Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BACJ: AOJ-484 Public Policy, Crime and Criminal Justice
When I joined this forum you guys helped me with my criminal justice spreadsheet (thank you again!!). I have refined my spreadsheet a bit and I seem to be on the right track. I have emailed advising and they confirmed all the propero/penn foster courses will transfer [forest green in image].

For Research Methods in the Social Sciences, they said CSU's Research Methods in the Social Sciences will work. I did not ask if Research Methods in Psychology (Study.com/UExcel) would transfer since CSU has a matching course. (The suggestion for the psychology course was brought up in my previous thread).

The one I'm having issues with is AOJ-484 Public Policy, Crime and Criminal Justice. I asked advising whether Penn Foster's Administration of Justice would transfer (the course description sounded similar), but they said it only transfers as AOJ-104 Administration of Justice (an elective). Using CSU-Global's Law Enforcement & American Policing was suggested in my old thread. When reading the description though, it doesn't sound like what I need. I just found out about CSU's CRJ540 Criminal Justice Policy Development and Analysis and it sounds very familiar to TESU's course. Before I bother advising again, I wanted to get your opinions and suggestions. Thank you!

[Image: hVCIjB2.png]

[INDENT] [/INDENT]

One last thing, the course needs to be upper level to fulfill the requirement.
My last 6 credits (2 courses) ended up being the 2 courses you are asking about. I highly recommend the study.com Research Methods course. You can complete it in 3 days of hard work or a week if you take it slow. It transferred in and met the requirements in the AOS. I was unable to find a Public Policy course that would work from another source. I ended up taking it through TESU. The Public Policy course was surprisingly easy considering the 400 level TESU gives it. Straight forward questions on the exams, easy discussions and papers.
Thanks for the reply! That would be sweet if I could take Research Methods though Study.com since I'm going to take some courses with them anyway.
Let me know if you end up taking the Public Policy course at TESU. I will try to locate the book and if I find it I will give it to you if you pay shipping.

I dreaded taking both classes. I stalled for nearly 3 years. When I finally took them I was shocked at how easy they were. It made me mad that I wasted so much time.
I wonder if I were to "homeschool" myself by reading the TESU and CSU books for the course, if I could do a PLA for the class. I'm considering doing a PLA via learningcounts anyway for elective credits (fire science, CPR/First Aid, Music Theory, etc...). In a way, making it like a MOOC course...
Joeman200 Wrote:I'm considering doing a PLA via learningcounts

Why not just do your entire PLA through TESU (or whatever school you plan on finishing at) instead of throwing money at a not-so-great company at an inflated rate?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
My understanding was that it is $379 per credit awarded going through TESU's PLA. With LearningCounts, there's the fee for the course, and then an assessment fee. Overall a lot cheaper if your going for 12 credits.
I also looked into learning counts. After many emails back and forth, I was still unsure if I had the experience or the writing ability to receive credit in Public Policy. Learning Counts wouldn't even tell if they have ever awarded credits similar to Public Policy.
Joeman200 Wrote:My understanding was that it is $379 per credit awarded going through TESU's PLA.

No, it's $379 for the whole first 12 credits, then each additional 6 credits after that is $215. It's not a per-credit fee.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:No, it's $379 for the whole first 12 credits, then each additional 6 credits after that is $215. It's not a per-credit fee.

Works out to $31/cr, so similar to CLEP, Study.com, SL, etc. It's a great deal if you need the credits and can't find cheap courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,638 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,589 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore