Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Computer Science Degree Plan 9/2020
(11-19-2020, 02:56 AM)doom Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 09:36 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It took about a week for me to complete CS 102: Systems Analysis & Design. I have not done the one written assignment yet but it doesn't look overly difficult. Add another 1-2 days for that. But subtract 2 or 3 days because I also completed Programming in Python (including Python's assignment) during that period. I probably could (and should) have done it faster but I get easily distracted by things sometimes.

Just curious, may I ask you if the Python's assignment was this one?
https://study.com/academy/lesson/program...ogram.html

Yep, that's the one.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Received my eval. I need the two tesu required courses. And the 36 aos. Plus I will take pre calc probably thru Aleks to make sure I’m ready for calc. I’m excited !!
(11-20-2020, 07:42 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Received my eval. I need the two tesu required courses. And the 36 aos. Plus I will take pre calc probably thru Aleks to make sure I’m ready for calc. I’m excited !!

Hey, I've taken Stastics on Aleks before and it was a real bear. The straighterline Calculus test is 70% open book tests. JFYI. and the last 30% is the proctored final. Depends on your level of comfort but I think straighterline + Khan Academy would be good enough to get you through but feel free to disregard this, your mileage might vary!

Decemeber 1st Update, another class in the books. Discrete Math through SDC I just finished it by the skin of my teeth on the last day of my membership before I pause SDC to do Linear Alegbra.
21 Credits left.

4 SDC Classes
Computer Architecture
Databases
System Design
Algorithms & Data Structures
SL Calculus
Cooper smith Linear Algebra
TESU Capstone.

Trying to finish Linear Alegbra in December, going to be careful with this one because the penalty for not passing is $250 + 3 months of lost time. I could still take it again in march but it would be a bummer and I would prefer to focus on the capstone alone.
Then I plan on knocking out the 4 study.com classes in December/Janauray beginning of febuaruy.

I think Sl Calc will be the easiest to pass so I am saving it for last.

Aim is to graduate in June. start the capstone in Febuarauy
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsarles's post:
  • Pikachu
(12-01-2020, 04:15 PM)jsarles Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 07:42 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Received my eval. I need the two tesu required courses. And the 36 aos. Plus I will take pre calc probably thru Aleks to make sure I’m ready for calc. I’m excited !!

Hey, I've taken Stastics on Aleks before and it was a real bear. The straighterline Calculus test is 70% open book tests. JFYI. and the last 30% is the proctored final. Depends on your level of comfort but I think straighterline + Khan Academy would be good enough to get you through but feel free to disregard this, your mileage might vary!

Decemeber 1st Update, another class in the books. Discrete Math through SDC I just finished it by the skin of my teeth on the last day of my membership before I pause SDC to do Linear Alegbra.
21 Credits left.

4 SDC Classes
Computer Architecture
Databases
System Design
SL Calculus
TESU Capstone.

Trying to finish Linear Alegbra in December, going to be careful with this one because the penalty for not passing is $250 + 3 months of lost time. I could still take it again in march but it would be a bummer and I would prefer to focus on the capstone alone.
Then I plan on knocking out the 4 study.com classes in December/Janauray beginning of febuaruy.

I'm shooting for a liberal arts capstone start date in Feb as well.

My plan of courses to do in Dec:
Intro programming
Discrete Math
Data Structures
Computer Arch

I'm doing the SOS 101 and Business Capstone right now but I'm getting ahead in those courses and should be able to pull it off.  We'll see though.

My workload is around 7hrs per week total for both though courses combined so I got some spare time to work with.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Weird/Word, whatever! Here goes, I would do it differently, I would recommend you doing the courses in the order you have it listed. Study.com first, as you can get all the credits into TESU faster to be eligible for February Capstone. Remember, you need at least 104+ credits and most of your AOS completed before they will unlock your Capstone. If you do as you are doing now, you'll miss out on 12 quicker credits while focusing on your harder/slower Linear Algebra course. Saving SL for last would be alright, you can do your course along with the Capstone if you needed...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for the heads up, I might do that instead! The only thing that worries me is that coopersmith has a 3 month limit between exam attempts so I would like to finish my first attempt by Jan 15th or so so I have time to retake it if necessary. Definitely crunch time for studying! I guess the simplest path is to pass it on the first try!
(12-01-2020, 04:15 PM)jsarles Wrote:

21 Credits left.

4 SDC Classes
Computer Architecture
Databases
System Design
SL Calculus
TESU Capstone.

Since my last post I decided to do just as you suggested. I’m spending this month on Kahn academy. Then I’m gonna sign up for Straighterline calc 1 in January and still plan on using Kahn as a supplement. Thanks For the  good advice.
happy to help!
Are TECEP and coppersmith linear algebra still UL at TESU for BACS?
I don't know about TECEP but I talked to an enrollment advisor who slotted in cooper linear alegbra in my course plan with no issues

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 8 164 10 minutes ago
Last Post: nhmimi
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 0 32 2 hours ago
Last Post: jobojoe285
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 35 673 6 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 1 67 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 353 11 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 155 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,489 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,859 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 183 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 357 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM