Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Computer Science Degree Plan 9/2020
(06-29-2021, 12:08 PM)jsarles Wrote: Straighterline calculus finished.
Only two classes remaining.
Project for Computer Architecture 306
and Linear Alegbra from Coopersmith, I am still nervous that I will take this class and they will deny me the credit , but no way to find out for sure

I mean, there's one way and it's what you're doing now.  Big Grin

On a serious note, congrats on all the progress towards wrapping up your CS degree. I've only got a few more courses left for the same degree, but Calculus is kicking my butt. Having to learn higher level mathematics again in my old age is a pain.
In progress:
TESU BSBA-CIS (120/120) [Completed, delayed conferral]
TESU BA-COS (117/120)
TESU ASNSM Math (59/61) 
Remaining:
SDC - Systems Analysis, Data Structures, Comp Architecture, Discrete Math, Business Communication
SL Going to try Sophia- Calculus 1
MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics TECEP
CSM Learn
TESU - Cornerstone, Capstone

(06-29-2021, 02:01 PM)Turkish Wrote:
and Linear Alegbra from Coopersmith, I am still nervous that I will take this class and they will deny me the credit , but no way to find out for sure

I mean, there's one way and it's what you're doing now.  Big Grin  

On a serious note, congrats on all the progress towards wrapping up your CS degree. I've only got a few more courses left for the same degree, but Calculus is kicking my butt. Having to learn higher level mathematics again in my old age is a pain.

Congrats on getting your degree as well, it usually seems harder to do it later in life so kudos!  Smile
It can definitely be a mixed blessing to be working on a degree greater in life, a little bit more life experience can build some better habits!    

I would definitely recommend straighterline Calculus as the best method of passing calculus that I have found. If you are trying to do something higher level then that unfortunately I cannot help haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsarles's post:
  • rachel83az

SL calculus is the way to go because you can use a CAS calculator.

Said that 3 times because it's a lifesaver.  Other than that I find that SL has a better variety of sample problems.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • jsarles, Pikachu
(06-29-2021, 07:46 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

Said that 3 times because it's a lifesaver.  Other than that I find that SL has a better variety of sample problems.
I'll say it one more time for the people in the back,

Check out reddit threads and half the comments will say "buy the N-spire calculator and the class is twice as easy."
[-] The following 2 users Like jsarles's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu
(06-29-2021, 09:15 PM)jsarles Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 07:46 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

I'll say it one more time for the people in the back,

Check out reddit threads and half the comments will say "buy the N-spire calculator and the class is twice as easy."

Yes, that's the exact calculator I got.  You can always resell it on eBay when you're done with it so it really doesn't cost you much.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Update : Only 3 credits left.
Hi so this is just me providing one final update, I am taking my last necessary class at TESU just because I am a little burned out and wanted credits that I knew would transfer. I am taking CIS-351 Software Engineering. It fulfills my last upper level computer science elective. Thankfully this last class is pretty easy and the professor Dr. Sandra Reynolds grades assignments pretty generously in my opinion. If I had known how easy the computer science degree was at Thomas Edison I probably would have done this first instead of getting a business degree at Thomas Edison . But I know it's only getting harder as they tighten up requirements, so I am overall glad I am finishing the degree now and getting it over with. I currently have a 97 in the TESU software engineering class and if I finish with an A I will likely finish with a 3.8 GPA overall. Final Project is due December 26th which makes me eligible for March Graduation. Once this class is over, I plan to do some interview prep and coding projects to get ready for software engineering interviews. I might do a bootcamp, still haven't decided yet.... Good luck everyone
  • rachel83az
so did your coopersmith linear algebra transfer easily ? 
what did you get for it ? 
upper, lower, 3 credits ?
(11-10-2021, 02:59 PM)bluebooger Wrote: so did your coopersmith linear algebra transfer easily ? 
what did you get for it ? 
upper, lower, 3 credits ?

Yeah I didn't end up taking the class, I had bought the class already but I was too afraid of either not passing the test or them not letting me trasnfer the credit. 
I chose the expensive TESU class instead because the credits were a sure thing.
  • bluebooger
Final Update: Academic Evaluation shows all requirements complete for my second degree bachelors in computer science. Finished the software engineering class with an A giving me a TESU GPA of 3.8. Thanks to everyone on this forum, couldn't have done it without your help. Graduation in March.
[-] The following 3 users Like jsarles's post:
  • ACI, rachel83az, ROYISAGIRL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 4 73 34 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 592 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,164 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,902 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 208 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 199 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,149 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 187 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 523 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,301 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM