Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA Question
Hi all,
For a BSBA degree at TESU, it says you need College Algebra as the math general education requirement.  Would any other math satisfy that such as PreCalc (Mat129)?  The reason I ask is because I followed the TESU/STUDY partnership agreement and completed MAT 103 which was supposed to transfer in as MAT 121 COLLEGE ALGEBRA and they said now it transfers in as MAT 129 PRECALC.  

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.
Have you already applied and had the evaluation done, or are you getting answers over the phone?  If it has posted to your official evaluation as MAT 129 Precal, then you should argue it.  It is clearly on the transfer agreement as coming in as MAT 121 College Algebra.  If you have not applied, and therefore don't have an official evaluation yet - you're getting bad information from TESU (they are likely going by description not the equivalency agreement). It is very unlikely they have increased a lower # study.com to a TESU higher course's value (https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

MAT 103 should come in as MAT-121, but if it came in as MAT-129, that's fine too. The requirement is College Algebra or higher, of which Precalc is. You will still needs Stats in addition to MAT-121/129.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hello,
I ended up doing the credit banking option since time is of the essence. I submitted all my study.com courses and they gave me a problem with MAT 97 and MAT 103. At first, they were trying to say MAT 97 is remedial worth no credits. I showed them both the email from TESU as well at the study.com link about the course equivalencies that it transfers in as MAT 105 worth 4 credits. The other problem they gave me was MAT 103 which is CLEARLY transferred in as MAT 121 COLLEGE ALGEBRA. They said the dates changes with that MAT 103 course and it should really be PreCalc but I showed them again the partnership agreement as well as the email they sent me from an evaluator.

Long story short, after 2 days going back and forth with them, sending emails, phone calls, sending them the TESU/STUDY partnership website, past emails, they made it right and transferred in everything as stated on the agreement.

About 2 months and 1 week from starting study.com and taking Stats through SL, and I now have 16 math credits all for only $100 ($100 cost was from SL, had a coupon for a free class). I originally needed 12 and I was able to get 4 more credits to top it off!

Thanks everyone as always - you are an INVALUABLE resource to many on here.
(05-23-2018, 06:28 PM)acamp Wrote: Hello,
I ended up doing the credit banking option since time is of the essence.   I submitted all my study.com courses and they gave me a problem with MAT 97 and MAT 103.  At first, they were trying to say MAT 97 is remedial worth no credits.  I showed them both the email from TESU as well at the study.com link about the course equivalencies that it transfers in as MAT 105 worth 4 credits.   The other problem they gave me was MAT 103 which is CLEARLY transferred in as MAT 121 COLLEGE ALGEBRA.   They said the dates changes with that MAT 103 course and it should really be PreCalc but I showed them again the partnership agreement as well as the email they sent me from an evaluator.  

Long story short, after 2 days going back and forth with them, sending emails, phone calls, sending them the TESU/STUDY partnership website, past emails, they made it right and transferred in everything as stated on the agreement.

About 2 months and 1 week from starting study.com and taking Stats through SL, and I now have 16 math credits all for only $100 ($100 cost was from SL, had a coupon for a free class).   I originally needed 12 and I was able to get 4 more credits to top it off!

I'm still not sure why the MAT 103 class would have been a problem, as you need College Algebra or higher and Precalc is higher.  It would have worked in your degree plan.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-23-2018, 07:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 06:28 PM)acamp Wrote: Hello,
I ended up doing the credit banking option since time is of the essence.   I submitted all my study.com courses and they gave me a problem with MAT 97 and MAT 103.  At first, they were trying to say MAT 97 is remedial worth no credits.  I showed them both the email from TESU as well at the study.com link about the course equivalencies that it transfers in as MAT 105 worth 4 credits.   The other problem they gave me was MAT 103 which is CLEARLY transferred in as MAT 121 COLLEGE ALGEBRA.   They said the dates changes with that MAT 103 course and it should really be PreCalc but I showed them again the partnership agreement as well as the email they sent me from an evaluator.  

About 2 months and 1 week from starting study.com and taking Stats through SL, and I now have 16 math credits all for only $100 ($100 cost was from SL, had a coupon for a free class).   I originally needed 12 and I was able to get 4 more credits to top it off!

I'm still not sure why the MAT 103 class would have been a problem, as you need College Algebra or higher and Precalc is higher.  It would have worked in your degree plan.

Hello,
For two reasons - I didn't know if Mat129 PreCalc would have been accepted since online I thought it read COLLEGE ALGEBRA required and I didn't get the info back in time.  And secondly,  I may do another course through STUDY.COM that transfers into TESU as PreCalc Mat129.  I didn't want any issues down the road since MAT 105 for study should transfer in as 4-credits MAT 129.   

Long story short, I was potentially trying to prevent any further problems down the road  =)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,967 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,656 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,091 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,629 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,723 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,335 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,583 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,317 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,368 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,854 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore