Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS LIB-495 November Capstone
(01-27-2020, 10:30 AM)diminutive Wrote: Congrats you two. Got a decent grade back and now I’m done. Just gotta send in $3000 ack! Cant believe its over.

I already paid and graduate in March...hopefully
Congrats all, I'm in the Capstone now and should finish in March!

On a side note I have a dumb question.... If you already had a passing grade prior to the final project, could you have skipped it? I'm not advocating for that but just curious more than anything.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(01-27-2020, 10:30 AM)diminutive Wrote: Congrats you two. Got a decent grade back and now I’m done. Just gotta send in $3000 ack! Cant believe its over.

What’s the timeframe they give you for how long you have to pay that $3,000?
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
(01-27-2020, 11:15 AM)darthweezy Wrote: Congrats all, I'm in the Capstone now and should finish in March!

On a side note I have a dumb question.... If you already had a passing grade prior to the final project, could you have skipped it?  I'm not advocating for that but just curious more than anything.
No, they make a point of telling you that any missed assignments result in an incomplete. Its probably very tempting to skip the final project or the presentation so they make you do them.
(01-27-2020, 12:02 PM)diminutive Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 11:15 AM)darthweezy Wrote: Congrats all, I'm in the Capstone now and should finish in March!

On a side note I have a dumb question.... If you already had a passing grade prior to the final project, could you have skipped it?  I'm not advocating for that but just curious more than anything.
No, they make a point of telling you that any missed assignments result in an incomplete. Its probably very tempting to skip the final project or the presentation so they make you do them.

That makes sense.  Especially considering you get credit for the discussion forums.  I just finished SOS-110 and was tempted to do that because i already had a high grade but didn't want to even chance it haha.

No it is a weighted grade. I think 75 is the highest you can have prior to final written assignments. My grades for all assignments were 90 to 100. The way it is weighted is if you take a zero for final it will kill you. However a D in the final is good enough to get a hard C on the entire capstone. I will try to post the grade calculator later
I just got feedback - 100% on my paper!!!

HELL YES! I’m finally graduating at almost 50!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 2 users Like suzycupcake's post:
  • Mattman72, P226mem
darthweezy Wrote:Congrats all, I'm in the Capstone now and should finish in March!

On a side note I have a dumb question.... If you already had a passing grade prior to the final project, could you have skipped it? I'm not advocating for that but just curious more than anything.

Never skip anything in life, including anything in education, even if it's a simple thing to do, just complete it for the sake of learning something extra, no matter how small it may seem...

suzycupcake Wrote:I just got feedback - 100% on my paper!!!

HELL YES! I’m finally graduating at almost 50!!!!

Congrats! Wow, that's amazing, that's a lot of hard work put into that paper... and here I thought you didn't like writing at all... When push comes to shove and all that nonsense, you did well getting that final capstone finished in great fashion! Great work!

LOL, and with that cute avatar I was thinking you were 25 or so and just continuing where you left off from a few years after high school! Haha, perseverance paid of for you! Keep on trucking onto that next journey in your life, the elusive Masters! You'll do well i'm sure!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • suzycupcake
(01-27-2020, 07:23 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: I just got feedback - 100% on my paper!!!

HELL YES!  I’m finally graduating at almost 50!!!!

Congrats! You should be proud! 100% wow. Of course congrats on the degree. I am 55!

(01-27-2020, 06:37 PM)kevro64 Wrote:

No it is a weighted grade. I think 75 is the highest you can have prior to final written assignments. My grades for all assignments were 90 to 100. The way it is weighted is if you take a zero for final it will kill you. However a D in the final is good enough to get a hard C on the entire capstone. I will try to post the grade calculator later
It does look like if you got a cumulative grade of 75 on all assignments (which translates to 100% on all assignments, including oral prez) before the final project you could skip the capstone. However, if you notice a C- is not a passing grade for the course. So I have a 71, if I skip the capstone I fail. If I get an F on the capstone I still would end up with a 84.  Here is the deal: all writing assignments are building blocks for the final. You just need to make the changes the mentor recommends and stitch it together. see attached excel, you can run scenarios.

(01-27-2020, 11:22 AM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote:

You are too late for March if you have not paid your state residency waiver and the grad fee, the deadline was January 1. You are eligible for  June. I paid the waiver and grad fee for March, not knowing if I would pass the Capstone (I was fairly confident). It looks like I will pass and they should honor the request. If not they should roll over the grad fee to apply to June. I know for sure the $2800 waiver is good for one year after you pay it.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Grade calculator 2.xlsx (Size: 10.5 KB / Downloads: 12)
(01-27-2020, 08:16 PM)kevro64 Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 07:23 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: I just got feedback - 100% on my paper!!!

HELL YES!  I’m finally graduating at almost 50!!!!

Congrats! You should be proud! 100% wow. Of course congrats on the degree. I am 55!

(01-27-2020, 06:37 PM)kevro64 Wrote:

It does look like if you got a cumulative grade of 75 on all assignments (which translates to 100% on all assignments, including oral prez) before the final project you could skip the capstone. However, if you notice a C- is not a passing grade for the course. So I have a 71, if I skip the capstone I fail. If I get an F on the capstone I still would end up with a 84.  Here is the deal: all writing assignments are building blocks for the final. You just need to make the changes the mentor recommends and stitch it together. see attached excel, you can run scenarios.

(01-27-2020, 11:22 AM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote:

You are too late for March if you have not paid your state residency waiver and the grad fee, the deadline was January 1. You are eligible for  June. I paid the waiver and grad fee for March, not knowing if I would pass the Capstone (I was fairly confident). It looks like I will pass and they should honor the request. If not they should roll over the grad fee to apply to June. I know for sure the $2800 waiver is good for one year after you pay it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 361 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 269 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy