Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Computer Science Degree Plan 9/2020
8 Classes to go before the capstone...
Trying to register for the Janurauy capstone course if possible,
7 Study.com Classes plus coopersmith Linear alegbra...
I heard that linear alegbra CC you have to wait two months in between tries... so I that's my next class after Intro to programming
Took Davar MIS.... Hard Test but I got an 81 with not much studying
[-] The following 2 users Like jsarles's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
Intro to programming done.
Going to take Calculus on Straighterline instead of study.com because of all the quizzes on study,com. 120 which is almost double a usaul class. Will be faster to just take the open book exams on Straighterline because those are worth 70% of the grade instead of 120 quizzes which are worth 30% of your grade on SDC. Kind of a nobrainer except the cost is slgihtly higher. But for a throw away class like calc 1 no big deal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsarles's post:
  • Pikachu
(11-12-2020, 02:54 PM)jsarles Wrote: Intro to programming done.
Going to take Calculus on Straighterline instead of study.com because of all the quizzes on study,com. 120 which is almost double a usaul class. Will be faster to just take the open book exams on Straighterline because those are worth 70% of the grade instead of 120 quizzes which are worth 30% of your grade on SDC. Kind of a nobrainer except the cost is slgihtly higher. But for a throw away class like calc 1 no big deal.

Straighterline exams are open-book? I'm planning to study Calculus in other ways besides just whatever provider I choose but open book for Calculus sounds nice.

Look for a SL coupon code. It won't be that much more than SDC if you use one.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-12-2020, 02:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 02:54 PM)jsarles Wrote: Intro to programming done.

Straighterline exams are open-book? I'm planning to study Calculus in other ways besides just whatever provider I choose but open book for Calculus sounds nice.

Look for a SL coupon code. It won't be that much more than SDC if you use one.

Some are open book, some closed book.  Calculus is there is no book so it doesn't matter.

https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/

With Study.com the key is to get 100% on the quizzes, then you just need 55% on the final to pass.  There are lots of quizzes but if you don't waste time watching videos, it can go just as fast as Sophia or any other ACE credit provider.  

DO NOT DIG YOURSELF A HOLE and average less than 95% on quizzes.  One person here dug themselves a hole in discrete math and failed the final 3 times only because of scoring low on the quizzes.  Would have passed otherwise.  Keep in mind, they don't let you reset a study.com course.

As far as which is easier, straighterline or study.com for Calculus, that I'm not sure.  Generally, with study.com you should always take the final practice exam and usually, you score within 10% of the practice exam.  So that gives you an early indicator if you are in trouble on a course.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
(11-12-2020, 06:13 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Some are open book, some closed book.  Calculus is there is no book so it doesn't matter.

https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/

Nice! They allow notes, too. ...But they also use ProctorU. Ugh. I guess I'll stick with SDC.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I understand that it’s hypothetical but out of curiosity how long is it taking you guys to complete an upper level computer science or math course through study.com or coppersmith , Davar ect. Example : 1 month @ approx 2 hrs per day.
It took about a week for me to complete CS 102: Systems Analysis & Design. I have not done the one written assignment yet but it doesn't look overly difficult. Add another 1-2 days for that. But subtract 2 or 3 days because I also completed Programming in Python (including Python's assignment) during that period. I probably could (and should) have done it faster but I get easily distracted by things sometimes.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(11-17-2020, 09:25 AM)Pats20 Wrote: I understand that it’s hypothetical but out of curiosity how long is it taking you guys to complete an upper level computer science or math course through study.com or coppersmith , Davar ect. Example : 1 month @ approx 2 hrs per day.

I always finish up my courses in a week or less cause I hate having to go back and redo things if start forgetting things by taking too long on a course.

These UL courses are pretty easy to pass, should take most people less than 20hr to do each.  The writing makes the courses easier to pass.  For example, you get 100% on the quizzes, 70% on the writing, you only need 40% on the final to pass.

S0 10hr a day, you're done in 2 days.  1/2 hour a day and take the weekends off, you could complete in 2 months.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Thanks for the reply. Good information to base off of.
(11-17-2020, 09:36 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It took about a week for me to complete CS 102: Systems Analysis & Design. I have not done the one written assignment yet but it doesn't look overly difficult. Add another 1-2 days for that. But subtract 2 or 3 days because I also completed Programming in Python (including Python's assignment) during that period. I probably could (and should) have done it faster but I get easily distracted by things sometimes.

Just curious, may I ask you if the Python's assignment was this one?
https://study.com/academy/lesson/program...ogram.html
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 585 Today, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,158 Today, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,899 Today, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 200 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 193 Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,105 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 185 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 523 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,291 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 171 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM