Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA Accounting -International Student back to college for US Degree Equivalency
They will surely ask when you officially enrol. Their website says that a TOEFL is required. https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(04-05-2019, 08:40 PM)Supermind Wrote: They will surely ask when you officially enrol. Their website says that a TOEFL is required. https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student

Yes. I checked that. 
Thank you!
I changed by degree plan to BSBA Accounting/CPA track.

Need help in choosing a Math course for my degree plan.
MATH 121 or MATH 119. I am a non math person. I am more inclined towards MATH 119 but outside of TESU. The syllabus with business application seems easier for me, as I have earlier done Quantitative Math.

I asked for course approval for the following Saylor courses. 
COMM 101 - Public Speaking (3 CR)
SOC 101 - Introduction to Sociology (3 CR
POLSC101-Introduction to Political Science
The academic advisor approved only Sociology .
Like I had mentioned earlier I had few previous credits from my foreign education which remains unutilised. I produced the syllabus and they came back saying it is not approved. So I have currently 78 credits transferred.
Wait, are you in the USA and need the CPA for anything? BTW, The CPA track is 150 credits if you're unaware of that yet. I like Saylor classes as they're cheap, but I really don't recommend them as the courses are somewhat cumbersome. I usually recommend a Study.com / StraighterLine combo for those who are not in the US. If Math is not your forte, you should take them through ALEKS as it's cheap/easy/fast - it uses an AI interface and is non proctored.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • contactuj
Photo 
(04-15-2019, 11:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wait, are you in the USA and need the CPA for anything?  BTW, The CPA track is 150 credits if you're unaware of that yet.  I like Saylor classes as they're cheap, but I really don't recommend them as the courses are somewhat cumbersome.  I usually recommend a Study.com / StraighterLine combo for those who are not in the US.  If Math is not your forte, you should take them through ALEKS as it's cheap/easy/fast - it uses an AI interface and is non proctored.
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I am in USA. I have plans to do either CPA or the MSACC.
 About 150 credits requirement, 
My program summary after evaluation appears like this:

SH required - 133
SH applied to degree - 78
SH Reamaining - 55

This appears in the academic evaluation. Unfortunately, I am not able cut and paste it from TESU site directly.
@contactuj - Why don't you consider MS Accounting from WGU https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...ogram.html

They accepted my BBA for MS ITM admission. You can complete in 1 year and cost would be around 8000$
------------------

(04-16-2019, 12:00 PM)akr680 Wrote: @contactuj  - Why don't you consider MS Accounting from WGU https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...ogram.html

They accepted my BBA for MS ITM admission. You can complete in 1 year and cost would be around 8000$
Thank you! I will research that. I had not considered WGU as a option till now. Did you get your degree evalauatedb from SDR? Did WGU accept the evaluation?
I did from ECE. SDR is in the list.

AICE was created by international educational credential evaluation services as a non-profit institution.The focus of AICE is to translate foreign transcripts in regard to U.S. equivalents. All members of AICEuphold the same standards and ethics to help provide quality evaluations pertaining to U.S. requirements.
------------------

(04-16-2019, 03:58 PM)akr680 Wrote: I did from ECE. SDR is in the list.

AICE was created by international educational credential evaluation services as a non-profit institution.The focus of AICE is to translate foreign transcripts in regard to U.S. equivalents. All members of AICEuphold the same standards and ethics to help provide quality evaluations pertaining to U.S. requirements.

Why do you want to do from SDR again? You got admitted to WGU with ECE evaluation, right? 
Just trying to undestand
To include DOEACC A level (Advanced Diploma in Computer Applications) - 10 Computer science subjects. I was considering BS IT earlier.
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 237 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger