Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - BSBA in Marketing
Rainbow 
Hi guys!

I took a hiatus for a few years or so, but I'm now working for an employer who offers $6,000 in education reimbursements and I need to submit 2022 education costs for budget planning next year. 

Here's where I left off:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

I understand a few things have changed since I've been gone (Umm... ACE is no longer around? Heh) 
The Aleks courses I completed before they were no longer accepted, so hopefully TESU will still be cool with accepting those. Their policy at the time was they were still accepting ALEKS credits from years past, before the new rule set in. 

I'm wondering if there's a requirement for how any TECEPS I need to take -- I feel like there's a minimum I need to take, but I can't remember what the minimum is/why I would need a minimum -- is it for cost savings, or am I just making this up and not remembering correctly?

Anyway, any "catch up" advice would be absolutely appreciated!! THANK YOU!!!!
Working on my BABA in Marketing from UMPI.
Check out my path & progress here!
ACE is definitely still around. Except now transcripts are on the Credly system. Check this for information on how to get your course(s) transcribed: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ca...%26_Credly

ALEKS was renewed, so they're good again. But, even if they weren't, TESU should have accepted them.

You MUST take 30 RA credits now. 6 of these can be the capstone/cornerstone. The rest can come from TECEPs or other RA sources. Check https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap and also https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan for course suggestions.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Problems/questions with courses you've taken:
1) ENGL 104: College Composition I - when did you complete this? That will make a difference on whether it's accepted or not
2) Align Degree Interpersonal Communications - no longer available, so you can't get the credits to TESU (they can't put it on Credly)
3) Free ethics 2 credit - same as #2
4) Dale Carnegie 1 credit ceu - unless this is ACE and you can get it on Credly, it won't work (CEU's are not considered college-credit)
5) KAPLAN PLA - same as #2
6) Penn Foster Strategic Business Management - can't use as capstone, and can't use in MAR concentration, so it will be a Free Elective
7) Study.com Eng 103 as Info Lit - no longer available as an option, this will have to be taken as cornerstone at TESU, A&I Lit can be used as Humanities requirement instead

Problems with courses you have planned:
1) Study.com English 105 - do ENGL 205: English Composition II instead; or take the TECEP for some RA credit
2) Saylor's POLSC101: Intro to Political Science can't be used as Civic Engagement requirement (I don't think), but it can be used for Free Elective
3) Saylor's POLSC201: Intro to Western Political Thought will move from general KHC to new KHC/SocSci requirement
4) Saylor's COMM001: Principles of Human Communication - you don't need this
5) Study.com FIN 101: Principles of Finance must be replaced with FIN 104: Financial Management
6) new Quantitative Skills for Business requirement in the Core can be done using CSMLearn (ACE)

So, I would get the new requirements set up (GE changed, a couple other things) and fix your spreadsheet.

Then, I would read up on here about the new requirements, including having to bring in 24cr of RA, and plan those into the degree. Once you have the requirements and the RA credits planned, everything else will fall into place.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • striker321
Are you dead set on a TESU BSBA Marketing? Or are you looking for alternatives?  If you have ACE/NCCRS credits that can be transferred, I would recommend going for a BLS or a BABA at UMPI if you have practically no commitments and many hours in a day to work on courses.  Otherwise, paying by term may cost more than remaining at TESU.  Another option is to see if the COSC option would be cheaper, easier, faster...  

In any case, you should look at Sophia.org vs Saylor.org for your general education requirements, as they have sale by the end of this month at $40/month all you can take, 2 courses at a time, it's non-proctored and open book.  I suggest investing in a second monitor to multi-task and find your answers in the provided course materials & PDFs.  Good luck, have fun... decide on the degree/school and reply back...

If you're just looking for a BSBA without concentration, use Sophia.org for LL and Davar for UL. Sophia Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
If you want a snapshot of a degree plan, read this post and the link from Jan 2021, all the required course recommendations are there, take the exact courses as per the post - least amount of written assignments/essays.  In other words, it's cheapest/easiest/fastest to select these courses over Study.com or another provider.  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid336902

Note: My spreadsheet in the link is from Jan 2021, they made a change for electives, you have more "flexibility" for general education, instead of 6 credits free electives, you can now take 15 credits.  Link: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/Current/...nistration You should do a mix of both Sophia.org and Davar, skipping Study.com unless you need a course that is not offered at Davar or Sophia.org, from looking at the excel spreadsheet above, you can complete the remaining courses using these recommended providers.  It's up to you though which provider to select from, here's a breakdown of what is required.

Davar for Upper Level: They use Powerpoint presentations or slides, you just go through the entire package of materials they give you and test on that, there are no textbooks you need, even though some courses they recommend you go through a textbook, everything is on 1 test - just pass this test with a 70% or higher and you're done, some have short answer questions also, just 3-4 sentences in addition to the multiple choice and the exam is completed.  For business courses, it's $99 for 2, and $15/each exam proctor with RPnow, So select RPNow as proctor!  

Sophia.org for Lower Level: They use biometric technology for proctoring, no webcam use.  Everything is open book, it's pretty similar to SL/Study.com, you need 70% to pass, each course basically is quizzes, exams, and assignments (if the course has assignments).  I highly recommend them now for Lower Level, bypassing StraighterLine altogether.  Sophia is $79/month, unlimited courses; however, you can only take 2 courses at a time, if you finish quickly, keep adding courses!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yes, if you've not been doing this for several years, you've missed out on a lot of the options available now.

I'd look at UMPI's BABA w/Marketing concentration.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Have you considered UMPI's BA in Business Administration with Marketing concentration? I'm completing this concentration right now. One great thing about this concentration is that all of the marketing courses are offered each term this academic year.

https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ba-busi...eting.aspx
Thanks for all of the helpful advice!! I'm totally down to switch things up! I can get going with changing up my plan, thanks for the links -- what's the minimum amount of courses that UMPI requires you to take -- or do they allow all credits to be transferred in? Haha, that sounds crazy -- I'm sure there's a minimum.

I have a pretty demanding job (in a good way, it's good work) and 4 young kids, so I'm pretty busy -- the least amount of hours I need to devote the better, even if it costs more. Sophia sounds perfect! I'll start working on changing up this plan this evening. Big Grin

UMPI BABA - MKT, here I come! Ha!

PS -- I signed up for Credly, but I'm unsure how to request the credits from ACE to Credly (I sent a note to ACE already, though)

THANK YOU!!!!!!
Working on my BABA in Marketing from UMPI.
Check out my path & progress here!
For SDC, Sophia, StraighterLine, etc. credits, the fastest way to get them to Credly is to send them yourself using the instructions on the wiki. For Shmoop, The Institutes, and other sources that no longer grant credit, you're out of luck.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
@OP, I would follow the Sophia.org courses I linked in my previous post above, complete those that transfer to UMPI and do not duplicate your current work. Note: You can transfer in at max 90 credits vs 114 at TESU, but the courses at UMPI are much easier, faster than the Capstone/Cornerstone combo at TESU. I would work on these Sophia.org courses and then get everything evaluated at UMPI. You should take a language course if you don't have one already.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
InstantCert arguably has the fastest/easiest Spanish credit. Or you could take the CLEPs if you're fluent in Spanish/Italian/German.

You'll also need a science-with-a-lab for UMPI. I see several science courses but I don't see one that has a lab. The cheapest/easiest way to do that is Biology 101L from Study.com, but it appears that almost any science will do as long as it's 4 credits. 3 credit science courses don't count.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 112 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 105 04-23-2024, 11:36 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 141 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,260 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 268 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 222 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 425 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 495 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,111 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 813 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts