Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS My Progress Update/Study.com Course Suggestions?
Hey guys, I'm trying to keep myself accountable so here's a progress update thread.
A quick recap:

I applied for the TESU BALS in June 2016 after lurking and consulting these forums for a few months prior. When I received my evaluation, it said I needed:

1 lower level course in Diversity,
1 lower level course in Info Lit,
1 lower level course in ethics,
5 upper level Area Of Study courses,
Cornerstone and Capstone

and here is what I have done so far:

1 LL Diversity = Appealed previous college course= DONE
1 LL Info Lit = Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP=DONE
1 LL Ethics= Free Ethics course at The Institutes=DONE
5 UL AOS= In Progress at Study.com;just finished 1st required Personal Finance course due to Guardian Scholarship,thinking about which course to take next at Study.com
Cornerstone/Capstone=Not Yet

So as of right now, all that I need are my 5 upper level courses and the cornerstone/capstone courses and I should be done. I just finished the required Personal Finance course at Study.com because I received the Guardian Scholarship. So now I am deciding on which course to take next. Any suggestions?

Luckily, defrecore informed me which courses I could take for my UL AOS at Study.com but I'm curious what people's thoughts are on each? These are the courses I could take:

Business 107: Leadership & Organizational Behavior
History 108: History of the Vietnam War
Psychology 104: Social Psychology
Psychology 105: Research Methods in Psychology
Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology
Biology 103: Microbiology
Business 113: Business Communication
Business 108: Business Ethics

Which ones are strictly multiple choice without requiring essays? Thanks in advance!
How did your free ethics course transfer in? If it transferred in as business ethics, the business ethics course from study.com might duplicate.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Business 108: Business Ethics will duplicate your Insurance Ethics course, so don't take it. I haven't taken the following courses, but note the overlap in subject matter for most of them.

Business 107: Leadership & Organizational Behavior
Psychology 104: Social Psychology
Psychology 105: Research Methods in Psychology
Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology
Business 113: Business Communication
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:Business 108: Business Ethics will duplicate your Insurance Ethics course, so don't take it.

It depends on how they applied the free course, TESU has gone back and forth on it a few times in the past
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I took both abnormal psychology and social psychology at Study, and I found the courses to be interesting and enjoyable. Social psychology only have 91 quizzes and it's all video unlike personal finance. Check the course out while you plan for other course, you can definitely tackle this course in less than 15 days.
CLEP - Introduction to Psychology, Introduction Sociology, Human Growth and Development, College Mathematics, Educational Psychology, Humanities
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Introduction to Statistic, TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Study.com - Intro to World Religion, Western Civilization 1, Western Civilization 2, Abnormal Psychology, Info Sys and Comp Apps, American Gov't, Social Psychology, Personal Finance,
It does depend on how they apply the free course, but in the past several months all I have seen are people getting PHI-384 credit for both. Why risk it?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
I took study.com Abnormal Psych and thought since it had so many chapters, quizzes etc it was going to take forever. But it was pretty easy. I enjoyed the topic and would recommend it. It took me about a 7-8 days and I could probably have tested earlier but wanted to review everything carefully. I plan to take Social Psy next and since it has less lessons I hope it will go just as smoothly.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
KayV Wrote:It does depend on how they apply the free course, but in the past several months all I have seen are people getting PHI-384 credit for both. Why risk it?

I assumed since they applied in June 2016, they probably have it under the old course code that doesn't duplicate it. This is assuming they sent it in around that time for transfer. If not, you're right, I wouldn't risk it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Hey guys, thanks for everything!

I should have specified a little further on my progress. Sorry. Regarding the free Ethics course from the Institutes, I only recently sent the Ace transcript to TESU so I am still awaiting their evaluation for that course. So here's my progress since the last time I posted here:

1 LL Diversity = Appealed previous college course = DONE(already added to transcript)
1 LL Info Lit = Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP = DONE(pending evaluation from TESU)
1 LL Ethics= Free Ethics course at The Institutes = DONE(pending evaluation from TESU)

5 UL Area of Study Courses+ 1 Personal Finance Required Course(Study.com Guardian Scholarship Requirement)= In Progress:
*FINANCE102 Personal Finance=DONE(pending TESU evaluation)*(Study.com Guardian Scholarship Requirement)
#1. PSYCHOLOGY104 Social Psychology=DONE(pending TESU evaluation)
#2. PSYCHOLOGY105 Research Methods Psychology= IN PROGRESS(Finished all quizzes, waiting to take Final Exam)
#3. PSYCHOLOGY106 Abnormal Psychology = IN PROGRESS(Working on quizzes)
#4. BUSINESS107 Organizational Behavior = NOT YET STARTED
#5. HISTORY108 History of Vietnam War = NOT YET STARTED

1 Cornerstone (hopefully not required;see below)
1 Capstone = NOT YET STARTED

So I've decided to knock out all the Psychology courses first and then take Organizational Behavior and History of the Vietnam War in a month or so(when I am allowed to take more exams at Study.com).

I have also contacted TESU about the affiliate pricing for Study.com members so hopefully this means I won't have to take the Cornerstone course any longer.

*Also, I sent in my CLEP score about a month ago, and given that it takes TESU about 25 business days for them to evaluate transcripts, it appears that all my "pending TESU evaluation" courses should be evaluated within the next week or so. I will update this thread when I get an update from TESU.*

I would just like some confirmation on my Area of Study Upper Level courses.
Can anyone verify that these courses I am taking will satisfy the Upper Level Area of Study courses for a TESU BA in Liberal Studies?

Thanks guys!
Personal Finance is not UL, and it is considered a Free Elective. So you need an additional course there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 386 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 258 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,042 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 369 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,736 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,109 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,322 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM