Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Classes, Credits and What to do? Need Advice.
Can someone please help me with figuring out my classes and where to take them? I am working on a degree from TESU for a BSBA in CIS. I don’t feel I am getting the best information from the advisor. I know you guys will know the best route. I need 10 more credits for the General Education Electives.  I haven’t started my Degree Electives but some classes I have already completed. I am considering switching to Liberal Arts just to finish the degree up. I can just get certified in CIS or Computer Programming from there. I really want the BSBA in CIS. That would make me happy but I don’t want to be stressed over it. Is that a good idea? Please let me know your suggestions. Attached is my new updated advisory of credits. I haven't taken Biology or Environmental Science. 

I emailed the advisor the following:
Regarding the General Education Electives, I am considering taking the following courses through Sophia Learning. Please let me know if they will be approved for credit, how many credits I must fulfill, and in what areas.

Taking Charge of Your Economic Future (3)
Project Management (3)
Project Management (3)
Ancient Greek Philosophers (3)

I am aware I can take one of these Human Biology and/or Environmental Science for General Electives.

Will either or both of these courses apply to my Core:

Introduction to Relational Databases (3)
Introduction to Web Development (3)

She responded with:
Unfortunately, none of the options listed are approved for general education or Natural World. The only option that may work is the Sophia course, Ancient Greek Philosophers, but its ACE recommendation for credit has expired. If it's not renewed for credit, then we can't accept it in transfer.

Attached Files
.pdf   NEW STUDENT ADVISOR CREDIT ALLOCATIONS.pdf (Size: 574.71 KB / Downloads: 25)
(06-22-2021, 06:16 PM)Risingstar Wrote: Can someone please help me with figuring out my classes and where to take them? I am working on a degree from TESU for a BSBA in CIS. I don’t feel I am getting the best information from the advisor. I know you guys will know the best route. I need 10 more credits for the General Education Electives.  I haven’t started my Degree Electives but some classes I have already completed. I am considering switching to Liberal Arts just to finish the degree up. I can just get certified in CIS or Computer Programming from there. I really want the BSBA in CIS. That would make me happy but I don’t want to be stressed over it. Is that a good idea? Please let me know your suggestions. Attached is my new updated advisory of credits. I haven't taken Biology or Environmental Science. 

Regarding the General Education Electives, I am considering taking the following courses through Sophia Learning. Please let me know if they will be approved for credit, how many credits I must fulfill, and in what areas.

Project Management (3)
Project Management (3)

I am aware I can take one of these Human Biology and/or Environmental Science for General Electives.

She responded with:
Unfortunately, none of the options listed are approved for general education or Natural World. The only option that may work is the Sophia course, Ancient Greek Philosophers, but its ACE recommendation for credit has expired. If it's not renewed for credit, then we can't accept it in transfer.
The ancient greek course has been renewed until 2024 so you're good to take it.
Also take a look at this thread

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=36982

Some of the courses you want to take wont transfer in.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Please see the following pages on the wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap and https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Taking Charge of Your Economic Future comes in as a free elective. The BSBA CIS has 6 free electives available. However, I really strongly recommend taking this class even if it doesn't fit into any available slot in your degree plan. There is a ton of good information in this course.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Pause for a second, decide on the degree, I would finish all the general education electives if you can't decide on a degree yet as both a BALS/BSBA will require the same general education requirements. But do not go any further, you want to make sure you're taking courses that go towards either of the degrees before continuing...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Last time we talked, you needed to figure out where 18 of your 30 RA credits were coming from. Did you do that yet? You have 6 from previous institution and will get another 6 from TESU (cornerstone/capstone).
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(06-22-2021, 06:16 PM)Risingstar Wrote: Can someone please help me with figuring out my classes and where to take them? I am working on a degree from TESU for a BSBA in CIS. I don’t feel I am getting the best information from the advisor. I know you guys will know the best route. I need 10 more credits for the General Education Electives.  I haven’t started my Degree Electives but some classes I have already completed. I am considering switching to Liberal Arts just to finish the degree up. I can just get certified in CIS or Computer Programming from there. I really want the BSBA in CIS. That would make me happy but I don’t want to be stressed over it. Is that a good idea? Please let me know your suggestions. Attached is my new updated advisory of credits. I haven't taken Biology or Environmental Science. 

Project Management (3)
Project Management (3)

She responded with:

You should have a plan first on how to get the remaining RA credit.  There is a 90 credit transfer limit on non-RA credit so you don't want to get more than you need.

If you do the TESU flat rate, then 16 credits will be RA through TESU.
Your classes would be:
SOS 101 info lit.
Capstone
Critical thinking (suggestion for General electives)
Easy course (suggestion for General electives)
Intro Marketing  (One of your open spots for Bus Core)
PLA-100  (1credit course)

If you get the full Pell Grant, then it's the cheapest to do 3 terms which take 9 months.  Paying for classes at full-cost 1 at a time would cost the most. 

So considering you are doing RA credit, then you wouldn't need any more Sophia GE Electives courses.

Another option is TECEP exams which if you need a total of 18 RA, you would need to take at least 1 TECEP or do the TEL learning course.

You took so many business courses, it wouldn't make sense to switch to liberal arts.  You could consider switching to BSBA General Management or another option such as BSBA Finance if you felt it would be quicker to do those.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(06-22-2021, 07:08 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Please see the following pages on the wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap and https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Taking Charge of Your Economic Future comes in as a free elective. The BSBA CIS has 6 free electives available. However, I really strongly recommend taking this class even if it doesn't fit into any available slot in your degree plan. There is a ton of good information in this course.

Thank you for replying.

(06-22-2021, 06:28 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:

Project Management (3)
Project Management (3)

She responded with:
The ancient greek course has been renewed until 2024 so you're good to take it.
 Also take a look at this thread

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=36982

Some of the courses you want to take wont transfer in.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
 Thank you

(06-23-2021, 04:48 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

Project Management (3)
Project Management (3)

She responded with:

You should have a plan first on how to get the remaining RA credit.  There is a 90 credit transfer limit on non-RA credit so you don't want to get more than you need.

If you do the TESU flat rate, then 16 credits will be RA through TESU.
Your classes would be:
SOS 101 info lit.
Capstone
Critical thinking (suggestion for General electives)
Easy course (suggestion for General electives)
Intro Marketing  (One of your open spots for Bus Core)
PLA-100  (1credit course)

If you get the full Pell Grant, then it's the cheapest to do 3 terms which take 9 months.  Paying for classes at full-cost 1 at a time would cost the most. 

So considering you are doing RA credit, then you wouldn't need any more Sophia GE Electives courses.

Another option is TECEP exams which if you need a total of 18 RA, you would need to take at least 1 TECEP or do the TEL learning course.

You took so many business courses, it wouldn't make sense to switch to liberal arts.  You could consider switching to BSBA General Management or another option such as BSBA Finance if you felt it would be quicker to do those.

Thank you LevelUp. This was really helpful. I am just about there with this plan. However, I think I am having to change. I got the link to this thread today from [b]bjcheung77. [/b]I was finally able to review the advice.

(06-22-2021, 11:03 PM)Flelm Wrote: Last time we talked, you needed to figure out where 18 of your 30 RA credits were coming from. Did you do that yet? You have 6 from previous institution and will get another 6 from TESU (cornerstone/capstone).

Thank you. I have gotten a lot of credits since we talked last. I am on a new thread now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 169 5 hours ago
Last Post: davewill
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,803 11 hours ago
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 238 Today, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 174 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 211 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 253 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 251 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,069 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 359 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 680 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy