Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Diversity Requirement?
Hello,

I have applied to TESU and gotten my academic evaluation.  They won't accept REL-277 World Religions, SPA-101 Elementary Spanish or POS-280 Comparative Government and Politics I for the Diversity requirement.  I am confused as to why they won't allow POS-280 given that POS-282 Intro to Comparative Politics is listed in their Diversity section.  Do I have a chance of getting it slotted if I resubmit and ask them to reconsider?  If not, does anybody have a recommendation for a quick/easy course from either Shmoop or Study.com that has successfully fulfilled TESU's GE Diversity requirement?  

Thank you in advance for any help!

ETA: This is the email I received from Academic Advising responding to my request to use POS-280 for the Diversity Requirement: "Comparative Government and Politics from Shmoop University will transfer in as POS-280, Comparative Governments and Politics I. This course is accredited by ACE until April 30, 2020. This course will apply toward your Liberal Studies Area of Study."
I’m sure there are others, but intro to sociology from study.com should work.
Yeah, i would resubmit. Even World Religions is specifically listed on their site as meeting requirements.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
The problem isn't that they won't accept them in the Diversity area, it's that they placed the courses in your AOS, which is considered "#1" in terms of placing courses. It's kind of ranked - AOS, then specific areas of the Gen Ed, then Gen Ed Electives, then Free Electives. So if it fits in the AOS, that's where they will initially place it.

All you need to do is ask them to move it for you. Call or email, and just ask them to move whichever course you choose (Comparative Politics or World Religions) to the Diversity requirement. They should do it immediately, no problem.

I would do World Religions, and then put Comparative Politics in the Civic Engagement area.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jeremiah_jn
(04-03-2018, 04:57 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The problem isn't that they won't accept them in the Diversity area, it's that they placed the courses in your AOS, which is considered "#1" in terms of placing courses.  It's kind of ranked - AOS, then specific areas of the Gen Ed, then Gen Ed Electives, then Free Electives.  So if it fits in the AOS, that's where they will initially place it.

All you need to do is ask them to move it for you.  Call or email, and just ask them to move whichever course you choose (Comparative Politics or World Religions) to the Diversity requirement.  They should do it immediately, no problem.

I would do World Religions, and then put Comparative Politics in the Civic Engagement area.

When I called and asked them to move it they said it wouldn't satisfy the Diversity requirement and I'd have to email advising.  So I emailed advising asking them to place it in Diversity and their only response was that it would be placed in the liberal studies area of study.  I emailed again and they did agree to move it for me, so for anybody who needs this info they did accept POS-280 (what Shmoop's Comparative Government and Politics transfers as) for the Diversity requirement of a BALS.  

They accepted World Religions for Information Literacy.  I also have Shmoop American Government now that I believe transfers as POS-110 that I was planning on using for the Civic Engagement area unless you think that might be an issue as well.
(04-03-2018, 06:31 PM)YeaStudy Wrote: When I called and asked them to move it they said it wouldn't satisfy the Diversity requirement and I'd have to email advising.  So I emailed advising asking them to place it in Diversity and their only response was that it would be placed in the liberal studies area of study.  I emailed again and they did agree to move it for me, so for anybody who needs this info they did accept POS-280 (what Shmoop's Comparative Government and Politics transfers as) for the Diversity requirement of a BALS.  

They accepted World Religions for Information Literacy.  I also have Shmoop American Government now that I believe transfers as POS-110 that I was planning on using for the Civic Engagement area unless you think that might be an issue as well.

Sheesh!  Seriously, I think we are learning that persistence is key.  I think it's actually getting worse there, rather than better.  I have no idea what anyone over there is thinking.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,972 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,658 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,099 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,340 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,371 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore