Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - BACS Out of State Discounts? Upper Division in Major or General?
Hello,
I believe I have mapped out a plan for TESU. But this greatly depends on whether or not the Computer Science degree requires 18 UL units in the major or in general? ALL of my credits are from Regional Accredited Universities or Community Colleges outside of the ACE approved Precalculus, Statistics, Ethics (Insurance -taken specifically for TESU), and TEEX Cyber Security Courses. I have NOT counted any TEEX courses towards my computer science major or computer science electives.

Also, I'm going the out-of-state flat-rate tuition route and enrolling in 16 units at TESU and with the graduation fee the cost is $5226. People have mentioned study.com scholarships and perhaps other discounts on this forum and am curious to know if I could reduce my cost. 

If they take ANY UL course credit to meet the 18 unit requirement versus only courses in the major then I'd only need the following five (15 units) before transfer: one 3-unit UL CS course, three elective 3-unit CS courses, and calculus.

If I can get a discount off the flat-rate tuition by taking these at study.com or even onlinedegree.net I would do so. Otherwise, I'd planned to take the UL Strayer Human-Interaction challenge exam for $20, Straighterline's Calculus for $109-$119 depending on the promotion and the three accelerated elective CS courses at online at my local community college (free with fee waiver).

Again I needed to know: 
1. If TESU accepts UL requirements from outside the major as I have UL credits in Organizational Behavior and Project Management (outside the major) and Networks (advanced), TESU Capstone, TESU Computer Architecture within the major?
2. If there's any way to get a discount on the out-of-state flat-rate tuition that is currently $4928 w/o graduation fee?

If the answer to #1 is that they DON'T accept UL outside the major, I would simply substitute 1-2 of my CS electives for UL courses. I think there was one more UL challenge course a Strayer.
The study.com discount: https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition

Sorry, just spotted you are going flat-rate.
(03-21-2020, 05:13 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: The study.com discount: https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition

Sorry, just spotted you are going flat-rate.

So, there's no discount on the flat-rate tuition? No outside affiliation like a professional group I could sign up for?  Sad 

* Ok, now I just need to know if I can use outside UL courses to satisfy the 18 unit requirement?
For TESU BACS, you can transfer 114 credits into the degree, so that means you just need to complete the Cornerstone and Capstone at TESU. Basically, if you get free courses due to a fee waiver, get as much upper level courses at the 4 year college/university that can be used for transfer. Community college transfer limit is now 90 credits, 4 year college/university limit is exactly 114...

For the AOS, you need 15 UL credits in Computer Science, the Capstone would count as the last upper level course to hit the 18 sweet spot. And in regards to the tuition, the flat-rate doesn't have any further discounts, I wouldn't take too many courses all at once with the flat-rate, at most 12 credits at a time especially if you're working. If you are not, go crazy and do as much as you can handle...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I want to clarify - can i transfer 114 credits through providers like study.com, SL and Sophia and take only Cornerstone and Capstone for BACS?
(03-21-2020, 06:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For TESU BACS, you can transfer 114 credits into the degree, so that means you just need to complete the Cornerstone and Capstone at TESU.  Basically, if you get free courses due to a fee waiver, get as much upper level courses at the 4 year college/university that can be used for transfer.  Community college transfer limit is now 90 credits, 4 year college/university limit is exactly 114...

For the AOS, you need 15 UL credits in Computer Science, the Capstone would count as the last upper level course to hit the 18 sweet spot.  And in regards to the tuition, the flat-rate doesn't have any further discounts, I wouldn't take too many courses all at once with the flat-rate, at most 12 credits at a time especially if you're working.  If you are not, go crazy and do as much as you can handle...

Thanks for your reply. 

I'll need 2 additional UL CS courses but the Community College doesn't offer those. I was banking on Strayer for one but I didn't check to see if they allow non-students to take their challenge exams.
Cofffeee Wrote:I want to clarify - can i transfer 114 credits through providers like study.com, SL and Sophia and take only Cornerstone and Capstone for BACS?

Yes, for any Big 3 degree (COSC, Excelsior, TESU) you can transfer as many as 114 credits into their degree plans *if you can find the alternative courses from those providers*. The only two courses required at the Big 3 are currently their respective Cornerstone and Capstone courses. This is once again for all degrees at the Bachelors level from the Big 3, it is not limited to the BA degrees, for Associates just the Cornerstone is required unless the Associates has a Capstone as well...

There is however a limit of how many you can transfer from one provider, TESU limits it to 90 credits, so mix/match your courses like I recommend people, use the StraighterLine/Study.com combo! But since Sophia.org is having such a special, mix it up even more! So take as much transferable as you can from Sophia.org for lower level credits and finish up the remainder at Study.com especially for upper level requirements...

(03-21-2020, 06:47 PM)vanglorious Wrote: Thanks for your reply. 

I'll need 2 additional UL CS courses but the Community College doesn't offer those. I was banking on Strayer for one but I didn't check to see if they allow non-students to take their challenge exams.

The main provider for UL CS courses are from Study.com, if you need two outside of Study.com, you can get the TECEP Network Technology and the Coopersmith Linear Algebra as that counts towards a BA Computer Science degree at TESU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-21-2020, 06:41 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I want to clarify - can i transfer 114 credits through providers like study.com, SL and Sophia and take only Cornerstone and Capstone for BACS?

I wanted to mention that if you are an out-of-state student you'll end up paying MORE than taking 16 units at the flat rate even with the study.com per credit discount.
(03-21-2020, 06:49 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Cofffeee Wrote:I want to clarify - can i transfer 114 credits through providers like study.com, SL and Sophia and take only Cornerstone and Capstone for BACS?

Yes, for any Big 3 degree (COSC, Excelsior, TESU) you can transfer as many as 114 credits into their degree plans *if you can find the alternative courses from those providers*.  The only two courses required at the Big 3 are currently their respective Cornerstone and Capstone courses.  This is once again for all degrees at the Bachelors level from the Big 3, it is not limited to the BA degrees, for Associates just the Cornerstone is required unless the Associates has a Capstone as well...  

There is however a limit of how many you can transfer from one provider, TESU limits it to 90 credits, so mix/match your courses like I recommend people, use the StraighterLine/Study.com combo! But since Sophia.org is having such a special, mix it up even more!  So take as much transferable as you can from Sophia.org for lower level credits and finish up the remainder at Study.com especially for upper level requirements...

The main provider for UL CS courses are from Study.com, if you need two outside of Study.com, you can get the TECEP Network Technology and the Coopersmith Linear Algebra as that counts towards a BA Computer Science degree at TESU.
Thanks a lot. I will definitely follow your advice

==========
I wonder if Linear Algebra can be used as a substitute for Calculus since it's usually the prereq?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 726 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch