Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - BSBA Plan Review Help?
Hey all,
I have actually been on the site for quite a while but never posted anything. I have been progressing very nicely thanks to all your help.
I put together a spreadsheet with a plan I have created based on the site. I was hoping for any thoughts or suggestions to it? I am honestly open to any ideas or changes at all so dont be shy! It includes what i have completed already from my old university (20 years ago) and the latest stuff. The highlighted Yellow are what i still need to complete.

Also, I have based this on TESU but have no problem if someone thinks there is a faster degree from COSC or anything else.
Also, Also, I hope this plan may help some others since the review of everyones hard work has really helped me a lot :-)

thanks in advance.
Jeff

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">jplan1-bsba.xlsx (Size: 80.88 KB / Downloads: 0)
For Ethics, you might want to do the free course instead: Preserve the trust on which insurance transactions are based with an understanding of ethics

For info lit, you can take Technical Writing (DSST or TECEP), or A&I Lit (CLEP) as your easiest choices

For Financial Accounting, are you certain that Acct241 Intr Theory I comes in as Acc-101? If not, you could move that to the GM AOS and take SL's Accounting I

For Managerial Accounting, you should take SL's Accounting II (not their Managerial Accounting)

For Principles of Finance, you can also take the DSST or PF's Financial Management or UExcel

I don't think Business Ethics in Society counts for your Business Core, you may want to double-check that - if not, take the Business in Society TECEP or TCC's International Business

For Macroecon, I don't think a general Econ course will count - it has to specifically be Macroecon - you may want to double check. If this is the case, you can move that course to GenEd.

For General Management (AOS):
You can take SL's Managerial Accounting, which comes in as ACC-303
You can take SL's Financial Accounting which comes in as ACC-202
You can take Organizational Behavior DSST (MAN-311)
You can take Human Resource Management DSST (MAN-331)
You need either a MAR or FIN course

For Free Electives, it's much faster to take the Kaplan PLA course than the 2 TEEX courses (and still free): https://opencollege.kaplan.com/opencollege/LRC100/
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks dfrecore.
You thoughts are much appreciated!
Quote:I put together a spreadsheet with a plan I have created based on the site. I was hoping for any thoughts or suggestions to it? I am honestly open to any ideas or changes at all so dont be shy!

Quote:I don't think Business Ethics in Society counts for your Business Core, you may want to double-check that...

DSST Business Ethics and Society fulfills Area G until December 31, 2016. But I'd get it pre-approved by TESU now, just to be safe. There was at least one other person here who had some kind of issue with this. But for me, it worked.

I see that you have two DSSTs in your plan. My signature has a link describing how to purchase two DSSTs and get the third free. They are normally $80/ea, but this brings the cost to about $53/ea. If you did this, you could use the third for one of your business electives. Example: Principles of Supervision. DSST exam list: http://getcollegecredit.com/assets/pdf/D...m_List.pdf
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
Thx tesu-acct-student, appreciate your additional insight.
ok, sorry to bug again but....
I have updated my degree plan based on some of the suggestions I have been given (much appreciated). There are a few things I am not clear on tho...

- What classes/exams fall under Strategic Management?
- Does Personal Finance (seems like an easy class) from Straighterline satisfy my FIN requirement in my BA AOS?
- I understand the Residency fee but What is it I need to take from TESU in order to qualify to graduate? The Capstone or something like that? I searched their site but did not see that name in the classes.

Thanks to all I feel like i am very close to getting my plan complete and then completed!
As usual, I am open to any or all suggestions.

See attached updated plan.
for note: the WIU classes listed are where the TESU transcript review counselor placed them. They counted my Business Psychology class as upper level which helps me :-)

Thanks
jlearn

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">j_plan_updated.xlsx (Size: 14.86 KB / Downloads: 0)
jlearn25 Wrote:ok, sorry to bug again but....
I have updated my degree plan based on some of the suggestions I have been given (much appreciated). There are a few things I am not clear on tho...

- What classes/exams fall under Strategic Management?
- Does Personal Finance (seems like an easy class) from Straighterline satisfy my FIN requirement in my BA AOS?
- I understand the Residency fee but What is it I need to take from TESU in order to qualify to graduate? The Capstone or something like that? I searched their site but did not see that name in the classes.

Thanks to all I feel like i am very close to getting my plan complete and then completed!
As usual, I am open to any or all suggestions.

See attached updated plan.
for note: the WIU classes listed are where the TESU transcript review counselor placed them. They counted my Business Psychology class as upper level which helps me :-)

Thanks
jlearn

Strategic Management is the Business degree capstone course - it's the only one that actually lets you test out of the capstone (which makes for the least expensive degree available). You can take the TECEP, the PF course, or the CSU-Global Business Policy & Strategy course to satisfy the requirement - although they are changing this policy of accepting outside courses, so you'll want to get it pre-approved before you take one of those.

Personal Finance definitely won't satisfy the FIN requirement. You can take any FIN TECEP, the PF Corporate Finance course, or the Money & Banking DSST exam. BTW, there is no specific FIN requirement - you have to take 3 out of the 4 areas, so if you were to take something in ACC, MAN & MAR, you could skip FIN. Or however you choose to do it.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thx, I was hoping the FIN would work for my requirement :-)
So do i need to take anything at TESU or can i just transfer in my credits and pay the residency fee?
thx
jlearn25 Wrote:Thx, I was hoping the FIN would work for my requirement :-)
So do i need to take anything at TESU or can i just transfer in my credits and pay the residency fee?
thx

There is a GPA requirement, that should be satisfied by taking the cornerstone.
It's the cheapest option at $300, or a 1 credit course at $499.
I know which one I'll be taking, hopefully it's easy and painless...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
jlearn25 Wrote:Thx, I was hoping the FIN would work for my requirement :-)
thx

Yes, you can transfer everything for the business degree. If they require a 1cr Cornerstone (new requirement coming but no one knows anything about it yet), then you will have to take that. Probably a 4-week course, but it's not available yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,022 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,687 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,175 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,693 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,754 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,375 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,622 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,346 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,406 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,886 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore