Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Computer Science Degree Plan 9/2020
(10-07-2020, 04:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The Networking TECEP is notoriously difficult. It's outdated and also doesn't match the study materials that well, according to those who have taken it. I would study for that while working on the Coopersmith course. Only if you do not pass Linear Algebra do you need to put effort into the TECEP.

That sounds like a plan, thanks for the heads up!!
(10-07-2020, 10:57 AM)jsarles Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 04:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The Networking TECEP is notoriously difficult. It's outdated and also doesn't match the study materials that well, according to those who have taken it. I would study for that while working on the Coopersmith course. Only if you do not pass Linear Algebra do you need to put effort into the TECEP.

I would guess the fail rate on the Network TECEP is at least 50%.  It is much harder than say a CLEP exam.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • jsarles, Pikachu
(10-07-2020, 01:24 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 10:57 AM)jsarles Wrote:

I would guess the fail rate on the Network TECEP is at least 50%.  It is much harder than say a CLEP exam.
Yeah I've heard that from multiple sources that the TECEPS are hard. seems like there's definitely consensus there.
Some TECEPs are easier than others. Network Technology is one of the more difficult ones. The English ones are supposedly pretty easy.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jsarles, Pikachu
Yeah i bet, I thought that the english cleps were some of the easiest as well, got word back from TESU. No information literacy class needed.
and it looks like management information systems will work as well. Still need to ask about coppersmith linear algebra though.
10 classes left
JFYI TESU told me that I needed to complete Systems Design and Database Management by Jan 31st 2021. Maybe they will no longer accept credit if you complete the course after that
(09-17-2020, 07:41 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey OP, I got your PM.  Here you go, Here are my suggestions for you... BTW, you do not need to do the Cornerstone SOS-110.  
Basically, You will need to take the courses below & Capstone, then pay the residency waiver and graduation fee, voila, that's it!

Anyways, I recommend doing everything at Study.com unless of course they don't offer the course such as a the Network TECEP.
Having said that, if you don't already have an Associates degree, get the ASNSM Math along with this BA Computer Science, FREE!

Required Classes (6)

Intro to Programming Study.com(SDC)
Data Structures Study.com(SDC)
Calculus - Straighterline  >> Study.com instead as it will give you 6 credits instead of 3 or 4 at SL
Discrete Math (SDC)
Intro to Operating Systems (SDC)
Computer Architecture (SDC) UL

Electives (6)

Database Management SDC UL
Systems Analysis and Design SDC UL
Management Information Systems Davar codes as 301 UL (needs to be confirmed) >> OR Study.com instead
C Programming SDC >> I recommend taking additional programming courses as they overlap
Coopersmith Linear Algebra UL
TECEP Network Technology

So would you know how to apply for the associates degree?
SDC calc is now only 3 credits, not 6.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ACI, jsarles, Pikachu
(10-08-2020, 06:08 PM)jsarles Wrote: JFYI TESU told me that I needed to complete Systems Design and Database Management by Jan 31st 2021. Maybe they will no longer accept credit if you complete the course after that

It's because that's when they're set to expire on ACE.  My bet is, Study.com is already working with ACE to get these renewed, and that will be done long before they expire.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-09-2020, 02:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote: SDC calc is now only 3 credits, not 6.

Thanks for the heads up, shouldn't be an issue, but good to know

(10-10-2020, 08:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 06:08 PM)jsarles Wrote: JFYI TESU told me that I needed to complete Systems Design and Database Management by Jan 31st 2021. Maybe they will no longer accept credit if you complete the course after that

It's because that's when they're set to expire on ACE.  My bet is, Study.com is already working with ACE to get these renewed, and that will be done long before they expire.

Fingers crossed you are right but I am going to prioritize those classes next, not taking any chances ! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 76 Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 160 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 137 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 77 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 73 04-23-2024, 11:36 AM
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,737 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 197 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,552 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 123 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM