Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU CIT questions on coursework and credits.
Hey guys! I’m new to this form and I wish I would have found it before I started TESU.
I’ve browsed the WIKI here, It has great information but I still have some questions.

I’m currently looking at their https://www.tesu.edu/ast/asast/Computer-...nology.cfm

I had their academic evaluation done on my transcripts from community college. They are giving me 12 out of the 30 I have sent in. I had some pretty horrendous grades on there.

Information Literacy 3 SH
World Religions (Credit from CC)

Diversity 3 SH
Into to Sociology (Credit from CC)

Human Cultures 6SH
Western Civ 1 (Credit from CC)
General Psychology (Credit from CC)

Those are the class’s they are willing to give me. At the end of this evaluation I have these class’s listed with TE besides them. I assume TE means Transfer Credit?

Abnormal Psychology
Ethical Hacking
English Comp  
Western Civ II
Popular music 20th Century.

Does this mean they transferred and didn’t fit into a category?

I've looked around the forms and it seems like Study.com and straighterline are my best bet for general class’s to transfer over. What are the best websites for computer class’s and math?

I’m finishing up my A+ in November/December and I was thinking I could apply that as well to this degree but I’m not sure what they would give me.

I was thinking of doing the PLA class’s and what not, but it seems more effective to test out and transfer class’s in. At least that's what I've been reading. 

I’m looking for the most cost effective way I can complete this degree.

Thank you for the help.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
First, I want to say that I'm not a fan of TESU's AA, as I think it's too expensive. That $2500 residency waiver is a lot of money to spend. For this degree in particular, with the Associates Capstone, that's another $1500. Then, Data Structures and Operating Systems can't be tested out of, you're going to spend at least $800 per course for those if you can find them elsewhere, otherwise they are $1500 each at TESU. Physics II w/Lab is going to cost another $400ish. Yikes. That's a lot for an AA. You can get a BSBA in CIS for less, and a BA in Computer Science, or a BS in IT for a similar price to the AA, so it's a real waste of money (IMHO).

Second, TESU is not great about giving credit for certs, so you may want to look at COSC and EC as well. And WGU for the 4-yr degree.

Fundamentals of IT & C++ can be found at SL. Network Tech is a TECEP at TESU. CIT electives can be found at Saylor, DSST, Ed4Credit, etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Life_One
If you have a lot of certs, you might want to think about getting the WV BOG AAS, then transfer to WGU. That way you can have an associate's soon, then get the benefits of the WGU block transfer of associate's degrees.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • jsd, Life_One
Thank you both for the information.

@dfrecore I had no idea there was a residency wavier fee. Thank you for heads up on that and the information about that degree. I will look into something different for that amount of money.

@Davewill that’s great information to have. Currently I am working on passing the A+, I will most likely follow up with the network + or CEH cert. Then apply them to wherever I am going. I have had a good experience with WGU as well.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore