Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU DBA and MS in Accounting
In 2017, I posted about TESU's plans to develop a DBA and MS in Accounting. Jonathan Whatley notified everyone on the other forum that these programs are now finished. 

The DBA can be completed in 18 months if you attend full-time and you're able to finish the project within the 8-week sessions. If you need more time to complete the project, you can petition for a couple of more terms. Tuition is $905 per credit hour, and the program is 48 credits. 

https://www.tesu.edu/business/dba

The MS in Accounting is 30 credits and can be completed in 12 months. Tuition is $668 per credit hour. An undergraduate degree in accounting is not required. The program seems rather basic, and it's probably because it's designed for people without accounting degrees. WGU is inflexible with their MSA admissions requirements. You either need to have a bachelor's degree in accounting or be a CPA. Taking a bunch of undergraduate accounting courses will not gain you admission. 

https://www.tesu.edu/business/msa
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
(05-08-2019, 07:10 PM)sanantone Wrote: In 2017, I posted about TESU's plans to develop a DBA and MS in Accounting. Jonathan Whatley notified everyone on the other forum that these programs are now finished. 

The DBA can be completed in 18 months if you attend full-time and you're able to finish the project within the 8-week sessions. If you need more time to complete the project, you can petition for a couple of more terms. Tuition is $905 per credit hour, and the program is 48 credits. 

https://www.tesu.edu/business/dba

[...]

Interesting. I like the 18-month format of their DBA program. It appears to culminate with a "Scholar-Practitioner Field Project" rather than a dissertation which is also appealing. Though I'm sure there is a significant amount of research and writing required in either case.

I didn't think I would have any reason to pursue another degree from TESU, but this DBA does pique my interest. Then again, it fairly pricey, so I'm not about to pay $44,000 in tuition out of pocket. There are comparable programs offered elsewhere under $600 per credit hour. I suspect they don't offer any funding or financial support for doctoral students.

If I decide to pursue a doctoral degree, unless I get hired by a company that is willing to fund my degree, I'd more likely focus on programs that are fully funded via fellowships, grants, teaching assistantships, and/or similar programs. There are a number of schools that fully fund all students that are accepted into their doctoral programs, including a few local universities. They are just a bit hard to get into and none are 100% online.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
TESU changed the format of the program to only allow one course at a time. So, the minimum amount of time to complete the degree is three years. TESU and EVMS are ridiculous for making people wait three years to finish 42 to 48-credit hour programs. EVMS' program doesn't even require a culminating project.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(09-06-2019, 05:12 PM)sanantone Wrote: TESU changed the format of the program to only allow one course at a time. So, the minimum amount of time to complete the degree is three years. TESU and EVMS are ridiculous for making people wait three years to finish 42 to 48-credit hour programs. EVMS' program doesn't even require a culminating project.

Oh well, it was an interesting idea while it lasted. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I wish they offer finance or cybersecurity dba. Let hope they offer in the future
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

FYI - TESU has a cert, bs, and now a masters in Cybersecurity.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,140 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bachelor to Masters program at TESU Lacedonia4 10 2,880 07-10-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: jch
  Masters degree options after BSBA at TESU schlocker 7 1,354 05-23-2022, 06:11 AM
Last Post: freeloader
  Ms accounting. Pats20 10 1,830 09-17-2021, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  University of Florida Pulled a TESU sanantone 7 2,804 09-16-2021, 07:32 AM
Last Post: angelman
  TESU to WGU Mitmike2019 14 2,081 02-01-2021, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU graduate - Grad School on campus program? hoffdeb 1 887 01-20-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate School after Charter Oak/TESU Elizabethcl 8 2,589 01-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Last Post: jonesy20
  TESU Jan 2020 Doctor of Business Administration hoffdeb 1 1,393 11-04-2019, 01:28 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  TESU - New Master’s Degree in Cybersecurity jsd 11 2,967 10-18-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: jsd