Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA in ENGLISH Updated Plan? UL Courses? EVAL Included
Huh 

I am in a bit of a pickle with coming up with the appropriate courses in order to fulfill the final classes that I need for this degree with TESU. I know that before it was a lot easier as I have read numerous posts about this. Since last years change there hasn’t been a solid English degree outline that I have come across. Could someone point me towards the right direction, please. I really wish to get an English degree since I wish to teach here in Korea, currently I am working here online but I want to increase my revenue by teaching. Yes, any degree would work but I really have a long-term plan in mind and wish to hold onto it no matter the cost. For what it’s worth, as I have mentioned in another post of mine, I do have VA benefits but I don’t have base access so I cannot take CLEP and everything must be done online and within half a year if not less. I much prefer taking courses at my own pace in order to accomplish what I need fast.

Sorry for writing so much but what’s the NEW and up to date plan for an English degree with TESU?

I have attached my EVAL and the degree plan that I have put together myself, but I am quite confused about what to take in order to satisfy the missing courses. Please help!

I need the following:

Lit 206

Non Western Lit

and four UL English Electives

Attached Files
.png   Current BA ENG Eval-min.png (Size: 157.03 KB / Downloads: 21)
.xls   TESU 2019 BA in English (version 1).xls (Size: 72 KB / Downloads: 18)
Since you want the English degree, I suggest you quickly sign up for both Harvard Extension poetry courses. There are only a few more days to sign up. https://poetryinamerica.org/programs/poe...or-credit/
We aren't sure if they will offer them again, at the great pricing, after these two.

Non-Western Lit is probably going to cost you at least $800. It may also need to be a 15-16 week course.

(01-30-2019, 12:25 PM)Ideas Wrote: Since you want the English degree, I suggest you quickly sign up for both Harvard Extension poetry courses. There are only a few more days to sign up. https://poetryinamerica.org/programs/poe...or-credit/
We aren't sure if they will offer them again, at the great pricing, after these two.

Non-Western Lit is probably going to cost you at least $800. It may also need to be a 15-16 week course.

If you do, you may want to take the one that's LL for grad credit so it counts as UL at TESU.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Coopersmith has Lit 206, or you can take the CLEP at a test center. The CLEP is free if you go through Modern States.

(01-30-2019, 12:25 PM)Ideas Wrote: Since you want the English degree, I suggest you quickly sign up for both Harvard Extension poetry courses. There are only a few more days to sign up. https://poetryinamerica.org/programs/poe...or-credit/

The price range of those Harvard courses is quite low but I am a little worried about the length of the course(s). I will look into it a bit more. Also it states that it started on January 28th unless I am looking at the wrong classes.  Just to be on the same page, this would satisfy two UL slots and which courses specifically should I take? Thanks.
(01-30-2019, 12:32 PM)davewill Wrote:

If you do, you may want to take the one that's LL for grad credit so it counts as UL at TESU.
Which courses would those be?
(01-30-2019, 12:50 PM)Ideas Wrote: Coopersmith has Lit 206, or you can take the CLEP at a test center. The CLEP is free if you go through Modern States.

I also thought about taking Coopersmith, what's your experience with them if any? Also I cannot take CLEP here since I am in Korea nor do I have military base access anymore Sad.

Do you mean Medieval Hispano-Jewish Poetry (LIT-401)?
They still show as available to enroll in. I've been assuming that ENGL E-182M would come in as LL and ENGL E-305 would come in as UL, if taken for undergrad credit, but someone here may know more precisely.

https://www.extension.harvard.edu/course...w,%20Elisa

https://www.extension.harvard.edu/course...w,%20Elisa
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(01-30-2019, 01:13 PM)ricohh Wrote: The price range of those Harvard courses is quite low but I am a little worried about the length of the course(s). I will look into it a bit more. Also it states that it started on January 28th unless I am looking at the wrong classes.  Just to be on the same page, this would satisfy two UL slots and which courses specifically should I take? Thanks.

Both to save you money and time on other UL credits.

Graduate level to be safe. If you do undergrad, one or both might not be UL.

Yes, they just started a couple days ago, but the first week is mostly orientation, so they allow you to enroll for a few more days.

(01-30-2019, 01:13 PM)ricohh Wrote: Do you mean Medieval Hispano-Jewish Poetry (LIT-401)?

No. LIT-401 is good for UL credits and it's a cheap option, but Coopersmith also has two Survey of American Lit courses and you said you needed a second American Lit course.

I know APU has Middle Eastern Lit (UL) for $810, and they have monthly starts and 8-week courses.

You may also want to look at CC's here for some online courses.

World Literature may also work, as long as it lists things like Africa, Asia, Middle East, etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-30-2019, 07:43 PM)dfrecore Wrote: World Literature may also work, as long as it lists things like Africa, Asia, Middle East, etc.

I believe someone tried getting approval for World Lit. TESU seems to not allow courses with part "Western". However, we could use more feedback if someone else wants to try.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 343 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 954 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 197 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 414 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 217 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 376 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 344 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,578 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite