Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU CIS: System Analysis & Design
I might have asked this before, but I'm really trying to hone in my final degree plan. I'm curious however if there are other options for this requirement other than the ones always mentioned? I'd prefer not to take the course through TESU and although I might give the CSU exam a shot, I'm a nervous wreck usually during exams like that. Surely there has to be another college that offers a similar class online to fill this right?
tsimmns Wrote:I might have asked this before, but I'm really trying to hone in my final degree plan. I'm curious however if there are other options for this requirement other than the ones always mentioned? I'd prefer not to take the course through TESU and although I might give the CSU exam a shot, I'm a nervous wreck usually during exams like that. Surely there has to be another college that offers a similar class online to fill this right?

you have two attempts at the CSU exam.
and the CSU exams give you all the study material needed as well, i believe.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Do either of you know if there is a wait time for a re-take o the CSU exam?
There will always be other options for a course, it's just a matter of cost.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
tsimmns Wrote:Do either of you know if there is a wait time for a re-take o the CSU exam?

I took the CSU exam twice and there was no wait time (no additional fees for retake either). The reason I had to take it twice is because I didn't read the book the first time around and just went through the online practice quizzes...which doesn't really help with the final exam.

AMU's course is another alternative, but costs a lot more than CSU and has more work:
https://www.apus.edu/schedule-classes/sc...se/entd311
The course I took for my Associates at the local CC transferred in for that requirement.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Nixi Wrote:I took the CSU exam twice and there was no wait time (no additional fees for retake either). The reason I had to take it twice is because I didn't read the book the first time around and just went through the online practice quizzes...which doesn't really help with the final exam.

AMU's course is another alternative, but costs a lot more than CSU and has more work:
https://www.apus.edu/schedule-classes/sc...se/entd311

Is it documented that the AMU course works? I asked about it a while back, but I imagine no one has ever had it planned into their TESU degree. I guess I could always email TESU and quit being lazy but that's what makes this forum great as usually someone has the answers to my dumb questions.
If it weren't for the CSU CBE, I would have taken the course through Adams State University for about $600. It was the cheapest option I could find for knocking out that requirement and the upper level credit requirement.

For the CBEs, I recommend focusing more on the slides rather than the practice quizzes and tests.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,289 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,317 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore