Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA-HR: UL HR Electives for AoS
I spoke to an advisor about upper level HR electives for the BSBA-HR AoS, and here is what she said:

CSU Global SSA:
  • Compensation and Performance Management HRM350S (3 credits) > Transfers in as HRM-341
  • Creating a Diverse and Ethical Workforce HRM435S[i] (3 credits) > [/i]Transfers in as MAN-309
  • Recruitment, Selection, and Employee Development HRM440S > Transfers in as LAS-400. She said it does NOT transfer in as an HR elective. She didn't say why but I believe it duplicates with either another course I transferred in or the Human Resources Management requirement. If you haven't taken anything similar you might want to ask.
  • Organizational Development HRM460S (3 credits)  The only other HR exam, I did not receive an equivalency for this. I did not ask because I know it overlaps with another course I have.
Study.com:
  • BUS 314 Employment Law > Transfers in as LAW-340
  • BUS 304 Leading Organizational Change > Transfers in as LDR-345
  • BUS 319 Negotiation and Conflict Management > Transfers in as NEG-401

She said 2 from CSU (Compensation and Diversity) and 2 from Study.com (Employment Law and Org Change) could be used as some of my UL HR electives, and she approved me to select from those 4, but, if you are looking for electives, make sure to get them pre-approved first before you take them.

Hope that helps someone.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
It's strange that they won't take Recruitment, Selection & Employee Development (LAS-400), because that's the same prefix as Labor Relations which is specifically listed on the website as an HR Elective.

Just an FYI, I took Project Management and they accepted it.

The following should also all work:
BUS 306: Strategic Human Resources Management (HRM-362)
BUS 302: Foundations of Leadership (LDR-305)
BUS 305: Leadership Communication (MAN-376)
BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior (MAN-312)
BUS 313: Organizational Communication (COM-391)
BUS 324: Managerial Communication (MAN-373)
BUS 323: Organizational Theory (PSY-360)
HCM 310: Human Resource Management in Healthcare
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Muldoon
(11-29-2018, 12:51 AM)dfrecore Wrote: It's strange that they won't take Recruitment, Selection & Employee Development (LAS-400), because that's the same prefix as Labor Relations which is specifically listed on the website as an HR Elective.

I thought it was strange too, but didn't feel like fighting it since I have several other options to choose from. But in any case, I just checked the academic catalog for CSU-Global, and it lists this course:

HRM300 Principles of Human Resource Management (3 credits)
Introduction to the development and management of an organization's human resources, with emphasis on planning for the screening, selection, orientation and training of employees. Additional topics include performance appraisal, compensation, benefits, equal employment opportunity, incentives and rewards. This course is a replacement course for MGT440 as of the 2013-2014 Spring-A term. Students cannot receive credit for both these courses.

There is no MGT-440 in the catalog, only HRM-440. If 300 HRM is a replacement for 440 Recruitment, that explains why they wouldn't take it for me as an elective (I've already met the HRM requirement with a different class, and it looks like these duplicate).

However, if someone had not already met the HRM requirement, I would guess they might accept 440 there.

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

I just completed 313 and I am currently doing 305. 

Definitely recommend 313, as it is pretty short.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
I have a question, if I take Organizational Theory and they apply it to that in the audit does that count towards AOS UL course? Or do I need to take a different one to fulfill both?
(11-29-2018, 04:03 PM)hrriggs03 Wrote: I have a question, if I take Organizational Theory and they apply it to that in the audit does that count towards AOS UL course? Or do I need to take a different one to fulfill both?

Yes. The HR AoS Requirements are 18 units and include:

• Human Resource Management (3)
  • Organizational Behavior (3)
  • Organizational Theory OR Organizational Development and Change (3)
  • Electives (9 units)

You just need to have 12 of those 18 units UL (basically 4 out of 6 classes), so your Org Theory (if UL) will count.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 5 93 1 hour ago
Last Post: jch
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,561 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 610 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 506 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 531 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,325 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 250 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az