Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA, FIN-200 satisfies core finance requirement?
Just got my most recent eval back. My AOS is General Management. Study.com FIN-104 (Financial Mgmt) has been placed as FIN-200 ¨Intro to Finance¨, 3 credits in the Core Finance requirement. 

In the AOS, I have the following:
Section A
Group 2- FIN301, Principles of Finance, 3 credits (so finance)
Group 3- CIS209, Intro to Database, 3 credits (I believe this will be management)
Section B
Group 2- MAN230, Intro to Entrepreneurship, 3 credits (so management)

The requirement in AOS is 18 credits, 12 need to be UL. 
Principles of Finance is ACE-recommended 3 hrs of LL finance. Same thing for NCCRS.
Intro to Entrepreneurship is ACE-recommended 2 hrs of LL business admin. NCCRS is 3 LL management.

SO, initially it looks like I am getting credit for 3 hrs of UL, because why would they place 9 hrs of LL when 6 is the most I can have? I am thinking, cool, that means I only need 9 more UL credits (3 of which need to be marketing or accounting).

That all sounds incorrect, does it not? 
What will probably happen is FIN-200 will get bumped down to Other Elective, FIN-301 will go to Core Finance, and CIS209 + MAN230 will remain as LL AOS, right?

My plan has been to complete 12 UL credits- Project Management, Digital Mktg & Advertisment, Davar Corporate Finance, and Davar International Finance. But, if there´s some quirky thing where I am able to NOT do 1 of those, I´d be pretty happy Smile
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
If they placed FIN-200 in the core, and FIN-301 in the AOS, why wouldn't you think it will stay that way?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-21-2018, 06:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If they placed FIN-200 in the core, and FIN-301 in the AOS, why wouldn't you think it will stay that way?

Because I already have 6 LL credits in AOS. It would be nice if FIN-301 comes in as UL, but neither ACE nor NCCRS recommend that. Have you heard of it coming in as UL?
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
(02-22-2018, 10:15 AM)StoicJ Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 06:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If they placed FIN-200 in the core, and FIN-301 in the AOS, why wouldn't you think it will stay that way?

Because I already have 6 LL credits in AOS. It would be nice if FIN-301 comes in as UL, but neither ACE nor NCCRS recommend that. Have you heard of it coming in as UL?

I'm sorry, I guess I was confused by your original post.  You said that the eval came in and had the courses there.  I guess you're saying they put FIN-200 there, and you're planning on taking a different Prin of Finance that comes in as UL to put in the AOS?

If so, yes, there are Prin of Finance courses that come in as UL, although I would ask if you can do that.

DSST, Penn Foster, Davar - all are UL.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Study.com FIN-104 (Financial Mgmt) came in as FIN-200, and is now in Core Finance.

Study.com FIN-101 (Principles of Finance) came in as FIN-301 and was in Core Finance, now it is in my AOS. Since I already have 6 LL credits in there, seems to me either TESU made a mistake, or they are saying Study.com´s Principles of Finance is good for 3 UL credits. That would be awesome. Given that Davar and others have their Principles of Finance transferred as UL (as you pointed out), it seems reasonable that Study.com´s should be as well.

SO, it would seem Study.com Financial Management went from 2 LL finance, to 3 LL finance that will satisfy Core Finance. And Study.com Principles of Finance went from just satisfying Core Finance to now being 3 UL finance. And an FYI, Study.com Intro to Entrepreneurship, rather than 2 LL, came in as 3 LL management.
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
(02-22-2018, 11:13 AM)StoicJ Wrote: Study.com FIN-104 (Financial Mgmt) came in as FIN-200, and is now in Core Finance.

Study.com FIN-101 (Principles of Finance) came in as FIN-301 and was in Core Finance, now it is in my AOS. Since I already have 6 LL credits in there, seems to me either TESU made a mistake, or they are saying Study.com´s Principles of Finance is good for 3 UL credits. That would be awesome. Given that Davar and others have their Principles of Finance transferred as UL (as you pointed out), it seems reasonable that Study.com´s should be as well.

SO, it would seem Study.com Financial Management went from 2 LL finance, to 3 LL finance that will satisfy Core Finance. And Study.com Principles of Finance went from just satisfying Core Finance to now being 3 UL finance. And an FYI, Study.com Intro to Entrepreneurship, rather than 2 LL, came in as 3 LL management.

I'm not really certain what's going on with the eval at this point.

Study.com's FIN101: Prin of Finance is in the ACE database as 3cr LL, and on the TESU transfer sheet as FIN-200 3cr.
Study.com's FIN104: Financial Management is in the ACE database as 2cr LL, and on the TESU transfer sheet as FIN-200 3cr.

So TESU says they duplicate.

Normally, I would say that you should trust your eval, but in this instance, I'm going to say that someone made a mistake that might be caught on the graduation audit, and you're going to be screwed right when you think you're done.  So, you either need to have a plan for what to do if that happens (like take a couple of days off of work and take a different UL course), or just hope that it never comes to that.

I wouldn't take the chance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • StoicJ
(02-22-2018, 12:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm not really certain what's going on with the eval at this point.

Study.com's FIN101: Prin of Finance is in the ACE database as 3cr LL, and on the TESU transfer sheet as FIN-200 3cr.
Study.com's FIN104: Financial Management is in the ACE database as 2cr LL, and on the TESU transfer sheet as FIN-200 3cr.

Normally, I would say that you should trust your eval, but in this instance, I'm going to say that someone made a mistake that might be caught on the graduation audit, and you're going to be screwed right when you think you're done.  So, you either need to have a plan for what to do if that happens (like take a couple of days off of work and take a different UL course), or just hope that it never comes to that.

I agree. I am going to continue on with my plan, which is to complete the 4 UL on my list. I would like to not do all the papers for one of the UL classes I am working on now, but graduation is closing in and I do not want surprises. I guess what I was hoping is that some other folks had recent evals similar to mine.
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
(02-22-2018, 12:39 PM)StoicJ Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 12:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm not really certain what's going on with the eval at this point.

I agree. I am going to continue on with my plan, which is to complete the 4 UL on my list. I would like to not do all the papers for one of the UL classes I am working on now, but graduation is closing in and I do not want surprises. I guess what I was hoping is that some other folks had recent evals similar to mine.

TESU did the eval of the Study.com courses and downgraded a lot of them back in November/December, with a change date of 1/1/18, plus the Financial Management course is fairly new - and since TESU said it's a duplicate, most people aren't going to take both courses, which means you're not going to get much feedback from someone who took both (since it's likely no one has).

But I will say that if you take a course that has both a LL and UL option (maybe the same course name at your CC and then again at your 4-yr school), TESU will call the LL course a different name than the UL course, and you should get credit for both - one will go in the core, and one in the AOS, or whatever.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • StoicJ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,284 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,322 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore