Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA now requires 18cr UL (NEW)
They changed it at some point, possibly even as far back as July 1st, without any fanfare or even a note to tell people of the change. https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/Current/...quirements

You need 12cr of UL in the AoS (unchanged), and 6cr of UL in the core.  The capstone will count for 3cr of that, leaving 1 add'l 3cr UL course in the core.

Here are some possibilities (but haven't had any confirmed):

UL Managerial Comm instead of LL Business Comm
UL Global Business instead of LL Int'l Business
Computers - possibly MIS (CIS-301)?
Prin of Management - since their own course is LL, not certain if they'll take UL from another school/course provider
Prin of Marketing - since their own course is LL, not certain if they'll take UL from another school/course provider
Print of Finance - since their own course is LL, not certain if they'll take UL from another school/course provider

Ones I know they won't do:
Financial Acct (ACC-101)
Managerial Acct (ACC-102)
Business Law (LAW-201)
Macroecon (ECO-111)
Microecon (ECO-112)
Prin of Stats (STA-201)
Quant Business Analysis (BUS-210)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Dorothy44, jch, thecontrarian
You need 18UL for technical studies degree.  I think for all other BS programs also except BSBA. 

For BSBA degrees, I'm still showing it is 12 UL.  They put the capstone in the professional business requirements section.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-28-2022, 05:28 PM)LevelUP Wrote: You need 18UL for technical studies degree.  I think for all other BS programs also except BSBA. 

For BSBA degrees, I'm still showing it is 12 UL.  They put the capstone in the professional business requirements section.

Did you look at my link?

School of Business and Management Upper Level Degree Policy
Require that baccalaureate students complete a minimum of 18 credits at the upper level (300 level or higher). Twelve upper-level credits in the area of study and six upper-level credits in the Business Core which includes the Capstone course.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-28-2022, 06:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 05:28 PM)LevelUP Wrote: You need 18UL for technical studies degree.  I think for all other BS programs also except BSBA. 

Did you look at my link?

Require that baccalaureate students complete a minimum of 18 credits at the upper level (300 level or higher). Twelve upper-level credits in the area of study and six upper-level credits in the Business Core which includes the Capstone course.

I saw the link, then ran the academic evaluation to see if something changed.

I'm not sure what they mean by this policy.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-28-2022, 06:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 06:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Did you look at my link?

I saw the link, then ran the academic evaluation to see if something changed.

I'm not sure what they mean by this policy.

It means that at least one of the Core/Professional Business Requirements courses needs to be an UL; prior to this rule, all of those could be LL.
It's been a minimum of 18 upper-level credits since at least the 2020-2021 catalog year: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/2020-202...quirements

University Area of Study Upper Level Degree Policy

Require that baccalaureate students complete a minimum of 18 credits at the upper level (300 level or higher) within the area of study, which includes the Capstone course.

Require that baccalaureate students complete a minimum of 18 credits at the upper level (300 level or higher). Twelve (12) upper level credits in the Area of Study and six (6) upper level credits in the Business Core which includes the Capstone course.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
has TESU officially updated which study.com courses they are accepting ?
if so, anybody got a link
(01-28-2022, 08:19 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: It's been a minimum of 18 upper-level credits since at least the 2020-2021 catalog year: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/2020-202...quirements

Require that baccalaureate students complete a minimum of 18 credits at the upper level (300 level or higher) within the area of study, which includes the Capstone course.

Require that baccalaureate students complete a minimum of 18 credits at the upper level (300 level or higher). Twelve (12) upper level credits in the Area of Study and six (6) upper level credits in the Business Core which includes the Capstone course.

I already put in that link, as well as the wording that applied.

My main point was that they changed a requirement for a degree, and didn't bother to try to get the info out to anyone.  It's just kind of silly to make a change like this and not have it on the page for the actual degree requirements.  It's been 12cr of UL in the AoS for a very long time (it was 12cr of UL in the specialization back in the 2014 catalog that I was in, so that was 8 years at least), you'd think they'd want to let people know.
(01-28-2022, 09:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 08:19 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: It's been a minimum of 18 upper-level credits since at least the 2020-2021 catalog year: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/2020-202...quirements

I already put in that link, as well as the wording that applied.

My main point was that they changed a requirement for a degree, and didn't bother to try to get the info out to anyone.  It's just kind of silly to make a change like this and not have it on the page for the actual degree requirements.  It's been 12cr of UL in the AoS for a very long time (it was 12cr of UL in the specialization back in the 2014 catalog that I was in, so that was 8 years at least), you'd think they'd want to let people know.

The link I posted is from the previous catalog (2020-2021) and not the current catalog. I didn't go back any further, but I'm saying it's not new to 2021-2022.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Thanks for the heads up dfrecore.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 74 Today, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 50 5,250 Yesterday, 09:25 AM
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 753 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 228 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,616 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 638 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 568 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 287 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,337 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 256 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM