shouldn't it be BS?
Most job postings I saw required BS Computer Science...why is TESU Computer Science under Bachelor of Arts when it should be Bachelor of Science? Anyone had any issues with job search with BA CS when the employer specifically asked for BS CS?

Also did any of you have any issues getting jobs that asked for BS CS if you have a BS IT degree?
Most schools have a BS Comp Sci, yes. But, in most cases, BS vs. BA shouldn't be an issue when it comes to computer science. Also, I may be wrong, but I think the TESU diploma itself only states that it is a "Bachelor of Computer Science". If so, I don't think that it would be incorrect to style it that way on your own resume/CV.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • manmanthegr8, OP88
In my experience, BA vs. BS has more to do with the supporting courses than the CompSci elements. I doubt a BA CompSci would be any kind of negative vs. BS.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • OP88, rachel83az
Isnt about GE courses when it comes to BA vs BS? And not about AOS?
go here
https://cs.nyu.edu/home/undergrad/overview.html

scroll down
what do you see ?
(05-27-2021, 07:55 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Isnt about GE courses when it comes to BA  vs BS? And not about AOS?

Yep - BA vs BS is just your Gen ed courses - you generally take more math and science with a BS, and more social sciences and humanities with a BA.  As long as you have similar requirements in the major, it shouldn't make a bit of difference.

As for a BSCS vs. a BSIT, they're completely different animals.  Just look at the requirements for each to see what they require.  It depends on the job as to what kind of degree they're looking for; if they want a CS degree, they probably won't even look at an IT degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • bluebooger, OP88
I've seen people say that a BA doesn't get hired as well as a BS. However, I don't know if they actually know. They might be simply feeling inferior or superior because of their BA or BS.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • OP88
There isn't really a difference between the BA and BS, it depends on the institution and the school they're attending. If you compare computer science majors, the majority of their courses are often the "same" or very similar in nature, even the general education requirements, the only area you can "set" differently would be the free electives. The BA doesn't necessarily mean there are more "Arts" courses as you can take all the sciences you want in the free electives/general education options to your hearts content to match that of an identical degree offered elsewhere, it'll still be a degree in the school of "Arts".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-27-2021, 07:16 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Most schools have a BS Comp Sci, yes. But, in most cases, BS vs. BA shouldn't be an issue when it comes to computer science. Also, I may be wrong, but I think the TESU diploma itself only states that it is a "Bachelor of Computer Science". If so, I don't think that it would be incorrect to style it that way on your own resume/CV.
I may be wrong , but I think the degree actually says  “bachelor of arts”. No computer science or major is listed on diploma.
(05-28-2021, 06:18 PM)Pats20 Wrote: I may be wrong , but I think the degree actually says  “bachelor of arts”. No computer science or major is listed on diploma.

Now that you mention it, I think you're correct. I knew that they left off some important aspect.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,483 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 592 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 490 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 517 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 334 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 271 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,314 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 397 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 434 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az